The Future of MPA - Page 3 - General Announcements - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Future of MPA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2178 replies to this topic

#41 *FluffypitsPatrick*

*FluffypitsPatrick*

Omniscient

• Super Moderators
  • 5980 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:22 PM

• AndThen, ~Goddess Annea~, misfit toy and 2 others like this

You can find me on EDC as Fluffypitspatrick(I will be responsive to messages on MPA or on Kik 82111093)

For instructions on how to save your threads as a pdf, please check the link below. This will save an offline version for you of anything that may potentially be deleted.

https://www.digitalt...bpage-as-a-pdf/

#42 Flying

Flying

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

Will it still be available through Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • A journey of unrest, pretty_perfect, littlemissfreakshow and 9 others like this

#43 Chocolate Hot Cross Bun

Chocolate Hot Cross Bun

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17767 posts
  • LocationThey/them

POPULAR

Notice how almost no one wants this, but it's happening anyway because the dude who owns it wants it to happen?

This is how decisions are made under capitalist power structures

The owners (who are a tiny percentage of the population) have all the power and the countless people affected by their decisions are either "consulted" and ignored or just not consulted at all and then told after the fact like this.

That feeling of powerlessness you have right now as something you depend on is taken away from you and put in the hands of a dodgy company?

That's how people in countries that underwent neoliberal transformations felt as both parties defunded or privatised public services to fatten the profits of the private sector because both parties were bought out by the rich. Those who have the money make the decisions, often directly against the interests of ordinary people.

Liberal democracy is a sham. A lie. What little democracy we have only exists every three or four years when we decide which politicians will serve private capital, and even that only applies to a thin layer of how our lives are run.

The vast majority of decisions that affect you are made undemocratically, by people with wealth and institutional power not answerable to you in any way.

I'm not saying "MPA being sold should make you an anarcho communist", but maybe it should

• AndThen, ☆PaisleySky☆, Morgan le Fou and 198 others like this

You're a culture of one, which is no less valid than a culture of one billion.

#44 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

do you not already get ads for unicef and protein bars and NEDA???

Answering you both. To the post you quoted, no, I don't and they don't. To this actual post. That's Google Adsense. It tracks your browser

PSA: If you have an issue with any warning received from a moderator, messaging the Admin to fight or argue against the warning is not an ideal way to resolve any issue. The moderator team is not new here and have been delegated the responsibility of warnings and moderation of MPA. If you wish to discuss your warning, please message the moderator who sent you the warning or the entire moderating team to open a dialog. 

-Admin

#45 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

There is a New Deputy Sheriff in Town

• Super Moderators
  • 12857 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

I'm sure everyone is feeling unsettled with this announcement but I just wanted to say that the moderating team will be working with you guys in this transition and will continue to support you. I hope it's not too stressful for community members.
  • MissIndependent, A journey of unrest, ~Goddess Annea~ and 19 others like this

#46 something_of_an_aimless

something_of_an_aimless

MPA’s Granola Wizard

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
  • LocationThe End of My Rope - (they/them)

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:25 PM

POPULAR

Seeing all of the mods (that I know of) active in one thread is weird. I am imagining the avengers theme playing. 

This feels like when your parents sit you down at dinner after fighting for a week and you think "oh, they're finally getting along!" and it turns out they're getting a divorce

• whatsername☆, skelliebelle, AndThen and 204 others like this

~American | Hufflepuff | INFP | 9w1 | They/Them | Pisces~

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stats/Diagnoses/Weight-Loss:

Spoiler

"Taking your own life. Interesting expression. Taking it from who? Once it's over, it's not you who'll miss it."

~Sherlock, BBC Sherlock Holmes

"I begin to assemble what weapons I can find, 'cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind."

~Migraine, twenty one pilots

"I was once told that the love I felt beating inside my chest was nothing more than my mind playing an unfair trick on my heart.

And like a pair of dice dancing along the uneven pavement, their fate, much like yours or mine, had already been decided." ~Find Me, Forest Blakk

"Of course I'll be here again, see you tomorrow, but it's the end of today,
End of my ways as a walking denial
My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case." ~Addict With a Pen, twenty one pilots

#47 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • 14299 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:25 PM

Oh come on, that was the entire point of ED forums in the first place, to give people like us a say and and a place to be ourselves, to be accepted, and to be left alone.

Just being sarcastic.  Of course that's the reason for MPA, and other sites that came before that.  Peers running the show, and making the decisions. 

But we simply can't have that sort of thing, you know ?

