It's MAAAAAAAAAY Accountability Check In! - Page 3 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

It's MAAAAAAAAAY Accountability Check In!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#41 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:39 PM

Was 135.8 today so moving in the right direction. I feel less panicky when I'm under 135 so I'm getting there.

Put 4 listings on ebay today and photographed 3 more items. It's something anyway. I feel like the progress is so slow.

Some of the listing done earlier in the week are moving along well though. A toyset I thought was worth around $35 is bid to around $96 now and some stuffed toys I would have been happy to take $8 for is now up to a random $51! You just don't know what some things are worth to someone. My "minimum wage" making ass can't fathom dropping $50 on some manky old stuffed animals when that's a whole electricity bill but some people have more money than sense which benefits me so...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • thinstrument, Thaisa, sweetdaisy and 1 other like this
Spoiler

#42 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:47 AM

@branlew - Great progress following your weigh-in.

Also, it looks like you're doing well with your listings and hopefully you'll earn more money than you anticipated.

#43 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:45 AM

Weigh-in this morning and I'm a pound down at 118 lbs (8 stone 6 lbs), which looks like I'm maintaining around 118-120 lbs, but...this puts me at a BMI of 20.3 and I'm now thinking that I want to try and get to a BMI of 19, which will be 116 lbs (a loss of 2 lbs).

I have a deficit every single day and it's mostly due to exercising. I have adjusted my goal in MFP to 'maintaining' at 118 lbs and this gives me a daily calorie allowance of 1,659.  I think a BMI of 19 is do-able, but if I do decide to go for it, I'm going to try and get there slowly, so that I keep the weight off and don't let it creep back.  I also want to concentrate on continuing to tone my stomach.

I'm going away in two weeks' time for a short break of 4 days with my partner.  We have an event to attend for two days, plus staying with his friend for two nights.  I'm looking forward to it as due to Covid I've not been away from home since March 2020, but equally I'm also dreading it as I'll basically be eating out all the time, won't really feel in control of what I can eat and won't be able to properly log my food intake.

• thinstrument, Thaisa and almostthinlizzy like this

#44 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:29 AM

wat do

This week I was talking to a coworker who has hockey kids (they need to gain and she doesn't want to gain...welcome to motherhood.)  She mentioned her younger child's struggle to break 100 and I almost said "me too" and then my brain was all jk lol nvmd

Today's work - Costco run (done), vacuum house, cook 1 of the 2 meals we will eat this week, go for a long walk (maybe bike ride but it seems chilly.)  Also need a Target run to get 1 ingredient (cheese) that I could not buy at Costco (because I am NOT buying 5 lbs of cheese, cue panic)

Hope y'all have a great weekend

• sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#45 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Locationthe west coast girls are hip

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:17 PM

Managed to gain a fucking pound while gone. Really upset about that but I'm hopeful it was just because I spent 10 hours in the car yesterday. Stupid gummy bears had to come along on the ride too so I'm sure that didn't help. Walked almost 9K steps at work and I'll walk the dogs tonight and I'd really like to get on my mat for at least 30 min too. Had to make dinner which pissed me off because as I recall, I'm the one that worked a full shift today. I was supposed to have 400 cal limit and I'm sure I hit it with 8 gnocchi and sauce. I ate a small amount mostly for looks but it's sitting in my body like a rock. Tomorrow's festivities has me turned inside out - wine tasting and lunch but if I make smart choices I should be ok. 

Having my daughter home could derail me completely. She's not a big eater at all but she will recognize ED from a mile away so I have to be very careful in my words and my choices. I could use all the support I can get. 

• sweetdaisy likes this

Strength is what I've gained from the madness I've survived.

La conviction, me delivrer du mal.

5'2"

HW     188

LW      110 I think (25 years ago)

CW     144143 142  141 140 139 138 137 136 133

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#46 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 04:19 AM

Managed to gain a fucking pound while gone. Really upset about that but I'm hopeful it was just because I spent 10 hours in the car yesterday. Stupid gummy bears had to come along on the ride too so I'm sure that didn't help. 

Don't beat yourself up over this.  Considering you were away from home, different foods, long car journey with little opportunity to move about, a one pound gain is not the end of the world.  I'm sure it will be back off in no time! x

• Thaisa, ultrafit and almostthinlizzy like this

#47 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 09 May 2021 - 09:24 AM

got in a 6.25 mile walk yesterday.  Cooked a double batch of soup to eat this week.  Vacuumed house, 2 laundry loads, ran to Target for groceries for today's meal.  They rebranded the light ice cream I like and it now has 30 more calories per pint.  rip

• Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#48 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:50 PM

Thank you @sweetdaisy. Scale came back down this morning plus another half pound. If I can maintain through this day I’ll be happy.
Mother’s Day is always fraught with conflict for me but relying on therapy tools today hopefully.
Hope everyone has a great Mother’s Day if you’re a mum and just a great Sunday if you’re not. Xoxo
  • Thaisa and sweetdaisy like this

5'2"

HW     188

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#49 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:44 AM

They rebranded the light ice cream I like and it now has 30 more calories per pint. rip

I hate this because then the million old information entries is what shows up in your calorie counting app everytime.

Today I was 132.6. I moved the scale around a few times because that didn't seem accurate but kept getting it. Maybe I'm dehydrated?

It's been about a week since I started listing things on ebay and so the auctions are coming due. Everything so far has sold so that's a positive. It's not huge money but it's gone.

• thinstrument, Thaisa, sweetdaisy and 1 other like this
Spoiler

#50 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

@branlew, sounds like your sales are going really well. I sell stuff too online and I know that it's more work than people think. It's great to declutter though and have stuff go to people who will use it. 

