The Future of MPA - Page 109 - General Announcements - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Future of MPA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2178 replies to this topic

#2161 James Buchanan Barnes

James Buchanan Barnes

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWakanda

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:56 AM

Because I am really tired of having people, and now mods, come at me for saying the mods gave up for lack of a better term:

Also, who do you think will help “train” any new mods ahahahahahahaha

At a certain point, I think everyone need to take a step back and realize your expectations for mpa are a bit high.

Anyone that’s been a member since 2017 (or 2018, 2019, or even 2020) and is STILL here posting cannot realistically think or expect that anyone officially in charge has any sense of urgency to make things better around here.

If everyone here is willing to tolerate this dumpster fire, why make the extra effort to fix shit and be fully functional?

When people show me who they are, I believe them. Admin showed me in 2017 and the only reason I stayed was because of the community. I couldn’t just leave knowing what would happen (I mean I’m gone a week and look).

~Namaste~

As far as why has mpa been mod less?

I am spending all of my extra time these days focusing on EDC. I am trying to spend more time there because I am currently working to migrate the site to new software in order to go live with that by July 1. I also work full time and am involved in a lot of other random things that are currently taking up my weekends.

I haven’t “taken a break” from modding here as the moment I saw messages from members alerting me to drama here...I immediately came over.

But I am one person and I cannot be everywhere all the time. Bring all this drama to EDC and it won’t end with all this chaos. Just sayin.

Xiare is currently really busy with work (in a good way). Fluffy is working, in school, and has a 6 month old and is also helping me plan etc for EDC’s migration. Roo currently has things going on in her personal life.

MPA is so fkn broken these days, it’s making everything about being here as a mod and member damn near impossible for me and frustrating. So you can see why I feel a better use of my time is to improve EDC since I own it, pay for it, manage it, and have bigger plans for the site.

~Namaste~

My ideal body weight is Sebastian Stan on top of me.

tumblr_inline_ojwhlxCeLT1rthn9r_540.gif

THEY/THEM ~ Transmasculine ~ Biracial ~ Polyglot ~ Autistic ~ EDNOS ~ A Fucking Adult

#2162 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

There is a New Deputy Sheriff in Town

• Super Moderators
  • 12857 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:37 AM

Because I am really tired of having people, and now mods, come at me for saying the mods gave up for lack of a better term:

You literally said we had given up and we have not. Annea didn't say we are leaving she explained why we are busy and her own reasons for not being online as much. Yes I have personal issues going on but I am online as much as I can and I am not leaving.

#2163 James Buchanan Barnes

James Buchanan Barnes

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWakanda

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:41 AM

You literally said we had given up and we have not. Annea didn't say we are leaving she explained why we are busy and her own reasons for not being online as much. Yes I have personal issues going on but I am online as much as I can and I am not leaving.

But you can't deny that 99% of MPA's issues aren't gonna be fixed. I also never said any of the mods were leaving, and I never meant to make any mod feel some kind of way (all of this because of an apology post - smh). But we were in modless anarchy dealing with transphobia, fatphobia, and a VERY toxic user for 24 solid hours without any help. We, I, the users, have a right to feel abandoned and voice the fact we feel like y'all have done give up on us during that time.

Ain't no one mad at you for taking a break for mental health reasons. I get it. That wasn't what I was implying. But on a site THIS huge? Sorry, it needs significantly more moderation.

• coldthin likes this

THEY/THEM ~ Transmasculine ~ Biracial ~ Polyglot ~ Autistic ~ EDNOS ~ A Fucking Adult

#2164 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

• Super Moderators
  • 12857 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:47 AM

But you can't deny that 99% of MPA's issues aren't gonna be fixed. I also never said any of the mods were leaving, and I never meant to make any mod feel some kind of way (all of this because of an apology post - smh). But we were in modless anarchy dealing with transphobia, fatphobia, and a VERY toxic user for 24 solid hours without any help. We, I, the users, have a right to feel abandoned and voice the fact we feel like y'all have done give up on us during that time.

Ain't no one mad at you for taking a break for mental health reasons. I get it. That wasn't what I was implying. But on a site THIS huge? Sorry, it needs significantly more moderation.

