creative block for years please help me - Art - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

creative block for years please help me

art stress artist creative painter paint drawing depression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sic.sar

sic.sar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Location7th circle of Hell

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:17 AM

So it's been a long time since I've been on here, literally like a year I think and before that I had been gone for quite some time too but I think I've finally realized that being active in online forums is good for my mental health overall??

But anyways, this post is actually me begging for advice on how to deal with creative blockages, particularly in art. I feel like no matter if I've been depressed or super good I can't bring myself to paint or draw and it's been this way for years now. I think I've painted maybe five times in the past four years and when I was younger I used to create art all the time and it made me feel amazing. Lately I feel it may be lack of inspiration and just motivation in general. There always seems to be something else I need to do or I would just rather do nothing.

If you were so patient enough to read me whining up until this point and you would like to bless me with some inspiration, tips, knowledge, or just something nice to say, feel free to add to this I am desperate.

thanks love you

• aziraphaleandcrowley likes this

Sar

Current: 150

1st: 140

2nd:130

3rd: 120

4th: 110

Ultimate: ???

#2 aziraphaleandcrowley

aziraphaleandcrowley

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Locationwherever i am i'm probably crying

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

i've been struggling with a lot of the same things. i used to love writing so much. 

one recommendation that i've heard but haven't followed very well is just starting, even if you don't feel motivation to do it at first. you might relearn that excitement again while you're working! don't pressure yourself, go into it with an open mind. i don't know if any of that makes sense hehe

something you could do is make an art thread on the happy place! i'm sure sharing your art would be really fun, and might inspire others to share their own drawings, painting, or writing. i'd love to see yours, and i'd be the first to follow the thread! (i might even try to write some to share some of my own XD) 

hope you find your motivation in art and i wish you the best in everything!! 

(also can i friend you? you sound like a really nice chill person. and if you're starting an art thread i need to hear about it somehow XD) 

giphy.gif

#3 sic.sar

sic.sar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Location7th circle of Hell

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:35 PM

i've been struggling with a lot of the same things. i used to love writing so much. 

one recommendation that i've heard but haven't followed very well is just starting, even if you don't feel motivation to do it at first. you might relearn that excitement again while you're working! don't pressure yourself, go into it with an open mind. i don't know if any of that makes sense hehe

something you could do is make an art thread on the happy place! i'm sure sharing your art would be really fun, and might inspire others to share their own drawings, painting, or writing. i'd love to see yours, and i'd be the first to follow the thread! (i might even try to write some to share some of my own XD) 

hope you find your motivation in art and i wish you the best in everything!! 

(also can i friend you? you sound like a really nice chill person. and if you're starting an art thread i need to hear about it somehow XD) 

yes we can be friends any fan of gerard is a friend of mine we stan

• aziraphaleandcrowley likes this

Sar

Current: 150

1st: 140

2nd:130

3rd: 120

4th: 110

Ultimate: ???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, stress, artist, creative, painter, paint, drawing, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users