Old weight watchers 18 points a day. Does anyone remember? - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Old weight watchers 18 points a day. Does anyone remember?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mrs rabbit41

Mrs rabbit41

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1960 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:16 AM

Posting here as the young uns wouldn’t even know what I am talking about. Does anyone remember the old WW plan with 18 points a day (I was always on 18) but it depended on what weight you were at to start).

I regularly lost weight every week on that diet. I just went back to it last Thursday. OMG it is hard. It’s harder that my fitness pal as you can only eat low fat foods and all the fibre you need not to be hungry (free veg soup). Almost all veg is free and sugar free jelly is too but that’s about it, everything else has points.

Until recently I have done MyFitnessPal and all my foods were low cal but high in fat. This is way harder. Perhaps it’s why I lost weight on the diet. WW was food fat phobic back then. I dunno. I always have a theory if you can last one week on a diet it gets way easier then and you have a good chance of making it.

Hi and love to everyone here 💕💕💕💕

#2 Edinamonsoon

Edinamonsoon

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:52 AM

There have been so many plans so sorry I’m not sure which one you are specifically talking about.

But yes I lost regularly (of course it I wouldn’t be here if it hadn’t gone back on) I saved my points for food mostly except for 2 glasses or red wine per week but topped up with veg or salad so while I wasn’t necessarily eating what I wanted I wasn’t massively hungry. I objected to the cost and the changes of plans without any consultation!

I was on 26 points per day. All veg was free and a couple of other things like the jelly.

Now though I’m doing basic calorie counting (and trying to stick as low as possible) so a basic feta salad with coleslaw cost me 411 calories 90% of of that before would have been free and I’d had had loads of points to add a pudding or have a roll etc but calories alone make me feel I can’t hardly eat!

It’s my choice to do this though (fuelled by disordered thoughts)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users