Notifications not showing up? - Technical Support - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Notifications not showing up?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LoveyLovatic

LoveyLovatic

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:36 PM

I’ve literally gone a whole week without any notifications. Idk if this is bc there’s a problem or if I genuinely haven’t had any notifications. But that doesn’t make any sense bc I subscribed to a whole bunch of topics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • broken_butterfly_xx and Iliveadoublelifesorry like this

#2 Vodkashrine

Vodkashrine

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationMy bed.

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

Ya everyone's dealing with that it seems. Idk if you use Tapatalk but once it updated I stopped getting notifications and I know someone else reached out to the mods but I dunno when it'll be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • Abbey84 likes this
Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

#3 θαυματοποιός

θαυματοποιός

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2540 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:38 PM

It tends to be a common issue - and one of the many reasons I don't access MPA from my phone anymore. 
If you can, you can try to go on a browser and right click the notification center to open it in a new tab. 

winterbruises on EDC

#4 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13209 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:58 PM

If you can, you can try to go on a browser and right click the notification center to open it in a new tab. 

Yep, this is the thing you want to try, and see if you have notifications in the page that comes up !

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#5 broken_butterfly_xx

broken_butterfly_xx

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2004 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:30 PM

I’ve literally gone a whole week without any notifications. Idk if this is bc there’s a problem or if I genuinely haven’t had any notifications. But that doesn’t make any sense bc I subscribed to a whole bunch of topics??

Notifications doesn’t work for Tapatalk right now, it would seem. But as someone suggested you can log in from a computer to see your notifications.

tumblr_nm8x4cxAfc1tcykw8o1_500.gif

[ Broken_butterfly_xx is on EDC: https://eatingdisordercentral.com/user-16494.html ]

#6 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 13950 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

Yes, see my thread from 2018 which is when this first started: https://www.myproana...s-with-updates/

This is a known and ongoing issue and the workaround (to still see your notifications) is above. Notifications will work again off and on and there is nothing we can do at the moment to fix

As of July 1, 2018, you can primarily find me on:

eatingdisordercentral.com

If anyone has issues with anything related to EDC, please send me a PM here instead of creating a thread about any EDC issues on MPA. I am still here helping members and doing what I can, so let's be respectful of MPA and not spam the forums here with issues or complaints about EDC. Please PM me directly and I am happy to help. <3

~Namaste~

#7 LoveyLovatic

LoveyLovatic

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:06 PM

Dammit

#8 the purple butterfly

the purple butterfly

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationNarnia with my 3 foot cat and daughter who likes mcr

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:59 PM

I've been having the same exact issue for over a week with my notifications and I don't know what to do I've uninstalled the app remove the forms from the list logged out logged back in nothing's working and obviously if you quote me I won't get the notification so I don't know what to do

#9 Parrot

Parrot

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1131 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:54 PM

I'm getting numbers but when i click I just get rotating arrows that go on forever.

#10 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:59 PM

I'm getting numbers but when i click I just get rotating arrows that go on forever.

Mine works on the desktop site 90% of the time and 100% of the time on the mobile site. You might try switching over for just a second. I think that there should be a button to press in the far left hand corner that says "Use mobile version". Use the same button to switch back. :)
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#11 Iliveadoublelifesorry

Iliveadoublelifesorry

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationTrash Town USA ,Home Of Bullshit

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:30 PM

I'm on computer and I haven't gotten any notifications since March 30.

I have to go to the post just to view the reply,

Cw 136
Hw (that I know of) 152
Lw (that I low of ) 132
Gw 1 125
Gw 2 120
Ugw 115 for now
❤️🎈

weight loss rewards

130-Vegan Pizza

125- New boots

120- New bra and pantie

#12 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3078 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:21 PM

Yeah it sucks- really has made me step back from using my account. Very inefficient and makes the support systems ineffective if I don’t know when I’m getting responses.
I enjoy my privacy using my phone, and I’m not willing to switch to the website because even those notifications are fucked off.

I’ll continue to use mpa but my communications with the community are definitely way fucking down

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users