Subcutaneous injection concern - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Subcutaneous injection concern

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pastel twig

pastel twig

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:02 PM

I gave myself a subcutaneous injection on my thigh (with an injection pen) about 15 minutes ago, and I forgot to pinch the skin first. Should I be concerned that the needle could have reached muscle? Other than being extra painful and bleeding/oozing a little medicine, it seems to be fine so far.

AridImmaculateBluet-size_restricted.gif

thinspo

stats:

Spoiler

ACCOUNTABILITY and body checks

#2 consumedbyeds

consumedbyeds

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:40 PM

i do MDI. did a doctor tell you you had to pinch? in my experience it is only to help with the pain and because sometimes the needles are long. assuming you didnt get a 'bubble' under your skin where you did the injection you should be fine. 

as for medicine/blood oozing, in the future you want to compress it with like a tissue or cotton pad just to stop as much of it from coming out as possible. for me the compression also tends to help with the pain

highest weight: 168

current weight: 144

goals: lose 5-10 pounds each month until 100

ultimate goal weight: 88

my-thinspo-thread

Spoiler

#3 pastel twig

pastel twig

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

i do MDI. did a doctor tell you you had to pinch? in my experience it is only to help with the pain and because sometimes the needles are long. assuming you didnt get a 'bubble' under your skin where you did the injection you should be fine. 

as for medicine/blood oozing, in the future you want to compress it with like a tissue or cotton pad just to stop as much of it from coming out as possible. for me the compression also tends to help with the pain

The official instructions for the medicine said to pinch, and it did hurt more without pinching, but I didn't get a bubble.

And thank you for the tip!

AridImmaculateBluet-size_restricted.gif

thinspo

stats:

Spoiler

ACCOUNTABILITY and body checks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users