7 Day Fast With Post Fast Weight Check | black coffee & water - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

7 Day Fast With Post Fast Weight Check | black coffee & water

5 day fast high bmi

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:39 AM

Day one

April 26th, 2021.

Weight: 183.6 lbs

Hey all!

I started a 5 day fast yesterday at around 3:40pm. Didn't weigh myself that day though so i'm starting this thread from today. When I fast, I usually record the duration of the fast, then the same amount of days of eating afterwards before i give a "final" result because the refeeding is arguably more crucial than the actual fast. So this thread will be 10 days long; 5 days of fasting, 5 days of eating. Usually when I fast, I drink sodas and teas, but for this fast I will be purely sticking to coffee and water. I will occasionally add electrolyte powder if I start to feel unwell. 

Some relevant background info: Prior to this i've been doing OMAD, eating 400 cals during the week, 400 - 600 on Saturdays and around 1000 on Sundays. This specific Sunday, my last meal before the fast, I had 1250 calories of BBQ chicken (don't ask). I don't really have much, or anything to say about the first full day of not eating. It's never a problem for me. I'll update tomorrow with day 2 :)

• ch0bz likes this

#2 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:17 AM

Day two

April 27th, 2021.

Weight: 183 lbs (-0.6)

Bleugh, today does NOT feel good. Big drama in my personal life with abusive family member and all I want to do is eat my feelings, but i'm managing to just bury my head in video games and ignore it. Can't stop crying though, which sucks. I don't want to get dehydrated. Going for a walk in a little bit, I hope it clears my head a little. 

• ch0bz likes this

#3 ch0bz

ch0bz

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:06 PM

just wanted to pop in and say congrats on completing the huel plan! and sending best wishes for your current fast.

thank you for sharing all of this with us. even the entries you add on about how your day went. i also especially loved when you would share nature/walk photos. i really hope things smooth out and you feel better soon!
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#4 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

just wanted to pop in and say congrats on completing the huel plan! and sending best wishes for your current fast.

thank you for sharing all of this with us. even the entries you add on about how your day went. i also especially loved when you would share nature/walk photos. i really hope things smooth out and you feel better soon!

:wub:  thank you so much! <3 i really must take more pictures, it's motivating for me to look back on them.

• ch0bz likes this

#5 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:33 PM

Day three

April 28th, 2021.

Weight: 182.8 lbs (-0.2)

I feel a lot better today emotionally  :) not feeling any big side effects of fasting at the minute, though i did get some hunger pains earlier which I was able to just ignore by listening to some podcasts. I'm pretty used to low restricting right now, so fasting doesn't really hit me that hard at the beginning like it does some people. I tend to struggle the most on the fourth day with my energy suddenly tanking, so it'll be interesting to see how i feel then. The main obstacle for me is always mental; I think about food a lot and most of my day is spent thinking what different types of food i could squeeze into my calorie allowance that week.

Trying to use this time to decide what I want to eat afterwards. I've been really craving sushi a lot recently and have been going for it whenever I could on weekends, but it's so expensive where I live :( I had actually been planning on doing an egg mono instead of fasting initially and half of me still wants to, but i get sick of egg really quickly even though I love it. I don't know, even though the lack of change gets boring, I find it easiest to stay on track when I have an eating plan or a specific diet to follow.

• ch0bz and Stagnant_Reality like this

#6 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:04 AM

Day four

April 29th, 2021.

Weight: 182.8 lbs (-0)

Hmm, kind of disappointed. I usually lose quite a lot when I fast; don't think I've ever lost nothing. Kinda regret making the thread because I'm having like.... no results lol. I did just have my period though, so maybe that has something to do with it? I also didn't drink much water yesterday, so i'm trying my best to fix that today.

Honestly I don't feel bad at all. I'd usually feel awful by this point in a fast, but I feel fine. Just irritable and tired.

• ch0bz likes this

#7 sacrimonial.skeleton

sacrimonial.skeleton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland | Italy

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:18 AM

hey iso, this is vika here to stalk you :wub:

• DIETTEARS likes this

❀ 𝟀𝟨 π“Žπ‘’π’Άπ“‡ π‘œπ“π’Ή π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‡π‘’π“π’Ύπ’Έ  ❀

170 𝒸𝓂

🌈

𝐻𝒲 ~100𝓀𝑔 | 𝐿𝒲 38𝓀𝑔
π’žπ’² ?? 𝓀𝑔
(no access to a scale atm rip)

π“‰π“Œπ“‰ (deactivated until 5th july) | π’Ύπ“ƒπ“ˆπ“‰π’Ά

#8 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:42 PM

hey iso, this is vika here to stalk you :wub:

i was JUST stalking your thread oh my god hahaha devious minds think alike :')

#9 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2021 - 07:53 AM

Day five

April 30th, 2021.

