9 Day Egg Mono (completed) - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

9 Day Egg Mono (completed)

egg mono mono egg diet

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:43 AM

I'll be starting an 8 day egg mono tomorrow. Background: I have an Obese BMI and am 60.4 inches/ 153.5cm / roughly 5'0. The mono will start on my third day of refeeding from a weeklong fast, prior to that my usual diet is 400ish calories and 600 - 1000 on weekends. I'll be having 4 eggs a day, 5 eggs on the last day and I buy "mixed" eggs so i'm not entirely sure the cals of each one. i'm estimating them at 80 cals each, so roughly 320 calories a day. 

Alongside of eggs, I will also be consuming:

I'll add my start weight and day one update tomorrow!

• D3M0N likes this

#2 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 May 2021 - 09:02 AM

Day one

May 5th, 2021.

Weight: 177 lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• 4 boiled eggs (320)

Total: 320 cals.

Nothing much to report today as i find day 1 of every diet is usually the easiest one. I do kind of regret going for hard boiled eggs though.... they were uh, not very enjoyable and have left me with a vague nausea for the rest of the day. I think I just boiled them for too long to be honest. At least it's stopping me from being hungry. Tomorrow i'm definitely going for scrambled though!

20210507_200010.jpg

• ch0bz and D3M0N like this

#3 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:54 PM

Day two

May 6th, 2021.

Weight: 177.4 lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• Scrambled eggs (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

Total: 340 cals.

I looked up how to actually make scrambled eggs today, because I did NOT want a repeat of yesterdays overcooked eggs and my cooking ability is non-existent. And wow, the scrambled eggs today were so delicious. Definitely the best scrambled egg i've ever had. 

I've been eating the meal super early in the morning so far and I definitely need to hold out until 1/2pm because I was having really bad cravings for food this evening. Hell I was almost tempted to just make some more eggs lol. I keep telling myself to just hold out and keep distracted until the next day, playing OSRS and listening to music is super good for that. I've recently discovered Mother Mother (yeah I know, an eternity after everyone else) and i'm really loving their old albums. It's been a welcome diversion from thinking about food.

20210507_200016.jpg?width=579&height=580

#4 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2021 - 01:56 PM

Day three

May 7th, 2021.

Weight: 177.6 lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• Omelette (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

I don't know why, but I keep forgetting to include the pics i've been taking into this thread so i'll do that now! Please don't judge my complete lack of any culinary ability  :D  I tried to make an omelette for the first time today and considering i'm a noob, i think it went pretty well! it was a bit dry around the edges but I think I just overcooked it to be honest. I'm actually really enjoying making the eggs on this mono so far haha. The only egg related dish i'm used to making is scrambled egg (badly at that), so it's been fun to broaden my horizons. I do plan on doing a different style of egg every day, so I hope I continue to be successful with my attempts!

Oh also about the weight; I expect i'm plateauing/gaining slightly because I haven't had a bowel movement yet. It's not really bothering me too much at the minute, but I have noticed some weird side effects of this mono so far (bloating, a little stomach pain, a LOT of sweat; [I usually don't sweat?] ). It sounds a little like 'keto flu', I just hope it doesn't last too long because the sweating has made me break out in acne :(

20210507_200022.jpg

#5 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 May 2021 - 08:22 PM

Day four

May 8th, 2021.

Weight: 177.2 (-0.4) lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• Poached eggs (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

Putting a content warning on todays eggs because they are so ugly  :D it was my first attempt at poaching and the results were definitely not instagram worthy. They did taste pretty good, though it took a few attempts to get them right. The first two, the yolk was a little solid on the inside but i honestly preferred that to the ones i did 'correctly' with the runny yolk. I'm just not a big runny yolk fan in general to be honest, I dislike the mess. I don't think i'd bother making these again purely just because scrambled egg takes half the time and is doubly tasty. 

It's funny because I was going to write this post at 5pm and be all like "my energy levels have really picked up, I feel good today!"... and then i took a 5 hour "nap". I was definitely able to think about food a lot less than usual today though. I've noticed that even if the egg meal I have on this mono isn't instantly satiating, it does make me feel more full during the rest of the day than I usually would.

I hope my weight comes down soon. I've STILL yet to have a BM. Going to try some magnesium capsules tomorrow and hope that they help. 

Spoiler

• Nyaasu and D3M0N like this

#6 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 May 2021 - 04:18 PM

Day five

May 9th, 2021.

Weight: 176.6 (-0.6) lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• low heat scrambled eggs (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

Ok, low heat scrambled egg is really tasty. Def a more creamy texture to the scrambled egg I had earlier in the week, i'm a fan.

I'm not hungry at all while doing this, until i hear someone mention food... then i get intense cravings. It does go away after about 10 minutes though, thankfully. I'm really glad to finally see a number that isn't 177! Though still no BM in sight D: I hate the knowledge that all of this food is just... sat inside of me. It makes me feel really uncomfortable.

E08VOpgXMAcihtb.png

• D3M0N likes this

#7 kissmyabs

kissmyabs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2458 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 May 2021 - 12:36 AM

So.. you dropped over 50 pounds by now? That’s amazing.

You’re eating zero fiber atm so bms will probably not happen much. If you’re comfortable including fiber or swapping eggs for chia pudding one day, I’d do that.
  • DIETTEARS likes this

undiagnosed restrictive bs

BMI 23 22 21 20 19 maintenance

meal replacement shakes and hsgd accountability

https://www.myproana...sed-turning-30/

productivity accountability

https://www.myproana...ity/?p=76578893

#8 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2021 - 12:17 PM

So.. you dropped over 50 pounds by now? That’s amazing.

You’re eating zero fiber atm so bms will probably not happen much. If you’re comfortable including fiber or swapping eggs for chia pudding one day, I’d do that.

