peeling fingers? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

peeling fingers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 amitoughenough

amitoughenough

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:02 PM

Okay so last week my fingers started peeling? just on the palm side, not a crazy amount, and only my fingers... my hands aren’t particularly dry so I’m just confused lol

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas because it’s just weird

she/her | vague on purpose | mid-20s | short

- - - - - - 

tw for stats

Spoiler

#2 Guest_vulpeculas_*

Guest_vulpeculas_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:20 AM

I couldn't say outright whether there is a direct correlation between peeling and EDs/some kind of deficiency thereupon, but I do experience the same whenever things get rough and have wondered if the two are linked before... I hope someone around here has a better idea as to the specific cause and that it clears up quickly for you!

#3 amitoughenough

amitoughenough

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:31 AM

I couldn't say outright whether there is a direct correlation between peeling and EDs/some kind of deficiency thereupon, but I do experience the same whenever things get rough and have wondered if the two are linked before... I hope someone around here has a better idea as to the specific cause and that it clears up quickly for you!

I appreciate the response! I feel better knowing someone else has experienced it too lol. I’m not super concerned just puzzled

she/her | vague on purpose | mid-20s | short

- - - - - - 

tw for stats

Spoiler

#4 meandmyself

meandmyself

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4061 posts
  • LocationCamp idontwannaeat

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:08 PM

This just started happening to me too! I’m thinking maybe it’s my increased hand washing and hand sanitizer use since Covid

"Put on some lipstick and pull yourself together." - Elizabeth Taylor

tumblr_mg617rKWXD1s2p2w6o1_500.gif                      

19.2.gif

19.gif

tumblr_m26srkw8q81r0v9mwo1_500.gif

tumblr_mkwjtqskpu1s114mpo1_1280.jpg    tumblr_m86gp2Basd1r0apv4o1_r1_500.gif

#5 M1styfog

M1styfog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:56 AM

Once I had arfid when I was little and the same thing happened to me! I think there is probably a decrease in your skins durability when malnourished 

original.gif

She couldn't take it living with a heart that only wants to disappear

----------------------------------------------

CW: 123lbs

GW: 100

UGW: 95

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users