What’s the most weight you’ve lost in 3 weeks? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What’s the most weight you’ve lost in 3 weeks?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 don'teat-pray-love

don'teat-pray-love

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationSouth East, USA

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:22 PM

How much and how did you do it? I know all of us know how to lose weight here. I’m not asking for tips (as if I don’t already know how it works lol).
The time I lived off of 500 calories max. Black coffee with Splenda, gum, a single egg and plain toast was both ethereal and brutal. But I was actually really happy like that.

My son graduates from kindergarten in 3 weeks. I was already restricting high but now I’m definitely going to low restrict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 pagesofmybook

pagesofmybook

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:16 PM

About 8 pounds I’d say.
I just really focused on restrictions. Usually below 500 and around 1000 on the weekend. Exercised 4-5 days a week.
Gained most of it back recently so need to lose 6 pounds again. Back at it!

CW: 107.3 pounds

GW: 103

Height: 5 ft 2.5

#3 lowcalskinnyy

lowcalskinnyy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:36 PM

Pretty much same as above. Heavily restricted during the week and upped it to 1000 on the weekends and had 0 alcohol. I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, but I think it's also because I switched from the patch to the IUD that first week. Hormones make a big difference in our hunger and energy levels. 

Height: 5'8.5

CW: 128, 58.5kg / BMI 19.2

LW: 112, 50.8kg / BMI 16.8

Somehow holds down a professional job despite only ever thinking about food. 

#4 Hutch0830

Hutch0830

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:16 PM

Probably around 10 lbs but it was miserable.

#5 AngryNewt

AngryNewt

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:20 PM

28.3 but I haven't been eating at all. I'll end up in the hospital soon with another potassium iv im sure.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Lesbian mama
  • Avid faster and low restrictor
  • HW: 212
  • LW: 135

5'6.5 sw 212 cw 169.0 gw1 175 gw2 160 gw3 145 gw4 130 ugw tbd

My accountability thread https://www.myproana.../#entry75287913

“I am forever engaged in a silent battle in my head over whether or not to lift the fork to my mouth, and when I talk myself into doing so, I taste only shame. I have an eating disorder.”

#6 6scorpio6

6scorpio6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:24 PM

i remember losing 16 pounds in a little over 2 weeks, but i was in a very exciting/happy time in my life and i was filled with nervous energy. was really busy with school and i was walking around everywhere, did intermittent fasting between 11-7 pm but usually only ended up eating dinner. 

5'9"

cw: ???

lw: 82
just want to feel less horrible after "Recovery"

#7 TamiiCat

TamiiCat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:40 PM

Around 8 pounds (4kg). Most of it I think is water weight, cant be too sure

┍━━ ✁

159cm5'2

┈┈┈┈

41kg90.3lbs

┕━━ ✃

♡ Accountability / Pics

#8 honeylover

honeylover

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Locationpain

Posted 09 May 2021 - 07:08 PM

i remember losing 16 pounds in a little over 2 weeks, but i was in a very exciting/happy time in my life and i was filled with nervous energy. was really busy with school and i was walking around everywhere, did intermittent fasting between 11-7 pm but usually only ended up eating dinner. 

hope you dont mind me asking, but how many calories was your dinner?

#9 wrenoct

wrenoct

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 09 May 2021 - 07:18 PM

I'm not trying to be rude, so other posters, please don't take it that way! no personal or moral judgement here. seriously, I don't know anyone here, and I'm sure you're all great people.

that being said, nobody can reasonably burn 8-10 lbs of fat in a week. I will never understand why people make these claims. they aren't scientifically possible. even severely overweight people who are water fasting won't burn more than like a pound a day.

if you actually lost that much, you are a medical marvel. I'm serious. because humans may vary in their BMR, but not by that much. water weight can account for like 5 lbs, but that's the only confounding factor there is, outside of clothing and stuff.

for instance, I only eat less than 500 kcals a day on average, and I only lose about 2-3 lbs of fat per week.

I am a strong advocate against giving people unrealistic expectations. ): again, I don't mean to be rude at all, so please know I am strictly criticizing the concept at hand, NOT any individuals mistakenly making such claims.

• 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕪𝕓𝕦𝕥𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕗𝕒𝕥 likes this

5'5 | SW: 144.0 | CW: 125.2 | GW: 140/135/130/125/120/115/110/105/100 | UGW: 95 | LW: 85
Accountability
18.8 lbs lost | 30.2 lbs remaining

#10 StillUnwritten

StillUnwritten

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 08:38 PM

I'm not trying to be rude, so other posters, please don't take it that way! no personal or moral judgement here. seriously, I don't know anyone here, and I'm sure you're all great people.

that being said, nobody can reasonably burn 8-10 lbs of fat in a week. I will never understand why people make these claims. they aren't scientifically possible. even severely overweight people who are water fasting won't burn more than like a pound a day.

if you actually lost that much, you are a medical marvel. I'm serious. because humans may vary in their BMR, but not by that much. water weight can account for like 5 lbs, but that's the only confounding factor there is, outside of clothing and stuff.

for instance, I only eat less than 500 kcals a day on average, and I only lose about 2-3 lbs of fat per week.