• seasnake, Frax, so_tired and 6 others like this

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#48 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:26 PM

yes. Current Tapatalk issues aside, it will still be available on the app
  • xiare, Iso, Cerina and 2 others like this

PSA: If you have an issue with any warning received from a moderator, messaging the Admin to fight or argue against the warning is not an ideal way to resolve any issue. The moderator team is not new here and have been delegated the responsibility of warnings and moderation of MPA. If you wish to discuss your warning, please message the moderator who sent you the warning or the entire moderating team to open a dialog. 

-Admin

#49 FilledWithAnxiety

FilledWithAnxiety

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEurope

I only joined MPA a little over a month ago and this makes me sad tbh because I really like this site the way it is...

• A journey of unrest, Fvck., BreeKlone and 41 others like this

I'm kinda filled with anxiety  :unsure:

Height: 173cm / 5ft8in

HW(2016): 89.6kg / 197lbs (BMI: 29.7)

LW(2018): 51kg / 114lbs (BMI: 17)

May 31st - CW: 57.6kg/127lbs (BMI: 19.25)

GW1: 61.4kg/BMI: 20.5

GW2: 59.9kg/BMI: 20

GW3: 58.5kg/BMI: 19.5

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

- Confucius

Weight loss accountability

#50 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

yes. Current Tapatalk issues aside, it will still be available on the app

-Admin

#51 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2796 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:27 PM

Will the site be getting a more friendly domain name change?
  • ☆PaisleySky☆, TinyLostSoul, Igorina and 14 others like this

SW: 340 • CW: 340 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#52 Hamsandwich

Hamsandwich

The Archivist (MPA’s official mermaid)

• Accountability access
  • 20159 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:27 PM

This feels like when your parents sit you down at dinner after fighting for a week and you think "oh, they're finally getting along!" and it turns out they're getting a divorce

completely accurate

• broseidon, seasnake, IA2SD is a Wendigo and 14 others like this

​I swear its not by choice

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

#53 seren-ade-dipity

seren-ade-dipity

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4771 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:28 PM

POPULAR

for some reason, admin's double posts are so ironic it's cracking me up

• FallenFromTheStars, whatsername☆, AndThen and 146 others like this

#54 StringlessContortionist

StringlessContortionist

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • 1369 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:28 PM

POPULAR

myantiana :lol:

• TinyLostSoul, Leba, Masked_Shrike and 100 others like this

0NsNJqE.gifIGuqg58.gifI9yRuyM.gif

#55 fxckyou

fxckyou

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:30 PM

POPULAR

Notice how almost no one wants this, but it's happening anyway because the dude who owns it wants it to happen?

The owners (who are a tiny percentage of the population) have all the power and the countless people affected by their decisions are either "consulted" and ignored or just not consulted at all and then told after the fact like this.

That feeling of powerlessness you have right now as something you depend on is taken away from you and put in the hands of a dodgy company?

That's how people in countries that underwent neoliberal transformations felt as both parties defunded or privatised public services to fatten the profits of the private sector because both parties were bought out by the rich. Those who have the money make the decisions, often directly against the interests of ordinary people.

Liberal democracy is a sham. A lie. What little democracy we have only exists every three or four years when we decide which politicians will serve private capital, and even that only applies to a thin layer of how our lives are run.

The vast majority of decisions that affect you are made undemocratically, by people with wealth and institutional power not answerable to you in any way.

I'm not saying "MPA being sold should make you an anarcho communist", but maybe it should

chloe.gif

• Leba, PrettyAbs, misfit toy and 67 others like this

#56 v!wvuv

v!wvuv

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1451 posts

myantiana :lol:

Or myprorecovery.

• Leba, Fvck., broseidon and 34 others like this

#57 composure

composure

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1410 posts

POPULAR

my profit ana

• skelliebelle, AndThen, Hush Little Baby and 142 others like this

#58 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

No
  • Scáthfuath, composure, not_my_body and 5 others like this

-Admin

#59 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:31 PM

No
  • FluffSkin likes this

-Admin

#60 Hamsandwich

Hamsandwich

The Archivist (MPA’s official mermaid)

• Accountability access
  • 20159 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:31 PM

POPULAR

I thought I quoted this and responded already but I don't see it and thread going very fast so just wanted to point out that admin isn't even part of our community. He bought us in 2016??? Or whenever that great debacle was, never fixed anything, then sold us to highest bidder. No one "in charge" is currently regularly very active on MPA. 

Which isn't a knock on our moderating team. They've been moderators for years and it's unrealistic to expect people to devote years and years to a website and remain active and dedicated without pay. People have lives. But, no one super active on MPA was behind this or giving any input on this. 

• whatsername☆, PrettyAbs, misfit toy and 53 others like this

​I swear its not by choice

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users