Too many pre and pro biotics HELP - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Too many pre and pro biotics HELP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HailSeitan

HailSeitan

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:36 PM

I straight up cannot stop. Kombucha, these prebiotic "soda" drinks, kimchi, etc etc. They just happen to be pretty much the only foods I want to eat. They're tasty, high in fiber, low in calories, voluminous.

The problem is I'm so farty! My digestive tract is overwhelmed. I look pregnant. It's. So. Bad!

I need to find replacement foods ASAP. I can't go on like this. Help meeeeeee

#2 Haci

Haci

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:44 PM

Does gasex or Beano help at all?
  • HailSeitan likes this
tumblr_lzv4asKqlv1qbs47q.gif

Stats
5'8"
Vegan
SW: 140
GW1: 130
GW2: 120
GW3: 115

#3 mylildanceydance

mylildanceydance

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

I went through a phase a couple years ago where I took so many probiotics for so long that I had chronic yeast infections.  Once I stopped the obsession, they went away.

It was weird since probiotics are often cited as a remedy for yeast infections, but too much of a good thing can definitely be a bad thing.  

#4 HailSeitan

HailSeitan

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:55 PM

I went through a phase a couple years ago where I took so many probiotics for so long that I had chronic yeast infections. Once I stopped the obsession, they went away.

It was weird since probiotics are often cited as a remedy for yeast infections, but too much of a good thing can definitely be a bad thing.

And I oop

#5 HailSeitan

HailSeitan

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:56 PM

Does gasex or Beano help at all?

I'm gonna have to try that! I eat a lot of fiber, too, so I'm gonna have to try some remedy rather than change my entire diet. Thanks!

#6 Haci

Haci

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:09 PM

I'm gonna have to try that! I eat a lot of fiber, too, so I'm gonna have to try some remedy rather than change my entire diet. Thanks!

Good luck! It helps me for sure. Also if you eat a lot of fiber and experience gas/bloating, you may need to drink more water as well.
tumblr_lzv4asKqlv1qbs47q.gif

Stats
5'8"
Vegan
SW: 140
GW1: 130
GW2: 120
GW3: 115

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users