Stopped being vegan/vegetarian? - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Stopped being vegan/vegetarian?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rosesand

rosesand

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 05:47 AM

Have you stopped being one? What was the reason and how do you felt about it body-wise and mind-wise? Im thinking about adding fish to my diet after being 5 years vegetarian (with 1 year of being vegan)

• poisonedminds likes this

almost 20 years old

semi-recovery (uhh parents)

163 cm

hw: 44 kg

cw: 33,7 kg

lw: 32,1 kg

ugw: 30 kg

<p>

#2 Coffin50

Coffin50

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:03 AM

Following. I've been vegan for 1.5 years, but not sure if it's worth anymore.
  • poisonedminds and rosesand like this

#3 Akiralovesky

Akiralovesky

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1454 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:18 AM

I stopped being vegan because of inpatient at hospital... had no choice. I only eat dairy now n occasionally eggs if its in something (like baked goods or whatever). It honestly felt a bit more freeing to be able to have dairy now and then again. Could never go back to eating flesh though, ick :/ think of poor nemo lol

• seakissed, poisonedminds and rosesand like this

The day you stop trying is the day you stop flying <3

#4 Gainsboro

Gainsboro

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:44 PM

I stopped being vegan for recovery (I was told I had to), but I'm looking into becoming a vegan again.

• rosesand likes this

#5 Coffee&LaxativesXo

Coffee&LaxativesXo

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:53 PM

I was vegan for 6+ months and I've been a vegetarian before too. I still eat very minimal meat (probably once per week or less) and no seafood because I'm a picky eater. But it's easier to get enough iron and calcium on a non-vegan diet, especially if you're constantly cutting calories. 

#6 sult

sult

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 17 May 2021 - 12:34 AM

I've been vegetarian for 3 years, but I guess I'm more of a flexitarian now as I sometimes buy expiring meat to avoid waste.

• rosesand likes this

In limbo between relapse and recovery. | Accountability

#7 doublezerocoke

doublezerocoke

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8054 posts
  • Locationvatican city

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:47 PM

I was vegan from  age 14-19, so 5 years and then I went vegetarian in hopes it would help me recover because it pushed me to eat newish foods that I hadn't remembered cals for and stuff. So vegan for 5 years, vegetarian for 3 and counting.

The vegetarian thing stuck because it saves me money right now to eat the same ingredients/groceries as my boyfriend but I still eat vegan here and there. Once I have more money I would love to go back to being vegan again though.

• rosesand likes this

Height: 5'3 // 160 cm

CW: 94 lbs // 42.6 kg

LW: 84 lbs // 38.1 kg

HW: 106 lbs // 48 kg

Current BMI: 16.6

GW1: 90 lbs // 40.8 kg

GW2: 85 lbs // 38.5 kg

UGW: 80 lbs // 36.2 kg (or lower)

#8 veiled

veiled

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:16 PM

I stopped being vegan after 5 years of it because my restrictive eating made it hard to get enough nutrition on the vegan diet and I fell into all sorts of deficiencies. Plus I found out I have pretty bad IBS and eating meat/eggs/yogurt again actually really helped sooth that digestive pain compared to the fiber-rich food I used to mostly eat. I still have trouble managing deficiency but I feel a lot healthier now.

• rosesand likes this

"See things for what they are. Drop your blinders and raise the sewer to eye level. Admit that your swimming in shit. If you don't acknowledge the turd heading down the drain towards you, you can't dodge it."

#9 FallenFromTheStars

FallenFromTheStars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2390 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:13 AM

im considering going back to vegetarian after being vegan for a year? so many of my safe foods were vegetarian and im not sure if its worth the stress anymore rn, always believed you cant help the animals if youre not here to do so yknow. i would go back to being vegan again in the future though as i try my best for the animals sake. its a difficult decision and something ive been debating for a long time now

• rosesand likes this

30lb loss by june 18th (31/30) DONE: 05/06

-10lbs challenge: 2/10 (start 06/06)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users