Ahh thank you so much!  Yeah I checked it this morning actually and i'm just under 64 pounds down from my highest weight, it feels so surreal. This is the lowest i've been since my early teens so it's a really weird experience.

I'll def be having more fibre in the future, but i'm just going to stick to eggs while on this. I do need to start doing diets that are a bit more realistic on my stomach though, I don't want my digestion to become completely fucked up haha

• kissmyabs likes this

#9 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2021 - 12:32 PM

Day six

May 10th, 2021.

Weight: 175.6 (-1) lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• soft boiled eggs (320)

Ahh it's so motivating to see 175!

No pic today because the eggs were kind of disastrous  :D  It was almost impossible peeling them, I didn't count it but i'm sure i lost like 20 calories from what i actually ate just because i fucked up peeling them so badly. And then.... instead of using a knife and fork, like a normal person, i bit straight into the first one.... Which instantly squirted hot yolk into my eye and all over my hair.... no words.

I will concede that eating them like this was pretty tasty, but i don't think i'll be doing it again any time soon. Or if i do, i'll wait a bit longer until trying to eat them...maybe cook them the night before or something.

• kissmyabs, Nyaasu and D3M0N like this

#10 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:22 AM

Day seven

May 11th, 2021.

Weight: 174.6 (-1) lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• ....big? scrambled egg (320)
  • Seasoning (20)

Wow it seems like i'm finally consistently losing! How i don't know, considering i STILL haven't had a BM. I've also decided to extend the mono until Saturday! I'll break it on Sunday :) I thought it would be a lot harder than it was to be honest. I've gotten over most of the initial nausea I had and I feel so satiated all the time, it's really nice.

Idk how to describe todays egg, I basically just did scrambled but tried to make the pieces pretty big so it would be more satiating. Just kinda started making an omelette then turned it to scrambled last minute. It was really nice though! I think it was my favourite one so far. I also only just noticed that images size themselves really weird in my posts, so i'll start putting them into spoilers to make them fit a bit better.

Spoiler

• kissmyabs and D3M0N like this

#11 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:21 PM

Day eight

May 12th, 2021.

Weight: 173.2 (-1.4) lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• Soft boiled eggs (320)

173?! I was NOT expecting that. Wow this is so awesome! 3 pounds away from my May goal weight! 

I ordered some ketone strips today because I was getting a little anxious that the seasoning I use might have kept me out of ketosis. It seems not though! I got the second darkest colour (aka the second highest amount of ketones on the chart) so it seems that i'm fine to use it. I actually had a bit of a drop in energy today, it's feeling a little bit like the 5th day of when i usually do a fast in regards to the physical exhaustion. I do still have mental clarity though, which I don't usually have at all when I fast.

I'm fully expecting this weight loss to stop soon and to gain a little back, i'm lowkey dreading when that happens lol. For now i'm just happy to be losing. Today was the original day I was going to stop doing this, and in total I would have lost 3.8 pounds which is pretty awesome. I hope I can maybe make it to 4.6 or higher by the end!

• kissmyabs, princess peach and D3M0N like this

#12 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:30 PM

Day nine

May 13th, 2021.

Weight: 172.4 (-0.8) lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• scrambled eggs (320)
  • seasoning (20)

I really wish I could be positive in this update, but i kind of can't. I've felt absolutely horrific all day; it's my fault as i've explained, but i think the egg mono doesn't help. My fatigue from yesterday tripped and now it's getting impossible to do 10 minutes of chores without having to lay down for 30 minutes to recover.

I had the amazing idea to take a laxative today and it fucked me up completely. I was projectile vomiting stomach acid within 50 minutes. I barely even had bowel movements, just like two. I've felt extremely ill and nauseous all day long.  I had to force myself to eat todays eggs and I only NOW don't still feel nauseous from doing so (6 hours later, 2 of those spent asleep). Combine that with the extreme fatigue I was already feeling and i've spent almost the entire day in bed. If i don't feel better tomorrow i'm going to have to break the mono, because i'm genuinely scared at how awful i feel.

#13 kissmyabs

kissmyabs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2458 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:52 PM

Can you add some electrolytes? Seems like all you’re getting is a bit of seasoning.

Hope you feel better soon, that really sucks!
  • DIETTEARS likes this

undiagnosed restrictive bs

BMI 23 22 21 20 19 maintenance

meal replacement shakes and hsgd accountability

https://www.myproana...sed-turning-30/

productivity accountability

https://www.myproana...ity/?p=76578893

#14 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:22 AM

Can you add some electrolytes? Seems like all you’re getting is a bit of seasoning.

Hope you feel better soon, that really sucks!

I actually did drink some electrolyte water before i took the lax, i guess it didn't have time to go through my system though. taking some more today and trying to build my strength back up!

#15 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

Last day (day 10)

May 14th, 2021.

Start Weight: 177

End Weight: 172

Total Weight Lost: 5 lbs

Calorie breakdown:

• Vegetable Soup (146)
  • 50 oats (181 cals)

Total: 327 cals.

My stomach felt awful today so I broke the mono. Ugh it sucks, I was doing so well and then I had to ruin it for myself lol. Still, I had really great results on this and that's all that counts! My stomach is already starting to settle a little after eating some non egg food, so i'm glad about that. I really hope that when i wake up tomorrow I feel somewhat normal.

I definitely wouldn't advise going above 7 days imo, regardless of the lax i took. I feel like my digestion has been severely messed up and i'm really anxious about it recovering. This could be a good alternative to fasting for people who aren't great at fasting, but it's definitely not a longterm solution, infact i think this is probably one of the least sustainable diets i've done. 

• kissmyabs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egg mono, mono, egg diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users