The Future of MPA - Page 12 - General Announcements - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Future of MPA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2178 replies to this topic

#221 fxckyou

fxckyou

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:04 PM

What is ur deal???

She wants the tea, wdym

• plantbb likes this

#222 Jcoh

Jcoh

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:05 PM

god this site is toxic, honestly let it burn
  • hospitalmilk and caper_25 like this

#223 DistressedOrange

DistressedOrange

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4308 posts
  • LocationLaundering My Exit Bag

Yeah as if it's going to charity. Companies don't just invest in fixing sites out of the goodness of their hearts with 0 profit, especially not one like this.
  • skelliebelle, varioustoothpastes, kissmyabs and 19 others like this

Yet another accountability...

https://www.myproana...

5'2" 

Current weight: Body mass + Existential Dread 

tumblr 59c39c426d0f7cbd327bd5b0e9dee207 4d849bab 500
85836f38d63a2e26ab9133c57368e068
giphy (1)

Self centered hoe 

#224 something_of_an_aimless

something_of_an_aimless

MPA’s Granola Wizard

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2019 posts
  • LocationThe End of My Rope

2 MPA forums worth of melodrama in one thread. I really SHOULD have bought popcorn. 

I keep refreshing the feed and there are multiple posts each, 68 people are here just chilling. I literally got a call for a job interview and all I could think about was how I was missing the action. So many different conversations and so many confused people, it's all a mess 

• Yell_Heah, meowijauna, Ham// now Archivist @EDC and 6 others like this

~American | Hufflepuff | INFP | 9w1 | They/Them | Pisces~

~Be Concerned~

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stats/Diagnoses/Weight-Loss:

Spoiler

"Taking your own life. Interesting expression. Taking it from who? Once it's over, it's not you who'll miss it."

~Sherlock, BBC Sherlock Holmes

"A year from now you will wish you had started today." ~Karen Lamb

"I begin to assemble what weapons I can find, 'cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind."

~Migraine, twenty one pilots

"I was once told that the love I felt beating inside my chest was nothing more than my mind playing an unfair trick on my heart.

And like a pair of dice dancing along the uneven pavement, their fate, much like yours or mine, had already been decided." ~Find Me, Forest Blakk

"Of course I'll be here again, see you tomorrow, but it's the end of today,
End of my ways as a walking denial
My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case." ~Addict With a Pen, twenty one pilots

#225 plantbb

plantbb

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:06 PM

i can beat yall to the pm.

^widepeepohappy here was a mod, like me. 

actually she was our most active mod for over two years.

actually she voted in almost all the bans the rest of you are so mad about

also shes the one that tracked kiwifarms and lolcow to find those of you who were banned for doxxing there.

i can spill tea too lmao (;

imagine being this paranoid 

• fxckyou likes this

#226 lrlelaldl

lrlelaldl

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:06 PM

Heres a fucking thought, if (as you claimed) you're just giving away the site for free why the hell are you not giving it to the mods instead so this place can be managed correctly?
It's absolutely clear that there is profit in here somewhere, and that they'll do everything to make this more profitable for them after the transfer.

We all get that you've never given a shit about the people here, but this is on another level of bullshit admin.

• deadnettle, faeway, PrettyAbs and 41 others like this

#227 Ham// now Archivist @EDC

Ham// now Archivist @EDC

The Archivist (MPA’s official mermaid)

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20158 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:07 PM

I keep refreshing the feed and there are multiple posts each, 68 people are here just chilling. I literally got a call for a job interview and all I could think about was how I was missing the action. So many different conversations and so many confused people, it's all a mess 

Gurl, get that job!! these posts will be here for a few days you'll get caught up. 

• runningwithyou and little_bumblebee like this

​I swear its not by choice

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

#228 fxckyou

fxckyou

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Like a pancake

• Spamton G. Spamton and widepeepohappy like this

#229 widepeepohappy

widepeepohappy

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Locationtwitch chat

imagine being this paranoid 

nah its true. i was a previous mod there. my username was meela.

i left for a plethora of reasons. 

• misfit toy, plantbb and fxckyou like this

i really like kanye west

Y4bdPlE.gif

#230 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2434 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:08 PM

Or just plain fucking evil like Autism Speaks

Quiet hands.
  • Crispy Crumbly Frustration likes this
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#231 DistressedOrange

DistressedOrange

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4308 posts
  • LocationLaundering My Exit Bag

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:08 PM

What's actually going to happen is the charity thing will be vague, if mentioned at all, and then the company will say hahaha fuck you and take the ad revenue anyway. I feel so powerless. I honestly don't know how I'm going to spend my days now. This site has stopped me from suicide. It's convinced me to open my eyes in the morning because I gotta check my notifications, lmao. I like how fucked up you all are. I don't want it sanitised, I don't want it to become more public, I don't want anyone messing with my personal private little community. But we can't have nice things
  • skelliebelle, AndThen, Foxii_Fighter and 27 others like this

Yet another accountability...

https://www.myproana...