Weight: 181.2 lbs (-1.6)

Yay, finally a result! I actually don't feel too bad at all today, so i'm going to extend the fast to be a 7 day fast and end it on Sunday. I want to get below 180. If i feel bad tomorrow i'll end it then, but i don't really think I will to be honest. It feels like through eating a mostly liquid diet prior to this, i've managed to adapt my body to fasting really well.

• ch0bz likes this

#10 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:44 AM

Day six

May 1st, 2021.

Weight: 179.8 lbs (-1.4)

Remember yesterday when I was like "oh, i feel great, everything is fine :DDDD"? Yeah uh, reality has set in. I feel dreadful today. Have a horrible headache and feel extremely nauseous. Have the good ol' losing my vision when I stand up for 5 seconds. BUT it's my last full day of fasting, I can break the fast tomorrow so i'm going to just struggle through today and tough it out. Seeing myself FINALLY get below 180 is huge motivation and I know if i broke the fast today, i'd wake up tomorrow back at 180. Which I don't want. 

I know I should take some electrolyte powder right now, but i'm almost positive I would just vomit it back up and cause myself to get even more sick. Hopefully the nausea calms down a bit by the evening, so I can take some then.

• ch0bz likes this

#11 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:56 AM

Day seven

May 2nd, 2021.

Weight: 177.8 lbs (-2)

Woah what a drop! I feel much better than I did yesterday. Definitely still weak and out of breath easily from doing basic tasks, but the utter exhaustion and the nausea is thankfully gone. 

I haven't been food shopping, so I asked my father if he could pick me up some healthy food on his way back home this evening to break my fast on. I'm kind of waiting to see what the food he brings back is before I decide if I want to actually break my fast or go another day or not. Honestly, I feel like I could go longer right now. Regardless, i'm doing an egg mono next week and I hope my transition onto that is relatively smooth.

EDIT: I did end up breaking the fast, wanted to eat a meal with my dad for once seeing as we're usually eating separate all the time. 

Calorie breakdown:

• tuna and cucumber sushi rolls (200 cals)
  • 2 boiled eggs (150 cals)

Total: 350 cals.

I feel bloated to be honest. Having food in my stomach after so long without it is a very uncomfortable feeling. Even more upsetting is the thought of getting on the scale tomorrow and most likely seeing myself over 180, but I knew that was going to happen if i broke my fast today so I kind of just need to suck it up and deal with it. 

Edited by DIETTEARS, 02 May 2021 - 11:46 AM.

• ch0bz and D3M0N like this

#12 kissmyabs

kissmyabs

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2621 posts
  • Locationshe/her

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:42 AM

Congrats on being safely out of the 180s! I am super obsessed with your updates so I’m hoping you’ll keep them up for the mono?
  • DIETTEARS likes this

undiagnosed restrictive bs

BMI 23 22 21 20 19 maintenance

hsgd accountability turned recovery-ish

https://www.myproana...sed-turning-30/

#13 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 May 2021 - 11:48 AM

Congrats on being safely out of the 180s! I am super obsessed with your updates so I’m hoping you’ll keep them up for the mono?

Thank you so much <3  :wub:  Yeah i'll probably be making a thread in the mono section! I'll link it here when I make it. Will be starting on Tuesday though :)

• ch0bz likes this

#14 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:14 PM

Day eight (one day post fast)

May 3rd, 2021.

Weight: 177.2 lbs (-0.6)

Damn, I was really expecting to have gained. Very glad I haven't yet! Today was really difficult to start out with. Super low energy, dizzy, felt like I couldn't face walking at first. It was a bit better once I had some food though. I set a calorie limit for today of 600 cals, as I knew i'd be walking around the town quite a bit and would probably burn an extra 200. Probably should have had something more substantial than the ice cream but um, i'm a fiend for sugar lol

Calorie breakdown:

• Greggs vegan steak bake (375 cals)
  • Magnum gold caramel billionaire ice cream ( 231 cals)
  • Monster Ultra (11 cals)

Total: 617 cals.

