The Future of MPA - Page 14 - General Announcements - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Future of MPA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2178 replies to this topic

#261 nobody1233

nobody1233

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:24 PM

Does better security mean that the forums will be available only for registered members and not for literally random strangers on the internet?
  • atomickitty likes this

#262 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2382 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:26 PM

Does better security mean that the forums will be available only for registered members and not for literally random strangers on the internet?

Not necessarily. 

Take a look at a Vertical Scope forum -- veggieboards.com to get an idea of their functionality. 

Security just deals with the security of the user data from hackers and shit. The company's whole purpose is to drive traffic to the website. They WANT people to come. 

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#263 Perdoname Padre Lizzy

Perdoname Padre Lizzy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2180 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:28 PM

POPULAR

admin really thinks we’re all dumb haha “they’re donating all profits to charity guys!!! they’ll keep self harm threads! probably none of them will creep on your photos!!” gatekeep gaslight girlboss king!
  • skelliebelle, EternalLove, sylvie_sylphide and 52 others like this

*+:.lizzy.:+*
ht 51 // hw 124 // lw 102 // gw1 109 // gw2 102 // gw3 97 // ugw 93

cw 124 like a fucking idiot 123 122 121
i want blood, guts, and ~angel~ cake
im gonna puke it anyway
*+:.little lavender fawn.:+*

giphy.gif

checklist:
// called “pretty” ♡ // called “tiny” ♡ // called “petite” ♡ // called “frail” or “dainty” or “fragile” ♡ // called an ariana grande lookalike ♡ // called an irl anime girl ♡ // called ‘doll like’ ♡ // coworkers ask about my health ♡ // parents notice ♡ // friends/boyfriend notice ♡ // someone worries ♡ //

#264 Jcoh

Jcoh

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:29 PM

admin really thinks we’re all dumb haha “they’re donating all profits to charity guys!!! they’ll keep self harm threads! probably none of them will creep on your photos!!” gatekeep gaslight girlboss king!

Lmao this is the post xD
  • raehasissues likes this

#265 Quinnix

Quinnix

Mildly Inappropriate Whore

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3790 posts
  • LocationSuperhell

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:30 PM

POPULAR

Oh I am SO glad we are now in the same hands as the managers of veggieboards.com and mothering.com. Lovely. 

https://www.vertical...rticals/health/

"Yeah, lets put an EATING DISORDER FORUM in our wellness group" ---- said no one ever. 

Screen-Shot-2021-04-29-at-7-29-42-PM.png

• skelliebelle, Lilbitstrange, TinyLostSoul and 96 others like this

They/Them

original.gif

#266 Spamton

Spamton

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Locationlarge barrel

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:30 PM

I cannot wait to have my career ruined by a third-grade web design club. Is it possible for moderators to mass-delete a member's posts before a specific date? If it is, I would appreciate it very much if someone could delete all that I have posted before today. If it is an all-or-nothing choice, it is alright if you must delete my recent posts, as well.

• faeway, Frax, _zero_ and 7 others like this

wn8ZEZQ.gif

"WHAT DOESN'T KILL YA MAKES YOU THINNA" —Galia Grainger

INTP 5w4

#267 DistressedOrange

DistressedOrange

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3856 posts
  • LocationLaundering My Exit Bag

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:31 PM

If the only thing to change is more traffic, that alone is a tragedy. If this place becomes very popular of course there's no chance at all of certain forums remaining, of course there will be heavy censorship. Otherwise first TikTok will find it then the local YouTuber who rips off TikToks will make an #exposed video about us, then parents will find it and post all over Facebook even more all outraged, then there will be a news article and we'll get branded as Literally Encouraging Suicide. No, can't have that. Bad press. The increased traffic means everything must be squeaky clean and pro-recovery. It will be stifling and insufferable otherwise it will cause too much outrage. That's the only way.
  • TinyLostSoul, deadnettle, faeway and 26 others like this

Accountability NEW taste LOW IN CALORIES 

https://www.myproana...es-whoop-whoop/

157cm/5'2" aka short but with long legs, proportionally

Trying to stay out of IP

CW: 34-35kg (BMI 13.8-14.2)

LW: BMI 11.6

main qimg ccff807404625ee45ceed597e49d9bb9

tumblr o577clWumO1urz3l2o1 400

giphy

Salad

Spoiler

#268 Jcoh

Jcoh

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:31 PM

OH MY GOD can we start a meme thread on this please
  • TinyLostSoul, emperished, xiare and 3 others like this

#269 Sasha_Ascendant

Sasha_Ascendant

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1489 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:32 PM

What was the July 31, 2001 event?