5'2" 

Current weight: Body mass + Existential Dread 

tumblr 59c39c426d0f7cbd327bd5b0e9dee207 4d849bab 500
85836f38d63a2e26ab9133c57368e068
giphy (1)

Self centered hoe 

#232 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:09 PM

Good evening.

I am gonna tell you the same thing I told you a few years ago, when you let one of the new ‘’tech guys’’ in 2018 post with your own account, meaning, you gave that person full access: due to the nature of MPA, there are a lot of semi naked photos of our users, and full naked photos of our users, we even have users bending their ass on camera, and etc, and etc, and now you are going to give the forum completely to a bunch of (most probably straight) guys we don’t know. This is so uncomfortable, almost pervy, because we don’t know who these people are.

I understand that you might be tired after all these years and you want to give up and get some rest and get away from all of these. But giving a very busy forum full of vulnerable people to a bunch of normies straight guys, my dude let me tell you this is fucking scary. We are not exactly myfitnesspal here as you know, we have some very disturbed and sensitive people logging on, from all around the world, eating disorders as you may know by now go hand in hand with lots of other conditions. You should have closed us down completely, than give the site to a bunch of straight normies god knows what else they are. Even worse, they might monitor our content to give it to ‘’research’’ units around the universities or ed clinics and we become their lab rats without even knowing about it.

But having a bunch of straight guys normies handling the sensitivity of the selfies forum and the before and after forum, this is so fucking creepy man. You shouldn’t have done that, if you closed MPA completely people would have gone either to Annea in EDC either to Anamaguchi in Pancakes and at least these are not normies creepy tech guys.

What to say, once again like in 2018 all over again, these sound so upsetting and worrying, you know that your decisions affect and effect so many people, but I don’t think you realise the extend of it, or the complications of it. And maybe you just don’t care you just want out, you could have closed it down my dear, it would have been safer for the users, not to have it at all, than have it and being at risk from pervs and lab rats

Your concerns ignore basic international privacy laws and assume that their people are exclusively cishet males looking for a thrill. Presently VS yields to the strictest user siding privacy laws, those being a toss up between California and the European Union. The idea that they sell user privacy out like that not only gets the site nuked but also fines them millions of dollars for such a violation. As for the premise that their employees are a bunch of sexual predators. I honestly don't know how to relieve you of that notion. None of the vs techs I've spoken to have discussed their sexuality or gender identities with me. But in accordance with those privacy laws anyone who has personally identifiable photos can message me or the vs admin account which will be introduced tomorrow and those photos will be removed with no concerns if that is your wish. Same can be expected with regards to any post with legally protected personal information.
  • Fvck., sasori, Scáthfuath and 3 others like this

PSA: If you have an issue with any warning received from a moderator, messaging the Admin to fight or argue against the warning is not an ideal way to resolve any issue. The moderator team is not new here and have been delegated the responsibility of warnings and moderation of MPA. If you wish to discuss your warning, please message the moderator who sent you the warning or the entire moderating team to open a dialog. 

-Admin

#233 langweilig

langweilig

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3244 posts
  • Locationdiet mountain dew baby new york city

then leave. no one is forcing u to be here. so get off the site. ur the one choosing to stay. so idk what ur on

• skelliebelle, Sholla, iced tea and 18 others like this

#234 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18339 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

It is interesting that someone private messaged me the following, I will not post their account ID for their protection:

Sent Today, 05:30 PM

This has been in the works for weeks now, and was supposed to be announced several days ago. I've seen screen shots of the conversations between him and the mods.

And yeah, it's a sell-out. The site takes in approximately $40,000 a year in ad revenue, and the guy who's Admin (I've had his phone number for years, and have actually seen him on Youtube, at a trade show once) just wants to cash out.

He's peddled MPA to this VS company, who owns scores of other web forums, and milks them for their ad revenue. Forms for people who own BMWs and other sorts of hobby sites. He's convinced them that they need to get into the "Wellness" game, and so he's buffing up the site to fit that model. So it's really just all about money. Like most things these days.

So yeah, no more "pro" content, no members under 18, purging the site of all sorts of existing content, and despite what you may have read, don't count on all the mods sticking around to help him or VS with any of this. Some may, but some have been fed up with his bullshit for years now and will be leaving. And the follks from VS will be calling the shots now. People with no prior intrest in EDs at all.

