Eating wood...?! - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Eating wood...?!

anorexia wood nofood cellulose 0calorie no calories weird gross unhealthy dont try this

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 mynoxiousmind

mynoxiousmind

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Location~ fairyland ~

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:53 AM

Yes, I'm really thinking about eating wood, because.. Well, it consists of mostly cellulose, which is a sugar that can NOT be absorbed by our body, hence wood should have just little to no calories and it would fill you up. I know this is dangerous but I guess I'm psycho and a fool.

Please don't try this, but please comment if you've ever done this, thought about it or know about the possible risks...

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

- Lost in broken fairytales -

#2 Shifter

Shifter

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

Ridiculous
  • next2normal likes this
I don't want my stats to define me anymore.

#3 Guest_sadgrrl_*

Guest_sadgrrl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

Do you really want to risk getting a splinter on the inside of your body?
  • next2normal likes this

#4 PandorasDickBox

PandorasDickBox

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

Please dont

weight.png

#5 mynoxiousmind

mynoxiousmind

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Location~ fairyland ~

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

And if it would be like really soft wood and I'd chew enough?

sry guys for appearing so ridiculous. It's like a fantasy I have - finally finding something to eat without feeling guilty

- Lost in broken fairytales -

#6 cvpi

cvpi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4469 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

I'm so done.
  • next2normal likes this

5'4"
under 100lbs

i am one spicy meme

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#7 Guest_destiny_*

Guest_destiny_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

This is dangerous.

#8 next2normal

next2normal

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1997 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

For Christ's sake, just chug some water and call it a day. If our bodies digested wood nicely, we would probably already be eating it like everything else humans have anthropologically evolved to eat.

f3fc758a752a2a6f0b7d6170e113d6a0.jpg

#9 3ithne

3ithne

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

Wouldn't this be the same thing as eating paper? I've seen a documentary about pica and someone ended up with a lot of problems from eating paper. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe try whole linseeds? They can't be digested.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls;
the most massive characters are seared with scars.
-Kahlil Gibran

#10 Guest_Foxy!_*

Guest_Foxy!_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

people have tried eating cotton before

you don't lose weight from eating indigestible things

at the end of the day you're chewing on wood and cotton, and hoping it will fill you up...

#11 Guest_KawaiiWhaleX_*

Guest_KawaiiWhaleX_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:32 AM

*facepalm*

#12 musicalfailure

musicalfailure

Anorexia in the Key of B/P Major

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15429 posts
  • LocationAs far away from paradise as you can possibly be..

Umm...

what?

Love you mpa, thanks for everything ♡

#13 wall.flower

wall.flower

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationUK

I thought about it once, but didn't.

The only wood you can eat is cinnamon.

Wood risks:

splinters

if it can't be digested, what's going to happen to it?!

if it's good, why isn't it a craze?

• mynoxiousmind likes this

#14 Guest_TheBurningBirdgeBrigade_*

Guest_TheBurningBirdgeBrigade_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

I mean I'd say this is crazy, but if you put it into perspective its just as bad as some of the other things we're all doing to lose weight. But please don't eat wood hon.  I really can't see this going well at all. 

#15 loserbitch19

loserbitch19

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Don't why the hell would u do that
height: 5'7
💚Hw:131
💙Cw:104
❤️Lw:96
💖Gw: 94 (bmi 14.7)🎄
🎁 keto till christmas 🎁

#16 Dwindling_Girl

Dwindling_Girl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4305 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

Eating disorders make us want to do really weird things huh?

A splinter could pierce and in turn shred your bowels or stomach. You would start vomiting and pooping blood, have internal bleeding, and would likely either have portions of your bowel removed, have a colonoscopy bag, or die
  • JustLeaveMeAlone likes this

tumblr_mmyii8gf4C1qjnqapo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n2mpddWk2W1rg0g8s.gif

Height:
5'7"
Current weight:
120Lbs
Lowest weight:

85Lbs

:wub: Kind of in recovery? Maybe not so much :wub:

#17 Drunkard Way

Drunkard Way

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3076 posts
  • LocationIn Bed

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

GOD NO PLEASE YOU WILL START SPROUTING BRANCHES AND LEAVES!! but then I guess you could eat your own leaves which is cannibalism BUT WHO CARES EAT YOURSELF THAT'LL MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT.

but seriously don't eat the wood, have some lettuce if you feel that guilty for eating food.

