2468 questions - 2468 Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

2468 questions

2468 diet restriction side effects results anorexia after

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nex_478

nex_478

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:47 AM

I searched this forum a couple of times and I still couldn't find full answeres to these questions so I would be really thankfull if anyone who completed the diet answered:
1. How long did you stick to this diet?
2. What side effects did you experience?
3. How weak did you feel near the end of it?(if you did this for more than 2 weeks) Could you do your daily tasks without struggles? daily tasks= going to school/work, hanging out with friends, cleaning the house etc.
4. Did your hair fall out a lot?
I am planning to do this diet for about 9 weeks so this is very important for me. It seems to not be so bad because of the 800 cal days but I still wanted to know if this diet won't make me loose 50% of my hair and be unable to go to school.

• sunspritz likes this

#2 sunspritz

sunspritz

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:35 AM

These are some of the things I wanna know too. I'm considering it but just need some more information from people who have done it.
  • nex_478 likes this
SW: 17st (238lb)
CW: 16st 7lb (231lb)
GW: 14st (196lb)
Weight I desire to lose: 2st 7lb (35lbs)
Height: 5'3 (roughly)

18F, UK
-god, I wish I was perfect-

#3 nex_478

nex_478

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:00 AM

These are some of the things I wanna know too. I'm considering it but just need some more information from people who have done it.

I actually started doing it this week. Isn't too bad, although I binged once and had an event yeasterday so I couldn't count. This diet isn't too bad if you are able to go thru the first two days, seriously.

• sunspritz likes this

#4 SheWantsLife

SheWantsLife

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:15 PM

I did this diet a couple years ago. I think I did it for about 6 to 8 weeks maybe before I switched to slightly higher calories for a couple months. I did lose weight on this, so that was cool. I felt weak sometimes, but those 600- and 800-calorie days felt like a feast lol. The worst was the 400-calorie day because I'd feel kind of weak after the 200-calorie day. They key for me was to plan out meals that were high volume but low calorie. Broth, tuna, chicken, eggs, green beans, bean sprouts, fat-free cottage cheese, spinach, lettuce, diced tomatoes...that sort of thing. Hey, who knew chicken broth, a can of bean sprouts, and a can of tuna could be a meal? Who knew you could heat up a 5.5-ounce can of V8 and call it a meal? Who knew pickles dipped in mustard could be a snack?

Anyway, I wanted to say something about the hair loss. Yes, my hair did thin somewhat. I didn't really notice it too much at the time, maybe because I was so focused on my weight going down and being happy about that. But I look at some pictures from that time period, and I can see it. It wasn't too bad, but I could see it in some pictures. Still worth it.

Over the years, my weight crept up and my hair is thicker than it has been in years. OK, so I like that, but I hate the fat on my body. So here we are again, I guess. This time, I'll make sure to take a multivitamin and biotin.

Height: 5'7"; Age: 52

CW: Too afraid to get on the scale again. Probably around 155 lb. Why? I allowed others to screw up my routines. Never again!

LW: 131.8 lb.

GW: 120 lb.

UGW: 110 lb.

After that, we'll see...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2468, diet, restriction, side effects, results, anorexia, after

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users