Beverly Hills Diet - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Beverly Hills Diet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:07 PM

So the Beverly Hills diet is an old school fad diet from the 80s. It has been said to be one of the most dangerous diets out there and medically unsafe.

Of course I had to try it.

I'm on week 5 out of 6 and gotta say it's my favorite diet of all time. I did keto and lost a ton, but it raised my cholesterol insanely high. Before that I did weight watchers which sorta worked but not really. I've restricted, fasted, purged, you name it.

The gist of bev hills is it's 6 weeks, only fruit the first week, still mostly fruits the next few weeks, starting to add more stuff back in progressively from week 2. It talks about combining rules and eating things in the right order, what to eat the day after something bad, etc.

I am at the end of week 5 and lost about 15 lbs and its the only diet I've done where I never went hungry and dont feel crazy. I'm eating way more calories than I usually do and my skin is the best it's ever been. I have so much energy and just feel fantastic. It's so nice to not have quantity restrictions like with most plans. If it's a pineapple day, you can have as much as you want. I'm still not eating as many calories as I "should" but it feels like a ton compared to how I was eating before. It also uses language around weight and fatness that has mostly fallen out of fashion and I personally love that. Might not appeal to everyone though.

So that's my review. The book is out of print but available cheap on Amazon if anyone wants to try it.

#2 Parisian_Chic

Parisian_Chic

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

So the Beverly Hills diet is an old school fad diet from the 80s. It has been said to be one of the most dangerous diets out there and medically unsafe.

Of course I had to try it.

This part made me laugh.

This sounds really interesting and I don't see how eating fruits can be bad for you. I'm curious so I'm going to check it out. Thank you.

• ChoadSmoker likes this

Spoiler

2082872dm4hcudj5f.gif

π’œπ“…π“‡Γ¨π“ˆ 𝓁𝒢 π“…π“π“Šπ’Ύπ‘’, 𝓁𝑒 π’·π‘’π’Άπ“Š π“‰π‘’π“‚π“…π“ˆ...

giphy.gif

#3 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:11 PM

It certainly doesn't give you enough protein and theres literally no fat at all the first week. But all the fruit is rich in vitamins and part of the diet is relearning how to eat simpler foods and really appreciate their tastes without salt. It's been really fun and I've lost weight without being hungry. I think it has a bad rap that it doesn't deserve and I do plan to keep eating this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users