EDC or MPA2 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

EDC or MPA2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Coffin50

Coffin50

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:58 PM

Hi everyone!

So now with all these changes ahead of us I'm thinking of moving to another website. Do you have an experience with EDC or Pancake? Which is more active? Which one have more users of our age?

#2 Unsatisfaction85

Unsatisfaction85

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:58 PM

I’ve never used any I’m gonna have a look now

#3 an.obvious.secret

an.obvious.secret

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationLafayette, LA

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:12 AM

I've joined Pancake about two months after it started.  I love it there.

I was more active on under my old handle.  but I never felt welcomed.  everyone is very supportive at Pancake.  and if you want competitive, some of us are like that too.  it's a very respectful environment.

• VioletSkyy likes this
˜”*°• Links •°*”˜

˜”*°• Stats •°*”˜
Height: 5'6"  ♤  Hi W: 189.3 lbs [12/27/2017]  ♤  St W: 174.7 lbs [10/23/2019]  ♤  Lo W: 136.1 lbs [12/03/2020]

📅 Cu W: 146.2 lbs [04/19/2021]

˜”*°• Goals •°*”˜
GW1: 170.0 lbs [11/28/2019]  ♤  GW2: 160.0 lbs [01/16/2020]  ♤  GW3: 149.9 lbs [04/23/2020]  ♤  GW4: 139.9 lbs [06/04/2020]  ♤  GW5: 129.9 lbs  ♤  GW6: 124.9 lbs  ♤  GW7: 119.9 lbs

UGW: 115.0 lbs

giphy.gif

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

#4 VioletSkyy

VioletSkyy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1482 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:41 PM

Im the same user on MPA2 I dont remember my edc acct log. I was not in a good place when I made it haha

...::Change happens when the pain of change is less than the pain of remaining the same::...

...stats moved to profile...

UGW - who fucking knows?

Do it for yourself first.

#5 VioletSkyy

VioletSkyy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1482 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:42 PM

also as many of us have been through the pro-ana shut downs of past is this triggering anyone elses anxiety? my heart hurts....

...::Change happens when the pain of change is less than the pain of remaining the same::...

...stats moved to profile...

UGW - who fucking knows?

Do it for yourself first.

#6 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2186 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:46 PM

I'm going to see how things change on MPA before deciding on if I want to move to EDC.

also as many of us have been through the pro-ana shut downs of past is this triggering anyone elses anxiety? my heart hurts....

Yes, I had a bout of involuntary crying over the unknown changes to our site recently! :(
  • VioletSkyy likes this
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#7 EdNose

EdNose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:17 PM

No harm in being a member of several sites? I have been a member of Pancake and EDC since they started. I was a member of PrettyThinAgain until it closed down. Same with PostProAna (not erased, but fast asleep) and I am a member at Project Shapeshift and Ana´s Underground Grotto - a site that has been active since 2001. Adults, EDr and Ana by Choice. A rather small site, but special and friendly :)

BUT I can not see the reason for the panic here. The mods will be staying. We do not know for certain  what changes there will be. We know a little and that was actually not bad things at all. But I might have missed something. Now almost everything is open for all to read - who knows if your kids or parents or friends or enemies are reading what you post. Some has posted selfies! Now, from what I read in another tread, more parts of the site will be for members only. I think it would be better to do so with every sections/forums... As it is now, the majority of the ones who are looking at MPA are not members! 

I think it is a good idea to wait and see. 

EdNose

tenor.gif?itemid=5659197

Also a member of Project Shapeshift & ​Ana's Underground GrottoThe Birthplace of ProACTIVE Pro-Ana:
Supporting Those With Restrictive ED's
since 2001 -- Sans Jugement
https://project-shapeshift.net 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users