--------------------------------

Not sure if any of what was written is true or not, it is just what I received in my MPA mailbox.

• skelliebelle, TinyLostSoul, varioustoothpastes and 14 others like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#235 fxckyou

fxckyou

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

nah its true. i was a previous mod there. my username was meela.

i left for a plethora of reasons. 

Glowup

• widepeepohappy likes this

#236 Nyri

Nyri

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5186 posts
  • Location⋆ ⁺₊ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ⁺₊ ⋆

#237 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2382 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:10 PM

What's actually going to happen is the charity thing will be vague, if mentioned at all, and then the company will say hahaha fuck you and take the ad revenue anyway. I feel so powerless. I honestly don't know how I'm going to spend my days now. This site has stopped me from suicide. It's convinced me to open my eyes in the morning because I gotta check my notifications, lmao. I like how fucked up you all are. I don't want it sanitised, I don't want it to become more public, I don't want anyone messing with my personal private little community. But we can't have nice things

I 100% feel you on this...I'm the same. This site has given me life and motivation in my darkest times to just keep....going. Keep trying. The idea that it's going to be in the hands of a company that has NO experience with mental illness sufferers is terrifying. 

• seasnake, jpi332 and ana_gurll like this

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#238 Jcoh

Jcoh

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

then leave. no one is forcing u to be here. so get off the site. ur the one choosing to stay. so idk what ur on

Ur right, I’ll go to edtwt ✌️ I’ll watch this unfold tho

#239 something_of_an_aimless

something_of_an_aimless

MPA’s Granola Wizard

• Accountability access
  • 2019 posts
  • LocationThe End of My Rope

Gurl, get that job!! these posts will be here for a few days you'll get caught up. 

I'm going in for a face-to-face interview tomorrow! Phone interview actually went pretty well, though I was kinda half there and I'm already bad at phone calls. Buuuut the workplace just lost workers so they're really needing new ones, so I'm not too worried.

Also I'm absolutely excited to see how long this thread will get, I'm already seeing other threads being posted about this one so it's gonna be a hot topic for a while

• vattodovattodo, Ham// now Archivist @EDC, caper_25 and 1 other like this

~American | Hufflepuff | INFP | 9w1 | They/Them | Pisces~

~Be Concerned~

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stats/Diagnoses/Weight-Loss:

Spoiler

"Taking your own life. Interesting expression. Taking it from who? Once it's over, it's not you who'll miss it."

~Sherlock, BBC Sherlock Holmes

"A year from now you will wish you had started today." ~Karen Lamb

"I begin to assemble what weapons I can find, 'cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind."

~Migraine, twenty one pilots

"I was once told that the love I felt beating inside my chest was nothing more than my mind playing an unfair trick on my heart.

And like a pair of dice dancing along the uneven pavement, their fate, much like yours or mine, had already been decided." ~Find Me, Forest Blakk

"Of course I'll be here again, see you tomorrow, but it's the end of today,
End of my ways as a walking denial
My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case." ~Addict With a Pen, twenty one pilots

#240 widepeepohappy

widepeepohappy

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Locationtwitch chat

It is interesting that someone private messaged me the following, I will not post their account ID for their protection:

Sent Today, 05:30 PM

This has been in the works for weeks now, and was supposed to be announced several days ago. I've seen screen shots of the conversations between him and the mods.

And yeah, it's a sell-out. The site takes in approximately $40,000 a year in ad revenue, and the guy who's Admin (I've had his phone number for years, and have actually seen him on Youtube, at a trade show once) just wants to cash out.

He's peddled MPA to this VS company, who owns scores of other web forums, and milks them for their ad revenue. Forms for people who own BMWs and other sorts of hobby sites. He's convinced them that they need to get into the "Wellness" game, and so he's buffing up the site to fit that model. So it's really just all about money. Like most things these days.

So yeah, no more "pro" content, no members under 18, purging the site of all sorts of existing content, and despite what you may have read, don't count on all the mods sticking around to help him or VS with any of this. Some may, but some have been fed up with his bullshit for years now and will be leaving. And the follks from VS will be calling the shots now. People with no prior intrest in EDs at all.

And as you said, a "Wellness" site for people with EDs, that's named My Pro Ana ?

You just gotta laugh about that.

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

--------------------------------

Not sure if any of what was written is true or not, it is just what I received in my MPA mailbox.

mm ive heard the site does make a lot of money too, from multiple people.

anyone believing the whole donation thing.. stop. dont believe it lmao.

• varioustoothpastes, Cocoa and Cocaine, renge and 1 other like this

i really like kanye west

Y4bdPlE.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users