It's MAAAAAAAAAY Accountability Check In! - Page 2 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

It's MAAAAAAAAAY Accountability Check In!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#21 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 03:23 PM

@Sweetdaisy: those 'whoops' episodes never really set us back like we think, though. It's more mental than anything. You simply gave your metabolism a boost for all that activity that you do. 

• sweetdaisy likes this

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#22 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:20 PM

Thanks @Thaisa. Just feel a bit gutted as not a good start to the week but hey ho... Onwards and upwards as they say.

Tomorrow is another day and I'll go back to eating sensibly, plus I'll do a short 4 mile run in the evening whilst the children are in sports practice.
  • Thaisa likes this

#23 Mrs rabbit41

Mrs rabbit41

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1960 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:42 AM

Hello everyone, very long time lurker and poster. I need to get 3 kilos off this month if I can. I’d be very happy with that.

Another 2 the month after.
Good luck and love to you all
  • thinstrument, Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this

#24 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:10 AM

So in april i lost 2 pounds.  Already in May i have lost 1.5 pounds.  Here's hoping.

• thinstrument, Thaisa, sweetdaisy and 1 other like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#25 Mrs rabbit41

Mrs rabbit41

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1960 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:23 AM

Thanks @Thaisa. Just feel a bit gutted as not a good start to the week but hey ho... Onwards and upwards as they say.
Tomorrow is another day and I'll go back to eating sensibly, plus I'll do a short 4 mile run in the evening whilst the children are in sports practice.

Does exercise make you hungry? I’m terrible but I do better when I simply don’t exercise. When I add exercise into the mix I binge. Hats off to you exercising on a calorie deficit. It’s good someone is getting a work out here!
  • Chkinut and sweetdaisy like this

#26 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:31 AM

So in april i lost 2 pounds. Already in May i have lost 1.5 pounds. Here's hoping.

Good progress already and it's only the 4th May! Well done.
  • viofem likes this

#27 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:35 AM

Does exercise make you hungry? I’m terrible but I do better when I simply don’t exercise. When I add exercise into the mix I binge. Hats off to you exercising on a calorie deficit. It’s good someone is getting a work out here!

No I don't luckily, for me it usually spurs me on knowing I've created a deficit and am a lot less likely to overeat. If anything, it suppresses my appetite.

When I don't do much exercise is when I tend to go over my calorie goal, that's why I do something everyday to keep it in check.

Honestly, hats off to everyone who does really low restriction though. As I have no idea how you do it. I just don't think I could function at all with only 200/400 calories a day.
  • Chkinut and almostthinlizzy like this

#28 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Locationthe west coast girls are hip

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:59 PM

Don’t beat yourself up too much Sweetdaisy. Who here hasn’t done that? You’ll reset and begin again. You’re better than that Easter egg!

Down a pound this morning which made me feel better even though I don’t deserve it. Had a glass of wine with a friend last night but we worked it off late in the evening I guess. Wink wink. That was fun 🤩
  • Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this

Strength is what I've gained from the madness I've survived.

La conviction, me delivrer du mal.

5'2"

HW     188

LW      110 I think (25 years ago)

CW     144143 142  141 140 139 138 137 136 133

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#29 Mrs rabbit41

Mrs rabbit41

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1960 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:02 PM

No I don't luckily, for me it usually spurs me on knowing I've created a deficit and am a lot less likely to overeat. If anything, it suppresses my appetite.
When I don't do much exercise is when I tend to go over my calorie goal, that's why I do something everyday to keep it in check.
Honestly, hats off to everyone who does really low restriction though. As I have no idea how you do it. I just don't think I could function at all with only 200/400 calories a day.

Low restriction I wish!!! My intake is about 1200 to 1500. I’m just so old and tired from dieting. I used to be underweight, but I can’t seem to function, take care of everyone and work a job and lose weight anymore. I find it so hard and depressing. My weight and cals are on my mind all day long. It’s like a buzzin my head that never goes away. I know people look at me and think oh she gained weight.

I hate myself. But I do love my family and doggos though. In many ways it’s good be me in my 40s and have other people to love and care for beside myself and my draining obsession with my weight
  • Thaisa, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

#30 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:49 PM

Same for exercise and me; if I'm doing anything active I can push the hunger pangs aside and forge on usually. And when I'm done the hunger has passed and I can focus on something else. I'd rather feel the hunger over feeling full if I'm being honest. It's a trigger. My fear is eating 1200 cals and then weighing in having gained everything back in one day. Oddly, if I'm feeling full, I tend to want to eat more. Like last night, I wasn't hungry at all but after we walked the dogs at the beach I thought I might be so I made myself a cup of coffee which filled me up and kept me warm but then 10 pm rolls around and I dive into the cut fruit bowl and eat all the grapes! WHYYYY??? I wasn't hungry and it was 10 pm! There must be some strange psychological explanation for that. Then this morning I weigh in .4 higher. WTF. Today is supposed to be 600 cals but strongly considering 400 which will be easy, I have to pack for my flight tonight and then I only have to make hubs lunch and I'm free. I can fake eat lunch too. 

I don't like that I can't weigh in until Saturday now but I like that I have the opportunity to restrict hard and have a nice surprise when I return home from picking up daughter from school. It's a challenge for me.

• Chkinut, Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this

5'2"

HW     188

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#31 skinebtch

skinebtch

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationFar far away......

