The Future of MPA - Page 96 - General Announcements - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

The Future of MPA

• Please log in to reply
1917 replies to this topic

#1901 MorbidFixation

MorbidFixation

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 PM

I'm very interested in what SS has to say but I hope individual users don't ruin things for the rest of us.
  • xiare, Detective L, not_my_body and 3 others like this

#1902 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3202 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Is that possibly why I can't post? I've in all the years I've been on never had this problem

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

#1903 *FluffypitsPatrick*

*FluffypitsPatrick*

Omniscient

• Super Moderators
  • 5972 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 01:20 AM

mpa used to have chat.
: (

I know, I was a chat member long before I started consistently posting anything in the forums. I would love for there to be a new chat but it doesn't seem like that's going to be happening.
  • Oki, xiare and Lunarien like this

You can find me on EDC as Fluffypitspatrick(I will be responsive to messages on MPA or on Kik 82111093)

For instructions on how to save your threads as a pdf, please check the link below. This will save an offline version for you of anything that may potentially be deleted.

https://www.digitalt...bpage-as-a-pdf/

#1904 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

There is a New Deputy Sheriff in Town

• Super Moderators
  • 12766 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted Today, 02:46 AM

Is that possibly why I can't post? I've in all the years I've been on never had this problem
Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Where are you having trouble posting?
  • xiare likes this
EwkD.png

#1905 _zero_

_zero_

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted Today, 03:29 AM

am i the only one whos kinda pissed at the 18+ rule? lets be honest almost everyone's just gonna lie about their age, and it's not like eds only affect those who are 18+. if so, what's going to happen to those of us who are under 18?

i'll quote you and hopefully everyone worried about the 18+ rule sees this somehow

bc i don't wanna get banned i'm saying everything from now it hypothetical and alleged 

i am not encouraging or endorsing lying about your age, however keep in mind no one can actually check your age. it's not like you show your birth certificate when signing up. 18+ is a good move legally because if vs says "we said 18+ everyone signed up as 18+ that means the responsibility is not on us". it's not done to "protect the youth" or anything and there won't be an interrogation when you sign up to confirm you are 18+. 

i also want to point out most social media you use daily is 13+, 16+, or 18+ and i'm pretty sure most of us didn't wait to turn 13 to make a facebook account. 

finally, i would like to suggest to never give out your real birthday on any website ever, not the correct day, month, or year simply because if your mpa account is something private and you don't want anyone irl finding it, your birthday is a dead giveaway. 

• EdNose likes this

height ;; 5'7// age ;; 21

- - - - - - x - - - - - -

sw ;; 136.7 lbs (this relapse)

hw ;; 148 lbs (2014)

cw ;; 112.45 lbs

lw ;; 111.4 lbs

gw ;; 110 lbs

ugw ;; 100 lbs 

cbmi ;;  17.6

lbmi ;; 17.6

ugbmi ;; 15.2

fq4ys1legbk41.jpg?width=640&height=457&c

#1906 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted Today, 08:36 AM

Now I imagine xiare asking SS to say hi on here, and they roll up in a ball and cry because they've read the last x pages and are re-considering their job choices. 

HI SS!

• xiare, Detective L, not_my_body and 4 others like this

#1907 iwtbh

iwtbh

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

Now I imagine xiare asking SS to say hi on here, and they roll up in a ball and cry because they've read the last x pages and are re-considering their job choices. 

HI SS!

For real, for real :D 

Like it's okay System Support we don't bite~

*multiple shadows in the back bare their sharp teeth in scarily wide smiles* :D :D 

• xiare, Detective L, not_my_body and 3 others like this

78910880-446917119572873-582248587007762

#1908 aelinyu

aelinyu

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted Today, 08:56 AM

(I had accounts under different names) I know it’s not my place to demand anything, and I’m grateful for all the years I got to use this site. I think I’m ambivalent right now, maybe just a little bit sad because MPA as I knew it to be won’t exist anymore and nostalgia is a thing. But the little girl that I was who dependent on this forum - dark as it was because sometimes it felt like there was this gaping darkness inside of her, too - would have cried. Is there any way more info can be provided - just because MPA really is a safe space for a lot of people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Livingoffofair likes this

#1909 puppybreath

puppybreath

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Locationcrying in the bread aisle

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

how the hell is all of this happening before a double post glitch fix or a delete post button
  • sugarless💖💕 and night-garden like this

dcg4o7x-c23d96ed-a069-44ba-822a-4b0c1127

#1910 xiare

xiare

Swift Hand of Justice

• Super Moderators
  • 1493 posts

Posted Today, 04:02 PM

*multiple shadows in the back bare their sharp teeth in scarily wide smiles* :D :D

Tbh yes lol
Most of the site rules
really only exist to
prevent mob violence

#1911 xiare

xiare

Swift Hand of Justice

• Super Moderators
  • 1493 posts

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

how the hell is all of this happening before a double post glitch fix or a delete post button

I don't want to overpromise, because sometimes expectation does not meet reality. But they are expecting a big chunk of the glitches to be fixed in the next two months. I'll be providing updates like more solid dates, as things progress.
  • not_my_body and Lunarien like this
Most of the site rules
really only exist to
prevent mob violence

#1912 Idk:(

Idk:(

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted Today, 04:09 PM

Can they delete ur acc if you haven’t put an age?

