Running on an injured foot? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Running on an injured foot?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drakes-girl

Drakes-girl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationLONDONNNN

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:05 PM

In March I injured my foot, the doctor said it was the mid part of my foot and that when that part gets badly injured it feels almost like it has broken, after being put on a moon boot and crutches I hated it.

I decided that the moon boot caused more pain to my hip ( I’m 5”3 and the height difference impacted my hip so much I’d get intense pain)
as I’m not one to just stay at home I decided to stop wearing the moon boot and walk on it when I felt like it was getting better, now here’s the issue! I really want to start very light jogging but I don’t know if I should? I get slight pain here and there if I walk too much (like 20/30k steps) but the issue I have at the moment is it feels very stiff? If I sit down for too long and I get up I walk with a stiff leg as if I’m almost limping until it warms up and I can move it properly?

I’m in the U.K. should I try and get physio for it or are there any exercises you’d recommend to strengthen it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 mindoficeandfire

mindoficeandfire

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:09 PM

Is it on the outside edge of your foot, about halfway between your toes and your ankle?

edit, I defo recommend a physio

• Drakes-girl likes this

#3 Drakes-girl

Drakes-girl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationLONDONNNN

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:48 PM

Is it on the outside edge of your foot, about halfway between your toes and your ankle?

edit, I defo recommend a physio

It is!! I was told to use a ball on the sole of my foot and roll it and there happens to be a clicking and it feels like something goes in and out (this doesn’t happen with my other foot)

And with that being said I’m going to try and get some physio for it!!!

#4 mindoficeandfire

mindoficeandfire

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:25 AM

It is!! I was told to use a ball on the sole of my foot and roll it and there happens to be a clicking and it feels like something goes in and out (this doesn’t happen with my other foot)

And with that being said I’m going to try and get some physio for it!!!

Obviously, I cannot palpate your foot or do any kind of assessment but it *might*be a peroneal tendon insertion injury. In which case physio and rest is the best option and by rest I mean not doing 20-30k steps. I'm not saying its easy of course but about 15months on mine still hurt enough to interrupt my running. I should of rested it. 

It could also be lots of different things of course, I'm just a stranger on the internet! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users