I am a strong advocate against giving people unrealistic expectations. ): again, I don't mean to be rude at all, so please know I am strictly criticizing the concept at hand, NOT any individuals mistakenly making such claims.

It’s not necessarily a lie. I appreciate you being respectful about it but you also need to realize that yes it is possible under the right circumstances. I can’t burn any fat at all. I’m crippled. I just went from eating sugar to restricting to about 300 cal and no carbs other than what’s in my daily quest bar. I think what you’re missing is that the majority of people are going to binge while low restricting, but there are actually some people out there that can abstain. Mats going to be who gets to see the greatest benefit. Those that are starting out fatter are going to lose faster as well. I lost about 30 pounds in a little over a month starting at a BMI of 19 and since the main thing was giving up the sugar I’m sure some of it was water weight but not all of it. I’ve seen accounts of people that did not have ED that lost more than that in a month from a serious illness so I don’t see how it’s impossible. And it definitely actually happened for me unless three scales are all wrong
  • Think-Im-starving likes this

#11 doing_for_thin

doing_for_thin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:17 PM

About 8 pounds I’d say.
I just really focused on restrictions. Usually below 500 and around 1000 on the weekend. Exercised 4-5 days a week.
Gained most of it back recently so need to lose 6 pounds again. Back at it!

Just wondering, are you already underweight and still able to loose 8lbs by restricting to ~500 cals?

#12 6scorpio6

6scorpio6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:46 PM

hope you dont mind me asking, but how many calories was your dinner?

at the time i wasn't really tracking it, but looking back i'd estimate between 300-600. i'm jealous of my past self because most of the factors that made it so easy for me to loose so fast at the time don't exist for me anymore. 

• honeylover likes this

5'9"

cw: ???

lw: 82
just want to feel less horrible after "Recovery"

#13 pagesofmybook

pagesofmybook

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:46 AM

Just wondering, are you already underweight and still able to loose 8lbs by restricting to ~500 cals?

Nope I'm not underweight. I'm 5 ft 2.5...at that time I started out at 112 pounds and dropped to 104 which still isn't underweight. Keep in mind I have no idea how much of it was water weight to start but I did lose inches and my husband and mother in law commented that I had lost weight. Jeans were baggy. On top of the 500/day I was doing 20-30 min cardio 5 days a week with light weight training. And I think there was a few days I ate closer to 250 for the day. I'm back up to 108 atm and trying to make my way back to 104 then 103. I liked the way I looked at that weight. Wouldn't go any lower.

CW: 107.3 pounds

GW: 103

Height: 5 ft 2.5

#14 wrenoct

wrenoct

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 May 2021 - 07:40 AM

It’s not necessarily a lie. I appreciate you being respectful about it but you also need to realize that yes it is possible under the right circumstances. I can’t burn any fat at all. I’m crippled. I just went from eating sugar to restricting to about 300 cal and no carbs other than what’s in my daily quest bar. I think what you’re missing is that the majority of people are going to binge while low restricting, but there are actually some people out there that can abstain. Mats going to be who gets to see the greatest benefit. Those that are starting out fatter are going to lose faster as well. I lost about 30 pounds in a little over a month starting at a BMI of 19 and since the main thing was giving up the sugar I’m sure some of it was water weight but not all of it. I’ve seen accounts of people that did not have ED that lost more than that in a month from a serious illness so I don’t see how it’s impossible. And it definitely actually happened for me unless three scales are all wrong

well, the claim that it is essentially impossible comes from CICO. it takes approximately -3,500 kcals to burn a single pound of fat. the average adult female that isn't particularly overweight doesn't even reach 2,000 kcals as their BMR. this means, assuming you water fasted, you would have to work out an additional 1,500+ kals worth to get even a pound a day, let alone more. keep in mind it's known that almost all estimates of calories burned during exercise are overestimates.

that, plus the fact that I've never actually seen that thing, nor has such a thing been documented, to my knowledge.

5'5 | SW: 144.0 | CW: 125.2 | GW: 140/135/130/125/120/115/110/105/100 | UGW: 95 | LW: 85
Accountability
18.8 lbs lost | 30.2 lbs remaining

#15 Skin

Skin

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:40 PM

hi

#16 -LucyInTheSky-

-LucyInTheSky-

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:43 PM

something around 10 pounds but some of it must have been water weight

- L O S T  -

31276492ba67e0bf014547ed33b5327f.jpg

#17 2infinnity

2infinnity

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:25 AM

I see what you are saying, also the OP was asking about weight, not fat. Your talking about losing 8lbs of fat which is a lot harder than losing just 8lbs in general.
SW: 135
HW: 198
LW: 93
CW: 114
GW: 105

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users