AKA "The Great Purge"...

Alright, so what is being referred to was the ground shattering, planetary mass extinction level event that forever changed the entire face and dynamic of pro-ana Internet culture. It's the pro-ana moral equivalent of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. 

Explanation (sans metaphors): July 30th 2001 (actually, not 31st, my bad) is when service providers Yahoo, MSN, and AOL (along with tons more in the following months) at the behest of ANAD (i.e. think of them as proto-NADA, they were relevant then...but 100% irrelevant now) after months of PR campaigning and corporate and public media vilification of pro-Ana got all the then-major service providers to ban pro-ana. There were hundreds of pro-ana sites, pages, yahoo clubs, msn groups, ICQ groups, free forums, geocities pages, etc.

AKA "Black Summer"...

This is what started it at all.

Throughout August of 2001 especially, but in the months and years after all of these hordes of newly-homeless pro-ana exiles would form new groups, new pages, and get banned again. The major modern equivalent is how Discord makes ban sweeps of pro-Ana discord groups that would re-form every few weeks or couple of months, but times 100.

Ana was not "banned" prior to this in any way, shape, or form.

There are numerous archived web stories of the time, but this is one of the most famous from TIME Magazine:

https://web.archive....,169660,00.html

This is why Blue Dragon Fly, and the oldest of the old-school major forums were created and hosted on dedicated domains on commercial servers...pro-ana had been driven off, en mass, quashed and surpressed. This is why House of Sins and those few technically savvy enough to host their own server (often in their basement) under their own domain would help other pro-ana sites get set up with FTP/webserver accounts to put up their own page that wouldn't get banned.

This "event" prompted a sea change in how the pro-ana community viewed itself from an underground/alternative community, to a banned/suppressed/and morally verboten community.

We are three months from the 20th anniversary of this AnaPocalyptic event (god I feel old.... I need to find my Hammer Pants). In the years and decades since the online pro-ana community has almost completely consolidated into just a few places (again, down from hundreds and hundreds), and primarily, majorly, MPA. Thus, with this news about change coming to MPA, it does evoke (in me at least) reverberations of the last Great AnaPocalypse of 2001.

AnaPocalypse spurred a lot of innovation (by necessity) into what is widely considered the "golden age" of pro-ana sites of the early 2000s, so change can be good. But at the same time there is legitimate cause for worry. One can bet all of the militant anti-pro-ana folks will be celebrating and drinking champagne at this news, especially if the worst predications come true.

• Lilbitstrange, dégueulasse, PrettyAbs and 32 others like this

#270 Ham// now Archivist @EDC

Ham// now Archivist @EDC

The Archivist (MPA’s official mermaid)

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20158 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Admin thought he was selling a form full of teenage girls who would have no idea what was going on. 

Well, welcome to reality buddy

• cheapdate, meowijauna, Spamton G. Spamton and 5 others like this

​I swear its not by choice

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

#271 Nyri

Nyri

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4988 posts

these are blood money. they will always be, blood money.

its not even one full year since M.L.I.S.T.Y died, and so many other of our friends and members,

these people will be receiving blood money, and admin will receive blood money too.

• seasnake, Yell_Heah, Spamton G. Spamton and 5 others like this

250127vmofxv3biu.gif

#272 Ham// now Archivist @EDC

Ham// now Archivist @EDC

• Accountability access
  • 20158 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:33 PM

This is beautiful

• misfit toy, EdNose, Quinnix and 1 other like this

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

#273 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

I'll say one last thing for the evening. The goal is not to just make it some recovery dead zone. You won't be forbidden from talking about ED. Living with something is just as big as overcoming it. It would be insane otherwise. Putting the site on a new stabilized software inherently makes it more visible to google crawlers. That's just a fact of site hosting. Personal information can and will be removed on request. Same with photos. Things that would cause Google violations that could get the site axed will be behind a login wall at least and yes some stuff may be removed. Not arbitrarily, not based on some inane puritanical sensibility, based on the singular question "does this do more harm than good" that won't be up to one person.

Thank you
  • Sasha_Ascendant, EdNose and lissis like this

PSA: If you have an issue with any warning received from a moderator, messaging the Admin to fight or argue against the warning is not an ideal way to resolve any issue. The moderator team is not new here and have been delegated the responsibility of warnings and moderation of MPA. If you wish to discuss your warning, please message the moderator who sent you the warning or the entire moderating team to open a dialog. 

