About to binge, should I or should I not - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

About to binge, should I or should I not

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:22 AM

Had a big fight with my SO, cannot get into details but I was reminded that I am an orphan, I lost both my parents and the fight reminds me of that.. I am doing a 15k steps a day schedule for 30 days... Today I tried but as I got to 3k I just couldn't breathe and crying and walking was very wierd in public as well..

I feel like I need to binge... Atleast one whole pizza... I just want to severely eat some food... Binge worthy food

Else I feel I'm going to die of a broken heart... I don't know... Please help

Keep Your Eyes on the Stars and Feet on the Ground...

Dream Big...

So to be never tied down...

#2 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2186 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:30 AM

I would advise to not do this binge that you are planning. I think that it might make you feel better in the moment but it's only going to make you feel worse afterwards. You definitely need to have a little something though. You're having trouble walking! Prepackaged, preportioned meals have by helping me to not overeat. Do you have anything like that on hand? A frozen meal or perhaps a bowl of fruit? Do you feel like you could try to do a day of high restriction? It sounds like you need to be extra-kind to yourself today.
  • skinny_racer, ForeverDieting and lexapro like this
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#3 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:38 AM

Thank you, but unfortunately I do not have any prepackaged meal at hand. I do have few strawberries but few=5 exactly...

I feel so alone and I need any reason possible to be a bit contempt with myself... I don't know how to explain... May be I can also go to sleep rn.. Don't know

I would advise to not do this binge that you are planning. I think that it might make you feel better in the moment but it's only going to make you feel worse afterwards. You definitely need to have a little something though. You're having trouble walking! Prepackaged, preportioned meals have by helping me to not overeat. Do you have anything like that on hand? A frozen meal or perhaps a bowl of fruit? Do you feel like you could try to do a day of high restriction? It sounds like you need to be extra-kind to yourself today.

Dream Big...

#4 Daniel4754

Daniel4754

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2186 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

Thank you, but unfortunately I do not have any prepackaged meal at hand. I do have few strawberries but few=5 exactly...

I feel so alone and I need any reason possible to be a bit contempt with myself... I don't know how to explain... May be I can also go to sleep rn.. Don't know

Sleep is an alright idea! When I'm feeling self-destructive, I'll often try to sleep through my negative moods and eat those strawberries. They're tasty! :)
SW: 347 • CW: 327 • GW: 190 • MyFitnessPal: Daniel8746

#5 LostSoulSociety

LostSoulSociety

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:55 PM

you can do it! resist the urge... you might feel worse after, not soothed at all... do you have anyone close you could talk/hang with to take your mind off these thoughts? venting usually helps me a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  • skinny_racer likes this

157cm - cw: 51 - gw1: 50 - gw2: 48 - ugw: 45

#6 beached_whale

beached_whale

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:08 PM

I hope I’m not too late, but... I promise you there is a 100% chance you will regret it if you do!

#7 fattea23

fattea23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:38 PM

I hope you are doing okay. 

:wub:  :wub:

sw:   235

gw1: 199

gw2: 175

gw3: 150

ugw: 110-125  ♡ 

:wub:  :wub:

#8 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

Well.. Thank you for replying guys... I did a mini binge that day... I had half of a pizza, guess somewhere around 500 to 600 calories above my daily limit... It helped..

But you all were right... I did feel awful after that. Took me 2 days to recover... But I have been eating above my limit every day since...

I hope I can stop by tomorrow... I want to get back to my workouts.. That always keeps me happy and healthy..

But my body took a big hit

Dream Big...

#9 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

Well.. Thank you for replying guys... I did a mini binge that day... I had half of a pizza, guess somewhere around 500 to 600 calories above my daily limit... It helped..

But you all were right... I did feel awful after that. Took me 2 days to recover... But I have been eating above my limit every day since...

I hope I can stop by tomorrow... I want to get back to my workouts.. That always keeps me happy and healthy..

Dream Big...

#10 LostSoulSociety

LostSoulSociety

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:04 AM

thank you for the update :) i hope you can get back to working out soon, if it’s what helps you relax! 

157cm - cw: 51 - gw1: 50 - gw2: 48 - ugw: 45

#11 cateverso

cateverso

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:19 AM

Eating half of the pizza instead of the whole is a victory :wub:

• skinny_racer and beached_whale like this

#12 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 01:25 AM

I'm back to my workouts... 15k steps. Done today. My feet feel very sore but I'm very relaxed and happy in my mind. I hope to continue this for next 3 months to get my body in best shape possible...
  • LostSoulSociety likes this

Dream Big...

#13 ShyButStillHere

ShyButStillHere

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:04 AM

Please don't binge. You're a good person. You deserve better than this. Try yoga, watch a new tv show, read a new book, but whatever you do just promise me you'll try to take care of yourself. You're always worth it

_________ :wub:_________

SW/HW: 110 lbs / 49 kg

CW: 83 lbs / 38 kg

UGW: 75 lbs / 34 kg

#14 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:52 AM

Thank you for your kind reply.
I did a mini binge and stopped after that. It's quicksand, if I binge once I cannot stop again. But I've managed to control my binges.. So hopefully I don't have anymore in my near future.

Please don't binge. You're a good person. You deserve better than this. Try yoga, watch a new tv show, read a new book, but whatever you do just promise me you'll try to take care of yourself. You're always worth it

Dream Big...

#15 skinny_racer

skinny_racer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:52 AM

Thank you for your kind reply.
I did a mini binge and stopped after that. It's quicksand, if I binge once I cannot stop again. But I've managed to control my binges.. So hopefully I don't have anymore in my near future.

Dream Big...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users