I understand that, I've just caught up with that whole shitshow so I understand why you may have felt abandoned there. I wasn't aware no other mod was online for a period when I was taking a break. I'm sorry for that. I don't have any answers. My head hurts. I'm still hopeful vs will fix the problems.
  • coldthin and not_my_body like this

#2165 James Buchanan Barnes

James Buchanan Barnes

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWakanda

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:49 AM

I understand that, I've just caught up with that whole shitshow so I understand why you may have felt abandoned there. I wasn't aware no other mod was online for a period when I was taking a break. I'm sorry for that. I don't have any answers. My head hurts. I'm still hopeful vs will fix the problems.

Thank you. I had a feeling you might not have been caught up on that so I should have taken a step back and explained what happened/asked you to read up. I apologize for that, gonna be honest here, I haven't slept in days and I'm in a very piss poor mood. Not handling life very well. So I apologize. I just don't handle being called out very well when I know my reasonings and blah blah blah.

• coldthin and not_my_body like this

#2166 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

• Super Moderators
  • 12857 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:51 AM

Thank you. I had a feeling you might not have been caught up on that so I should have taken a step back and explained what happened/asked you to read up. I apologize for that, gonna be honest here, I haven't slept in days and I'm in a very piss poor mood. Not handling life very well. So I apologize. I just don't handle being called out very well when I know my reasonings and blah blah blah.

Same basically.. I wasn't trying to call you out BTW quite the opposite.. I felt called out.

#2167 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 14248 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:14 PM

Hi , I’m not sure how to message you (admin) another way but I would really REALLY appreciate your help. I use tapatalk usually but it hasn’t worked for 2 days for MPA . I am panicking as this is one of the last communities that’s holding me through.
My account is working on here on the browser but not Tapatalk. Can someone please helps me ?!

Tapatalk is a third party app, and I know recently it's given people some issues. It still works for me, so it's not that it doesn't work at all.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can do about Tapatalk. At least not now since it works for most people and I am pretty sure updating to the newest Tapatalk version wouldn't be supported here because this software is so old.

• Ԍraϲеfully Ӏnѕanе likes this

I'm splitting my time between MPA and EDC, and currently I'm easiest to reach on EDC especially because messaging there is private, functional and reliable. If you need my assistance with any issues or have an urgent need and haven't seen me around the forums, please reach out to me on EDC. I am also on discord @Anne#3800.

If you aren't already a member of EDC, then I hope you'll check it out as an alternate/backup and join us there: eatingdisordercentral.com

~Namaste~

Fuck VS

#2168 𝒩𝓎𝓇𝒾

𝒩𝓎𝓇𝒾

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5856 posts
  • Location⋆ ⁺₊ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ⁺₊ ⋆

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:42 PM

yesterday I asked for all of my previous personal threads to be deleted (accountabilities)

and they were all deleted within less than half an hour if I am not mistaken,

so

1) yes we do have mods here

and

2) yes they are doing their best even with these strange times that MPA is facing at the moment.

I havent asked for the MPA groceries thread to be deleted (yet), but if VS proceeds with not allowing our body-checks even if we are not naked and even if our face is not showing, I will take that thread down too because if they dont allow us to have something that all ED people around the world need, then there is no point having our groceries photos up - as possible target market, body checks are very important for all ED communities, because of many reasons, and its not plain vanity or things like that, is far more serious reasons but you cannot explain BDD and similar issues to people who have never experienced what BDD is and what BDD can be for a persons visual perception of self.

• rivversflowing likes this

Lunar   ENFJ   5' 8''

630166uijiyw0e44.gif

ℌ.𝔇.𝔚

#2169 𝒩𝓎𝓇𝒾

𝒩𝓎𝓇𝒾

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5856 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:47 PM

^^^

I am not sure if VS realises that they will end up with an empty forum if they dont allow people to have their own photos here.

what will they do with an empty forum?

and a dead investment?

its in our mutual benefit for us and for them to let us have our body checks.

but how can you explain these things to normies that dont know of ED situations? A person at work told me 4 days ago that my body is perfect, and I almost had a panic attack from their words, because to my brain my body is not as I want it to be and i dont see it as perfect, due to some lockdown weight-gain, 

how can you explain BDD to people? god bless this mess we are in says the song

edit: and I dont mean for them to let us keep the selfies forum, I can understand how that can be / become chaotic legally, I am talking about people being allowed to have their photos in their own accountabilities threads, that ANYWAY IS A PROTECTED FORUM THAT NEEDS AT LEAST 50 POSTS FOR SOMEONE TO SEE IT so is not that easy for non-members to have a glance at it.

