What to do against stomach ulcer induced nausea - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What to do against stomach ulcer induced nausea

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Igorina

Igorina

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3348 posts
  • LocationThe downstairs laboratory in the castle you shouldn't go near.

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:36 PM

My stomach ulcer started to act up in the beginning of the week because of stress.

I've started taking omeprazole but I'm still quite nauseous. I'm also freezing (despite the temperature in my home being fine) and very tired.

I push myself to eat and drink enough.

What can I do against the nausea aside from omeprazole?

Temporary lapse.

#2 SK3L3T0NPRINCESS

SK3L3T0NPRINCESS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationa sunny island

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:55 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry you are going through this. Those can be quite a pain. Following the BRAT diet and slowly increasing plain foods  (eggs, chicken, tofu)  is helpful because it's good for healing the stomach. Soup broths can help if you're not up for eating.  Drinking ginger tea might help or anything with ginger really because ginger is known to help aid digestion. Hopefully you get better soon! 

• Igorina likes this

Height: 5'6 (170 cm) 
Highest Weight: 138lbs (63kg)

Current Weight: 116lbs (52.5kg)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 110lbs (49.89kg)
Lowest Weight: 105lbs(47.62 kg)

#3 Igorina

Igorina

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3348 posts
  • LocationThe downstairs laboratory in the castle you shouldn't go near.

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry you are going through this. Those can be quite a pain. Following the BRAT diet and slowly increasing plain foods  (eggs, chicken, tofu)  is helpful because it's good for healing the stomach. Soup broths can help if you're not up for eating.  Drinking ginger tea might help or anything with ginger really because ginger is known to help aid digestion. Hopefully you get better soon! 

Thank you. I think I have some broth powder around.

It's hard to eat enough. I know that sounds weird because I want to lose more weight but I don't want to lose weight this way. I'm nauseous all day, have no energy at all and I'm freezing.

Thanks again, I'm going to locate that broth powder.

Temporary lapse.

#4 tea&strumpets

tea&strumpets

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:30 PM

Stick to super bland foods low in acid, try to avoid stuff like tomorrow sauce, coffee (🥲 esp on an empty stomach) etc. Empty stomachs also make nausea worse, unfortunately.

Frequent small meals can help - eating too much can make reflux feel worse, and having an empty stomach churning definitely will make it worse! The omeprazole will work but it takes 2 weeks I think to reach it’s max effect. If that isn’t helping, talk to the doctor who prescribed it, people sometimes take really high doses for a short time when the pain is bad. Also something like liquid Gaviscon can help so much, it’s over the counter. I think it works better than Tums. I hope you feel better soon! I have so many GI problems from years of poor treatment of my body, it sucks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users