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#51 almostthinlizzy

almostthinlizzy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 05:08 PM

No change this morning which is both good and bad. I indulged in wine more than anything else yesterday but did a good dog walk, yoga and a salt float so I'm sure that all helped. I just wish the scale would move already. 

I've decided to ease up on 2468 for a week or so. With daughter home it's really hard especially the 200 cal days. I'll restrict to 500-700 cals a day which worked so well in the beginning. I'd really like to ease up on the miralax too but baby steps. Is twice a week too much you think?

I have 5 lbs to reach that BMI so I'm no longer considered "overweight" so I need to get there in 2 weeks. It's a ridiculously slow crawl and I'm over the snails pace of it all.

• branlew and sweetdaisy like this

5'2"

HW     188

GW 1  130

GW 2  120

GW 3  110

UGW   100

#52 ButtonsAligned

ButtonsAligned

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:35 AM

This has been a tough time. I am dealing with extreme fatigue for unknown reasons. I have never felt this tired and it is impacting everything. As for accountability, it is harder to eat while I feel so tired. My appetite is gone. Tea and celery are my go to.

It's always a good time for tea.

Please visit my current art project gallery and feel free to leave comments .

depositphotos_83105252-stock-illustratio

#53 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:30 AM

123 this morning. Yuck. I feel like I am stalled or even back tracking. I know I go overboard with my portions. My problem is that I create a plan and then I never stick to it. I'm thinking of trying to track my calories for a bit but, damn, I would have to measure every single ingredient I use. If I could just meal skip a few times and get my stomach to shrink up, I think it the restriction would start to happen again more easily. 

tldr: I have no idea what my plan is so I guess I don't have one lol 

• viofem and sweetdaisy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#54 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 04:24 PM

I'm thinking of trying to track my calories for a bit but, damn, I would have to measure every single ingredient I use

I didn't start counting calories until March this year. Got to be honest, it's a real eye-opener. If you cook a lot of food from scratch then you do have to weigh, but some of the time it's a guess-timate, but I always count over, rather than under.

What I find is that the foods I thought were healthy/healthier tend to be a lot more calorific than I originally thought i.e. Two small Salmon fillets (around 180g) is 500 calories and I'd usually have that with salad or broccoli. Also, I was shocked to find that a medium Mango is almost 200 calories!

Sometimes I just think I'd rather eat 200 calories of crisps (potato chips) than Mango, but I know Mango is 'healthier' lol.
  • viofem, Thaisa and almostthinlizzy like this

#55 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:42 AM

After you count for awhile, you basically know every food and its calories.  Like I make ratatouille and I thought I didn't know the calorie count, but when I checked, I was spot on.I do weigh some food but not everything, like I don't weigh lettuce or peppers, but I do weigh all meat. If it comes already prepared, like say, cooked beets, I sometimes believe the calorie count, sometimes not.  I am really strict about my calories except for the almond milk I put in my coffee but it's nominal. I really want a latte sometimes but won't drink it because of the calories.  I have to be diligent because I eat 700 calories a day so not a lot of wriggle room. And I try to make my calories nutrient rich bc there are so few of them.  Still losing at a snail's pace, but losing. Soon I will be normal BMI.

• Thaisa, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#56 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:20 AM

Hats off to you for keeping to 700 calories a day. I'd never be able to do that, takes some doing and determination.
  • viofem likes this

#57 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, guys. Yeah I cook a lot, and make a lot of condiments/dressings/sauces. So I get frustrated easily with the thought of writing all the measurements down and doing calculations. The way I have lost before was basically making myself be hungry at least half the time. But sometimes I think that the older I get, the more I can't stand being hungry. I get hangry so easily and all my resolve goes out the window. 

Anyway I think I just need to experiment with some different tactics (cal counting being one of them) and try each thing for a week or two and see what the result is. 

• viofem and sweetdaisy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

#58 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:56 AM

I was 131.4 this morning. Again, pretty dehydrated.

They're driving us like mules at work and I'm just so exhausted. We've all been doing the work each of what should be multiple people for a few months so now people are just burned out. Then those people call out of their shifts which then the rest of us have to pick up their portion too. Everyday up at 8am and home at 8:30 over and over. I used to use a tracker and iirc it's something like walking 12 miles a day. I'm tired to my bones.

Came home yesterday and ate some scrambled egg substitute and a bowl of oatmeal because I can't be assed to make something that needs actual prep plus I haven't bought any groceries this month because of my no-buy vow. Then had a 10 minute power-cry and packed up the previous days ebay sales. Every item that leaves my apartment feel good. It's a (very slow) version of tidying.

• Thaisa, sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this
Spoiler

#59 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:39 PM

Maintained at 118 lbs (8 stone 6lbs) this morning.  I am quite surprised by this, as I've had a few days where I have gone over my calorie allowance and had some bloating from my period, but I'm happy with the number on the scale this morning.

I've entered a trail/mountain Ultra Marathon race (50k - 31 miles), taking place on 13th June.  Doesn't give me much time to train for it, but it looked an interesting race and I just thought 'why not?'.  Got to increase my weekly running distance and this generally means eating a little more, but hopefully with increased mileage, I'll burn off those extra calories.  I just need to focus on my nutrition and make sure that the calories I consume are the right ones.

• Thaisa and almostthinlizzy like this

#60 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:45 PM

@sweetdaisy, awesome about the race! I envy you your trail running. I would love to get into that, but I know that trail marathons will be harder than road marathons so I get intimidated. My next road marathon is the same day as your ultra btw!

• sweetdaisy and almostthinlizzy like this

Ortho athlete

40+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users