• littlemagnolias and fiery like this

Lunar   ENFJ   5' 8''

630166uijiyw0e44.gif

ℌ.𝔇.𝔚

#2170 xiare

xiare

Swift Hand of Justice

• Super Moderators
  • 1745 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:18 PM

*record scratch*

VS never said no selfies would be allowed.

Selfies will be allowed with enhanced rules.

Basically it will be no underwear selfies allowed. You can fight me to the death on what constitutes as "underwear" right here and right now. But I'm only saying this casually and off the cuff with very little context. The rules will be more clear cut and will likely explain why.
  • EdNose, not_my_body, Existentialbread and 3 others like this
Most of the site rules
really only exist to
prevent mob violence

#2171 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Hydro Homie

• Accountability access
  • 6388 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the pantry and the fridge.

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:40 PM

*record scratch*

Basically it will be no underwear selfies allowed. You can fight me to the death on what constitutes as "underwear" right here and right now. But I'm only saying this casually and off the cuff with very little context. The rules will be more clear cut and will likely explain why.

I really hope they don't go so far as to ban underwear selfies. Like I 100% understand the need to ban nudity, but underwear? It's not nudity and not illegal. And it's near impossible to post a proper body check photo wearing lots of clothing!
  • Flying Pig, coldthin, Abbey84 and 2 others like this

I'm so uncomfortable with the skin I'm in.
The mirror's telling me that I'll never win.
It's so hard to know these days if anybody feels the same.
I'd give anything for some company.

~

I've been hearing people say they don't have any pain.
They've been finding every answer it's just me that's insane.
I've been battling it out with the demons within.
I'm so uncomfortable.

#2172 TheJunior

TheJunior

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3448 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:25 PM

いいえ、これはばかげていますこれはばかげています。。。がっかりだいよ。[No, this is ridiculous... I am disappointed.]

I have taken a break from the site and I am disappointed in this thread and my fellow members. At this point, I am welcome to the changes VS will bring, but I am tired of the drama and nonsensical fighting.

The old MPA is over, we need to either move or rebuild or both. We can't just sit around and complain. I am proud of the mods and how hard they are working. Right now, I have made my own safe space on MPA for over exercisers like myself and I invite anyone to join me. In regards to MPA, I hope this site will be up and running sooner than later. I may try to come on more frequently, but I am hesitant to be on this site when I am uncertain of the state that it is in. If it will be forever tainted by this turmoil, then I will not return. I can not have this toxicity in my life.

If you want to tell VS anything, let them know the longer this transition takes, and the more member hate that is cultivated, the more this site will fall apart. People will leave, and many will never return. Right now, it is a more toxic and unstable environment than it was as a 'pro-ana' website. Many here seek comfort from the ability to be open and accepted on here... right now, all I, and probably others, can see is this horrible thread.

I would really suggest locking this thread and trying to break this whole mess up. Perhaps make seperate, specified threads for rants, request, and suggestions. All of this panic and drama is overwhelming and probably more dangerous than the transition itself.

• Flying Pig, ᵒ ʷ ᵒ ᶜ ᵃ ᵗ, katzecat and 5 others like this

┌─── 。゚: *. .* :☆゚. ───┐

~All content sent from Hell~

LW : 96.2

HW : ~144

└─── 。゚: *..* :☆゚. ───┘

#2173 TheJunior

TheJunior

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3448 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:37 PM

I just... I can't even bear to read this thread. It is way out of line and gone off on so many tangents. If this was a normal thread, it would have been locked 50 pages ago.

