Chew and Spit ‘Fasting’? - Other recognized eating disorders - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Chew and Spit ‘Fasting’?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 annabbird

annabbird

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

“skinny girl” summer is approaching in like a month.
I’ve lost a decent amount so far through just restriction but i always fall off for one day because i feel tempted by tasty food and i make food for my family.
i just rediscovered chew and spit. my mom used to do but not to the point of an ED, she saw it as a fad diet tip.

I can lose about 2 more lbs just from fasting 2 out of 7 days a week, i’m going to probably chew and spit a small amount of whatever i make for the family, so i can curb my cravings and also lose weight.

i love the taste of food but i hate the way it makes me feel, and this way i actually feel like i ate it.
  • hate_handles, RotJunky and Marilynettee like this

#2 EarlGray

EarlGray

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:17 PM

Don't go down this route. Digestion starts in the mouth through salavation and spiking of one's hunger hormone ghrelin. You won't gain from it, as long as you spit everything out, but it will feel like such a tease. It's a waste of time and food. Please go about your weight loss as healthily as you can
  • RotJunky and iwanttobethinandlovely like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users