-Admin

#274 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9434 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

B9-E80-DA1-7-B69-42-FB-A94-B-D4-EFED1-EC
  • whatsername☆, Lilbitstrange, Sholla and 29 others like this
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

#275 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 14072 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

I cannot wait to have my career ruined by a third-grade web design club. Is it possible for moderators to mass-delete a member's posts before a specific date? If it is, I would appreciate it very much if someone could delete all that I have posted before today. If it is an all-or-nothing choice, it is alright if you must delete my recent posts, as well.

I can somewhat mass delete all your posts - I can do it to all the posts that show up in your content currently (only goes back 1 year). What periods of time do you want deleted?
  • faeway, EatingDisOrder of Nachos, Quinnix and 1 other like this

As of July 1, 2018, you can primarily find me on:

eatingdisordercentral.com

If anyone has issues with anything related to EDC, please send me a PM here instead of creating a thread about any EDC issues on MPA. I am still here helping members and doing what I can, so let's be respectful of MPA and not spam the forums here with issues or complaints about EDC. Please PM me directly and I am happy to help. <3

~Namaste~

#276 Perdoname Padre Lizzy

Perdoname Padre Lizzy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2180 posts
  • LocationSeattle

I wish I could offer you some peace of mind. I hope you find some solace in wherever you land. You’re totally right that this is fucked up and for profit and not in our best interests.

I wish you the best <3

thank you sm :’( whats ur edtwt? i haven’t used it in a while but well i guess i should branch out

also thank you to cunterfly and hamsandwich for making me laugh and also serving fax (the anarcho commie post is some shit i’d write if i had more than 2 functioning brain cells ✊🏼)

and also distressed orange and foxii for the very eloquent and important points. and again all the mods love u bb xx
  • Cunterfly likes this

im gonna puke it anyway

giphy.gif

checklist:
// called “pretty” ♡ // called “tiny” ♡ // called “petite” ♡ // called “frail” or “dainty” or “fragile” ♡ // called an ariana grande lookalike ♡ // called an irl anime girl ♡ // called ‘doll like’ ♡ // coworkers ask about my health ♡ // parents notice ♡ // friends/boyfriend notice ♡ // someone worries ♡ //

#277 Perdoname Padre Lizzy

Perdoname Padre Lizzy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2180 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:35 PM

IM WHEEZING LMFAO
this site doesnt usually make me laugh but this thread has me rolling ugh im gonna miss this community 😢
  • Quinnix likes this

im gonna puke it anyway

giphy.gif

checklist:

#278 DistressedOrange

DistressedOrange

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3856 posts
  • LocationLaundering My Exit Bag

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:36 PM

at this stage, Im not sure that admin even cares, for these things.
if he cared, he would have closed mpa down, so people go to annea in edc or annamaguchi in pancakes,
so as it seems its about money.

but these are blood money.

they will always be, blood money.

its not even one full year since M.L.I.S.T.Y died, and so many other of our friends and members,
these people will be receiving blood money, and admin will receive blood money too,

because as i said in page 8, this is not myfitnesspal, there are some very serious shit in our pages in MPA.

And this forum, should have never been given to normies

thats why it was better, if it was closed down, than given to normies, profit or not they still normies,

they will never understand.

It's always all about money. Nothing new. The big fish eats the little ones. This is absolutely like big food companies buying little companies and monopolising everything. Freedom of speech online won't be a thing anymore if just a few big tech companies own every website. It was nice while it lasted, but of course just like there's only 6 or so food manufacturers and we are provided with an illusion of choice, this didn't last and we shouldn't have expected it to. Sad.
  • ~ Finding Alice ~, AzulaOffHerRockers, jpi332 and 2 others like this

Accountability NEW taste LOW IN CALORIES 

https://www.myproana...es-whoop-whoop/

157cm/5'2" aka short but with long legs, proportionally

Trying to stay out of IP

CW: 34-35kg (BMI 13.8-14.2)

LW: BMI 11.6

main qimg ccff807404625ee45ceed597e49d9bb9

tumblr o577clWumO1urz3l2o1 400

giphy

Salad

Spoiler

#279 Ham// now Archivist @EDC

Ham// now Archivist @EDC

• Accountability access
  • 20158 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:36 PM

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo do we still get to call you Daddy??

• TinyLostSoul, Undina, xiare and 7 others like this

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

#280 beetle

beetle

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access