Ngl i do feel quite guilty for having 600, but I know that's kind of ridiculous. 

• kissmyabs, ch0bz and D3M0N like this

#15 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:46 AM

Day nine (two days post fast)

May 4th, 2021.

Weight: 177.2 lbs (+0.2)

Glad to have not gained a big amount back yet! On the plus side, I feel stronger today and i'm not aching as much. I am however, very hungry which isn't something I experience much these days and is pretty unpleasant. 

Calorie breakdown:

• Salmon sushi rolls 220 cals
  • Blueberry smoothie 230 cals

Total: 450 cals.

I thought the sushi was a little less cals than it actually was, so I went over my limit D: Annoying but I'm hoping an extra 50 cals won't do too much damage.

Also, I finally am going to start my egg mono tomorrow! The link is here for those interested but i'll still be doing a brief summary of refeeding in this thread :)

• kissmyabs, ch0bz and D3M0N like this

#16 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 May 2021 - 08:52 AM

Day ten (three days post fast)

May 5th, 2021.

Weight: 177 lbs (-0.2)

I am honestly really surprised I haven't gained at least a pound back since breaking this fast. Don't think I've ever had a fast where I just kept losing weight afterwards, I usually always regain about 2 pounds in water weight, lose it again then plateau for a little bit. i'm obviously happy that it hasn't happened that way, but just a little bit confused to be honest.

I guess it's probably a little weird to people that I continue to update after the fast is over, but for me that's always the most difficult and important part. It's been really easy for me to just binge in the past a couple of days after any fast i've done and unless i maintain the same level of vigilance I have while doing the actual fast, it will never end well. 

Calorie breakdown:

• 4 boiled eggs (320)

Total: 320 cals.

• ch0bz and D3M0N like this

#17 D3M0N

D3M0N

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:21 PM

I guess it's probably a little weird to people that I continue to update after the fast is over, but for me that's always the most difficult and important part. It's been really easy for me to just binge in the past a couple of days after any fast i've done and unless i maintain the same level of vigilance I have while doing the actual fast, it will never end well

I actually really like reading your post fast updates, it makes sense and I can totally relate to after the fast being the most important but also most challenging part. You’re doing very well and it’s super cool that you haven’t gained at all since breaking your fast. My guess is that it’s partially because you were very well hydrated while fasting? Just a hypothesis of course, I always gain a bit after a fast but I’ve come to peace with it
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#18 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:30 PM

Day eleven (four days post fast)

May 6th, 2021.

Weight: 177.4 lbs (+0.4)

I kind of knew I gained a little this morning as soon as I woke up, I could just feel it. My hydration has been slipping a bit since I started eating again and I suspect that is the culprit. Still, 0.4 is certainly nothing to get upset over and i'm very happy i'm just sticking in that 177 region at the minute. My biggest fear was seeing my weight go above 180 again and i'm overjoyed that didn't happen!

My energy levels are finally coming back to what they were before I fasted. I think I forgot to mention this, but i've been feeling super weak and tired the past few days. Everything ached and I would get super out of breath and tired from doing basically nothing. I didn't have that today thankfully, I'm feeling a lot stronger now. 

Calorie breakdown:

• 4 eggs, scrambled (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

Total: 340 cals.

• D3M0N likes this

#19 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:50 PM

I actually really like reading your post fast updates, it makes sense and I can totally relate to after the fast being the most important but also most challenging part. You’re doing very well and it’s super cool that you haven’t gained at all since breaking your fast. My guess is that it’s partially because you were very well hydrated while fasting? Just a hypothesis of course, I always gain a bit after a fast but I’ve come to peace with it

Thank you so much!! Yeah I was drinking water a LOT during this fast, more than I ever have before. I'm kind of struggling to keep that level of hydration up now that it's over. 

#20 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2021 - 07:50 PM

Day twelve (five days post fast)

May 7th, 2021.

Weight: 177.6 lbs (+0.2)

Gonna keep this one brief because it's 2am and I am very tired, but I guess i've hit the plateauing / having no BMs stage of post fast life. I feel pretty bloated at the minute, even first thing when I wake up. It's not bothering me though weirdly; probably because the increases in weight are pretty small and i've kinda grown to trust the process at this point. 

Calorie breakdown:

• 4 eggs, omelette (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

Total: 340 cals.

• kissmyabs and D3M0N like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5 day fast, high bmi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users