I am not calling out any members specifically. I am disappointed by most everyone's actions and words on here. This is not the space anyone wants MPA to be. MPA is a better site than this and we are representing ourselves horridly to VS.

I seriously advocate for the locking of this thread and the creation of a formal update/suggestion thread. This is chaotic and damaging to anyone's mental health. 110 pages in and words are being twisted, misinterpreted, and over exaggerated until people become angry and make truly hurtful posts. I advocate to lock the thread not because I think we need censoring, but because I think the mental health of members on this site outweighs any personal grievances people have accumulated across this oversaturated thread.

• ×Lucyfer×, coldthin, hungryriotgrrrl and 4 others like this

┌─── 。゚: *. .* :☆゚. ───┐

~All content sent from Hell~

LW : 96.2

HW : ~144

└─── 。゚: *..* :☆゚. ───┘

#2174 𝒩𝓎𝓇𝒾

𝒩𝓎𝓇𝒾

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5856 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:25 AM

*record scratch*

hi lovely, I hope you are well xx

I am a bit confused by your post, as the 02.06.2021 it was annnounced in the MPA UPDATES thread that VS will not be allowing body checks and selfies in our accountabilites, and that the selfies forum is going, 

so are they allowing us or not allowing us body checks and selfies? There seems to be a bit of a confusion about this at the moment. Or maybe I dont understand because i am not a native speaker. From my understanding in the updates thread, was that they dont allow us body checks or selfies? Thank you xx

2-June.jpg

Lunar   ENFJ   5' 8''

630166uijiyw0e44.gif

ℌ.𝔇.𝔚

#2175 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:28 AM

that’s gross. so many people have shared a lot of things here. i mean sell people out if you want but idk. i’m staying here or finding somewhere else myproana 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Trash-August likes this

#2176 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:28 AM

that’s gross. so many people have shared a lot of things here. i mean sell people out if you want but idk. i’m staying here or finding somewhere else myproana 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ☆ d o l l h o u s e ☆ likes this

#2177 EdNose

EdNose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:53 AM

The changes might be for the better for most members... But for the underage who do not want to lie it is a sad thing. And as many are likely to lie these rules are a counterproductive thing indeed. It's not really the site owner who is to blame for that particular part - it's the laws.
Anyway - if someone is looking for a Pro Ana site - Proactive Pro Ana to be more precise - a much smaller community - for 18+ who identify as living with Ana as an ED of a restrictive type like EDNOSr, Orthorexia, Anorexia, C&S, and so on, and/or see Ana as a choice you are welcome to Project Shapeshift (and Ana's Underground Grotto). A site that are true to the ideas from 2001, the time the site was launched. https://project-shapeshift.net  . After you have signed up it might take from minutes up to at worse a day before the account will be open. Be sure to post an intro the first thing you do... 

I wish I had a good advice for those who are not 18... I hope the new management here will open a section  or a new site for them. A place with responsible mods. It is such a bad thing to take the site away from them. Or that some understanding, experienced! and responsible adult will start a new site for them! 

• witchbimbo likes this

tenor.gif?itemid=5659197

Also a member of Project Shapeshift & ​Ana's Underground Grotto
The Birthplace of ProACTIVE Pro-Ana:
Supporting Those With Restrictive ED's
since 2001 -- Sans Jugement
https://project-shapeshift.net 
I am also a member of Fading Obsessions and Eating Disorder Underground and some other sites

#2178 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 14248 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:31 PM

*record scratch*

Okay, but this isn’t what we were told originally.

Has VS said this in our thread? Because if so I missed it

~Namaste~
  • EdNose and coldthin like this

I'm splitting my time between MPA and EDC, and currently I'm easiest to reach on EDC especially because messaging there is private, functional and reliable. If you need my assistance with any issues or have an urgent need and haven't seen me around the forums, please reach out to me on EDC. I am also on discord @Anne#3800.

If you aren't already a member of EDC, then I hope you'll check it out as an alternate/backup and join us there: eatingdisordercentral.com

~Namaste~

Fuck VS

#2179 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

• Super Moderators
  • 12857 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:03 PM

I'm locking this thread now. It has served its purpose.
  • ×Lucyfer×, EdNose, coldthin and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users