Steroids for weight loss - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Steroids for weight loss

Exercise Weight loss Steroids Diet pills

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Milkandteeth

Milkandteeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:32 AM

I’ve been doing some research and I’ve come across Anavar and other steroids that are supposedly good for cutting.

Apparently the masculinisation aspect is also minimal but I don’t want to waste money or time on something like that when there might be cheaper and easier alternatives.

I’m already cutting calories, exercising everyday and taking diet pills but I want better results both for weight loss and muscle gain.

Has anyone tried anything like this and does anyone have any recommendations?

#2 nothingmuffin

nothingmuffin

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:07 PM

I’ve used anavar and I would say don’t bother. Unless you’re willing to take higher doses - which run a risk of permanent masculinisation - the effect is not that strong and not worth the side effects.
Stronger steroids are even more masculinising. I wouldn’t touch them personally.
My voice got deeper just from 10mg anavar

#3 Milkandteeth

Milkandteeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:09 AM

Thank you!

The more I’ve looked into it, the more I’ve come across experiences like yours and thankfully I haven’t waisted my money or time with anavar.

#4 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4795 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:50 PM

Depends on type of steroids- most tend to increase appetite and the most commonly prescribed types will lead to gaining weight around your waist and retaining a ton of water. Not a smart way to go.
H 5'7"
CW: 103lbs
LW: 72lbs
GW 2019: 95lbs
Ultimate: 88lbs

#5 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2191 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:04 PM

The reason for taking anabolic steroids during the cutting (weight loss) phase is to preserve muscle mass. When you eat too much and weight train, your body produces muscle. When you are losing weight, your body slowly gets rid of muscle. They like having big muscles so that's why they take it. To preserve muscle mass while losing weight and why they have a bulking (overeating) season in the winter and cutting (weight loss) season is in the summer of every year.

I'm on low dose clomid. 25mg every morning. It's a drug for men only... When a man's body needs estrogen, it creates testosterone because testosterone breaks down into estrogen. Testosterone production shuts down once there's enough estrogen. This med selectively blocks the estrogen receptor which makes the testosterone to continue coming out. :)
  • JohnThomas93 likes this
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#6 JohnThomas93

JohnThomas93

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:50 PM

The reason for taking anabolic steroids during the cutting (weight loss) phase is to preserve muscle mass. When you eat too much and weight train, your body produces muscle. When you are losing weight, your body slowly gets rid of muscle. They like having big muscles so that's why they take it. To preserve muscle mass while losing weight and why they have a bulking (overeating) season in the winter and cutting (weight loss) season is in the summer of every year.
I'm on low dose clomid. 25mg every morning. It's a drug for men only... When a man's body needs estrogen, it creates testosterone because testosterone breaks down into estrogen. Testosterone production shuts down once there's enough estrogen. This med selectively blocks the estrogen receptor which makes the testosterone to continue coming out. :)

Does that actually work? I mean, is it anecdotal or actually proven scientifically by measuring testosterone levels in a controlled experiment?
I've taken TONS of clomid for post cycle therapy but that was to stop estrogen buildup and for the artificial luteinizing hormone.
If it works I'm surprised that's not more popular than TRT
"Work hard in silence. Let your success make the noise"

#7 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2191 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:13 PM

Does that actually work? I mean, is it anecdotal or actually proven scientifically by measuring testosterone levels in a controlled experiment?
I've taken TONS of clomid for post cycle therapy but that was to stop estrogen buildup and for the artificial luteinizing hormone.
If it works I'm surprised that's not more popular than TRT

It's actually been scientifically studied. There are a couple of men who are officially prescribed it by their TRT doctors in a muscle building Facebook group that I'm in but I choose to use it without supervision.

I usually just link people to the Wikipedia article on Clomid when people ask me about it.

I've noticed a small increase in facial acne and I'm only able to personally tolerate 25mg. 50mg gives me hot flashes. I also take vitamin E as some studies show that it boosts Clomid's effects.

One downside is that it greatly boosts your sperm count but I'm not sexually active right now so I don't care. My thoughts are that more sperm could equal a hightened risk of an unwanted pregnancy.

In normal men, 50 mg/day clomifene for 8 months has been found to increase testosterone levels by around 870 ng/dL in younger men and by around 490 ng/dL in elderly men.[16] Estradiol levels increased by 62 pg/mL in younger men and by 40 pg/mL in elderly men.[16] These findings suggest that the progonadotropic effects of clomifene are stronger in younger men than in older men.[16] In men with hypogonadism, clomifene has been found to increase testosterone levels by 293 to 362 ng/dL and estradiol levels by 5.5 to 13 pg/mL.[16] In a large clinical study of men with low testosterone levels (<400 ng/dL), 25 mg/day clomifene increased testosterone levels from 309 ng/dL to 642 ng/dL after 3 months of therapy.[37] No significant changes in HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, fasting glucose, or prolactin levels were observed, although total cholesterol levels decreased significantly.[16][37]

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Clomifene
  • JohnThomas93 likes this
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Exercise, Weight loss, Steroids, Diet pills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users