Stay safe xxx

Atypical Anorexia

Height: 173cm

CW: 115llb

GW 110lb

weight.png

#18 Guest_gentoo_*

Guest_gentoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

I'm liking the increasingly bizzare thread topics

• Cymmetry, angel. and _junipero_ like this

#19 bitterness

bitterness

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOff in my own little world

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

Well... this is an embarrassing story, but please let me spare you some grief. Starting as a toddler, I had pica disorder and just ate tons of non edible things.

-waxy things were my primary goodies. so I'd munch on crayons and scented candles whenever I could find them. (Wasn't your typical coloring session when I was around... and I always pooped the whole rainbow.)

-sand. I just wanted to get the whole sand box into my tummy, for some bizarre reason...

-cardboard, toilet paper, any type of paper!!! I was always asking other children, "can I see your notebook...?" They would squeal and shove it in their backpack: "NO!! I remember what you did to it last time!!"

-cotton balls and q-tips. My mom says my first bathroom raid was age 5. "Ma, how come you keep some food in the bathroom, and the rest in the kitchen?" *Her face turning red as a beet...* "You're NOT supposed to eat those!!! what is with you, child?!"

-I also was a sucker for pencils, which are mostly wood. Thank goodness the lead is made out of graphite these days instead of actual lead... or I wouldn't be sitting here making this post and my poor ma would be an emotionally scarred widow short of one child... I also enjoyed twigs, tree bark, and various weeds that grew in that grew in sidewalk cracks (thankfully I never picked a poisonous one...) I always chewed my wood very thoroughly into a pulp, so I fortunately never punctured my intestinal lining. But the others are not fibbing: this very well could have happened.

-Ate sticks of gum by the pack. Eat, chew, swallow, repeat. I always wondered, Why does everyone chew it for so darn long? Just EAT the stuff, already... or I'll do it for you. :)

-Okay, warning. this one was the worst...matches. When my dad was drunk and left these laying around, I practically had a celebration. Always lit a few before I ate them. No need for a cake to put them on... just wait for them to cool and have some "barbequed" matches. (I'm shuddering thinking about this...)

Many trips to the ER because of intestinal blockages that caused severe pain, and also weeks going by with no bowel movements... please, from experience, I beg you NOT to do this!! This disorder gave me a rather hellish childhood, and I have no clue what possessed me to actually do it!! I don't eat ANY inedible substances anymore... because my body will surely quit if I do this ever again. And why do it, anyway... this stuff never tasted as good as ice cream or soda. I just COULD NOT stop doing it. I was like a druggie hopelessly addicted to...wood, paper, wax, matchbooks, and cotton...?

Here are a few more complications to consider:

-I once went to the ER with seizures after eating some colored printer paper with glitter in it... the dye had a toxic chemical in it and my body was very offended by it.

-Another time I was eating a clothes pin that was dyed purple and I started TURNING purple (like the girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who turned into a blueberry.) It didn't stop there... I started having heart palpitations, and my skin would pulsate with the purple color to the beat of my heart. I began to burn from head to toe like I was on fire. And no. You didn't read that wrong... my skin was PULSATING purple as the toxic dye circulated to my cells with each heart beat. Everyone in school called me an alien after that. I went to the ER and the doctor informed my mom that I was now allergic to all dyes and food coloring. No wonder...

-I've had several colonoscopies to find and remove blockages in my intestines, all of which caused extreme pain, nausea, and bloating.

So that all happened while I was a crazy pica child, shoveling in the weird substances like there was no tomorrow. But eventually, of course, I grew up and intellectually understood that I HAD to stop this. Years after I had matured a bit and moved on somewhat, I still suffered from yet another complication. My appendix ruptured and put me in the hospital for a week. The surgeon looked at my medical history and said, "I'm not surprised, to be honest. The appendix catches all the toxins in the body, and it ruptures due to infection. Usually we can remove it before it does... but you've gotten more than your typical childhood dose of toxins, young lady."

Lesson learned... well, I don't really need to say it, do I? Nah. You get my drift... :D

• mynoxiousmind and ShakeedaBonQuayQuay like this

#20 Guest_ddisordered_*

Guest_ddisordered_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

i would say this is a generally terrible idea, i used to eat bark as a kid and have developed a weird obsession in eating paper, you'd think it'd be something you can just stop but its strangely a compulsion. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anorexia, wood, nofood, cellulose, 0calorie, no calories, weird, gross, unhealthy, dont try this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users