#1913 xiare

xiare

Swift Hand of Justice

• Super Moderators
  • 1493 posts

Posted Today, 04:19 PM

We are in talks with VS about the Thinspo subforum. I don't yet know what will and won't change.

But what I can tell you for a certainty is it will not be a worst case scenario where you all wake up one day and that subforum and content just vanish.

I'm only conveying things we know for sure are staying. The rest is still in discussions.

Speculatively, I'm pretty optimistic. But also I'd be surprised if feeding tube bonespo stays. So I do think at least some things will be removed. It's looking pretty good for the Kpop threads, though.
Most of the site rules
really only exist to
prevent mob violence

#1914 xiare

xiare

Swift Hand of Justice

• Super Moderators
  • 1493 posts

Posted Today, 04:23 PM

Can they delete ur acc if you haven’t put an age?

My profile doesn't have an age, so they'd better not.
  • IntroxAna and Lunarien like this
Most of the site rules
really only exist to
prevent mob violence

#1915 Lunarien

Lunarien

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3169 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 PM

Tbh yes lol

:wub:

6784567.jpg

• xiare likes this

She / Her    5' 8''   |   ENFJ-T

630166uijiyw0e44.gif

#1916 Lunarien

Lunarien

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3169 posts

Posted Today, 05:26 PM

plot twist:

SS comes for an introductory,

and he drops his sun sign his rising his mars and his venus

7846589.jpg

• not_my_body, RedDeer and clueless¿ like this

630166uijiyw0e44.gif

#1917 myrpaonaa

myrpaonaa

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8827 posts

Posted Today, 05:58 PM

Haven't been on MPA in a few years. Coming back to this is just oof. Not really sure what to do from here. Delete everything? What does VerticalScope want with a site like this?

Not much of a point to this comment just hope everyone's alright. Stupid that this sort of thing would feel like such a gut punch and yet it's got me all dramatic. Props to mods for the support you're giving atm.
brinepools

:

reasons I can relate to a possum:

-tired & unkempt, smells weird

-emotions ranging from “displeased” to “existential scream”

-no work ethic

-lies around looking dead when overwhelmed

-will eat trash & live amongst trash if left to own devices

-sometimes you feel bad and feed it a sandwich

tumblr_n9b5pyRSQm1rwt6qvo2_400.jpg

#1918 Lunarien

Lunarien

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3169 posts

Posted Today, 06:47 PM

Haven't been on MPA in a few years. Coming back to this is just oof. Not really sure what to do from here. Delete everything? What does VerticalScope want with a site like this?

Not much of a point to this comment just hope everyone's alright. Stupid that this sort of thing would feel like such a gut punch and yet it's got me all dramatic. Props to mods for the support you're giving atm.

I remember you :)

I hope you are well. 

Yes, its been years since Ive seen you around :)

So far is not as bad with VS taking over from absent admin, because they said they are going to do something I wanted for years, they are going to make the forums here not visible to ''guests'' (people who dont have an account here) and this is good / better, because a lot of our forums if not most of them, so far have been open for guests to be viewing.

Like it is in EDC, in MPA from now naked photos are not going to be allowed (selfies of users), which is also good to be honest, at least the way I see it, it gives more protection to people who might not be realising that not all people who view their photos have good or pure intentions.

Thinspo will stay but with rules similar to EDC, no people below the age of 18 should be in the photos of thinspo (which is good, not to be exposing minor people without their permission) and the bonespo-IV-hospital will not be allowed, which i also think that is good because we have a lot of people here suffering from low weights and it must be very akward to them seeing their pain being ''admired'' but this is a philosophical conversation point is, not all is bad, we thought it would have been worse.

The mods said that our new admin SS (not relating to Gestapo, his username is System Support) has been helpful so far, so we are hoping for the best possible outcomes. 

We are not in a rush to ''go away'' some of us, we will wait to see how things are developing. 

From all the ED forums around the world, MPA is still the most active, and the biggest, and the busiest, with the most vibrant and multicultural community, and not only anglophones from USA or Canada. So we are hoping, that VS will listen to the community and to our mods, and things will transition smoothly.

• キラキラ likes this

630166uijiyw0e44.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

chaoswitch