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:51 PM

Unfortunately I’ve not had a good week. I’ve been eating well over what my personal daily allowance is and feel like a buffalo. So today in starting to get my shit together. I feel like I’m getting a cold so that may help with appetite. My May check in isn’t a good start. I’m going to try to check in more.
  • Thaisa, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

#32 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 03:57 PM

Weighed in at 119 lbs (8 stone 7 lbs) this morning.  Happy with this as I've burnt off half the Easter egg I ate and then some! 

Did a 5 mile run yesterday evening whilst children were at sports practice, 1.3 mile walk lunchtime today and a 5 mile run this evening, whilst at running club.  Planning a hilly run tomorrow, so should burn in excess of 1,000 calories tomorrow.

Still managing a deficit each day through exercise and this is what I need to do to keep my weight down.

• Thaisa and almostthinlizzy like this

#33 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:24 PM

Not much new here. I am basically maintaining. Was 121 this morning. Today I had my cholesterol checked again so that I can talk to the doc about getting on statins. 

My husband and I are planning lots of home improvement projects for the summer. I married a really great guy who would do anything for me. Sometimes I feel so good about that (and other things I am blessed with/by) that I don't care that much about my body not doing what I want it to do weight wise. I still want to lose 5 lbs! I just don't feel that anxious right now about when exactly it happens. 

• Chkinut, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#34 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:05 AM

Weight has been up a pound for the last 2 days so that's annoying. I came home and b/p after work today I think because I'm just so stressed and tired and just wanted to watch tv (which I rarely do anymore) but watching tv is linked to binging in my brain and so I literally cannot just do that without the binge part. Purged probably most of it but I'm not the most thorough with it. It's so frustrating. I wish that binging wasn't a regular recurring part of my being.

Work is kicking my ass. Full-time is just too many hours for me. I'm struggling, alot.

In other news, I'm sticking with my May goal of absolutely no spending outside of basic bills (rent, electric, internet, public transpo card) and no food spending (just using up what I have on hand) and also of listing 1 possession for sale each night after work but it's hard to get the pictures done, the listing and the packaging. I'm just so tired. I'm getting it done though.

• viofem, Chkinut, Thaisa and 2 others like this
Spoiler

#35 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:04 AM

i lost another pound. I don't get it at all. my eating is the same.  i am happy but confused. I weigh 124.5.  My next goal weight is 119.  It will put me under 25 BMI.  Then 110, 100, 95.  I would like to weigh 88 but my body doesnt feel good anymore then.  My natural weight is 120 and then 110 is ok, below is hard to maintain. Bur I can.

• Thaisa, branlew, sweetdaisy and 1 other like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#36 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:50 AM

Traveling and not weighing this morning. GRRR. I don't like that my routine is different but I like that I'm here to pick up my daughter so as my therapist would say, look at the opportunity instead of what I have to give up. Or words to that effect. I did see a scale in the gym that's on the floor I'm on but I have a regimen when I weigh and I'm not sure I can do that in public, plus I weigh without clothes and I def can't do that in there LOL. I do want to go in there and get a yoga mat so.....?  It's so hot here compared to where I live and in my off little ED brain that means I'll weigh more. I know, it doesn't make sense that I feel thinner in the cold and heavier in the heat but I do.

800 cal day. I'm not sure I can do that either. {eye rolling}

PS @Branlew, be safe, be careful 

• Thaisa, branlew and sweetdaisy like this

5'2"

HW     188

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#37 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:38 AM

@Viofem, maybe your metabolism is picking up? I know you said it was slow. Your steady losses are super inspiring!

• viofem and sweetdaisy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

#38 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2835 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:28 PM

Been super hungry this week ugh
  • Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#39 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:51 PM

I keep eating like a linebacker. It's nutritious stuff (salads, nuts, avocados etc. but geez). The scale at my mom's house said 119.1 this morning but I think her scale is different than the one at home. Ran 16 miles today and the weather was beautiful. Apart from the run today I have not been doing a whole lot. I'd like to start a new routine for summer where I get my fitness in first thing in the morning, instead of sitting around in my bathrobe until noon. New seasons feel like a good time to reassess habits . 

• viofem, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

#40 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:49 AM

Day 2 no weighing GAAAHHH!!! I will survive..... right?? SMH

@Thaisa, we had the same day eating -wise but I didn't run any 16 miles! Hells bells.

I got my yoga in and walked the campus with my daughter to get an acai bowl which then made me so full but anxious over trying to figure out how many calories there were in it. My daughter saw me looking it up on my phone and told me to chill, that it's pretty low calorie. She works there so I suppose she'd know. Then we went to dinner with her friends and all my resolve went away. I hit the 800 cals pretty fucking hard. I just wanted to have a nice time and a nice meal. Haven't eaten like that for weeks. It was a brussel sprouts salad so it was rather healthy except for the bits of bacon on top. They'd forgotten the dressing so I was happy about that. The 2 glasses of wine didn't help but fuck it, I had fun. The miralax I'd taken before I left home that didn't work because I guess I hadn't been eating enough, finally kicked in so down to 200 cals today which will be easy on the 9 hour drive home and weigh in tomorrow. It'll be fine.....right? What can I possibly do in the car to burn some calories??

• Thaisa, branlew and sweetdaisy like this

5'2"

HW     188

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users