difference between laxatives - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

difference between laxatives

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 racecar

racecar

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationmentally, i'm skinny on a beach drinking margaritas

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:43 PM

I think it's safe to say that dulcolax is the preferred lax of bulimics everywhere. I know that others like Metamucil and miralax don't target the digestive system in the right way, but I can't tell the difference between sennosides and bisacodyl besides them just being different substances. is dulcolax really the only lax that works the way I want it to or do sennosides do the same thing?

god forbid I exercise a little...

#2 Emptyspirits

Emptyspirits

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2202 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 07:20 PM

I take miralax it’s an osmotic laxative and much gentler on the digestive tract. I would never reccomend stimulants to anyone. I had a doctor try telling me I should take them and I refused she was aware of my history of past laxative abuse and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 bulimica

bulimica

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationBrazil 🇧🇷

Posted 09 May 2021 - 03:01 AM

I don’t trust dulcolax anymore. Aside from allergic reaction (swollen face) I passed out multiple times with it which should have been a sign to stop taking it but at the time I was completely disconnected from reality. Should also mention I’m not the only one and quite a few people said they experienced extreme pain and vomiting among other symptoms when they abused it. Also syncope is one of the rare symptoms but it does happen, it happened to me.
I recommend senna. It’s less painful to me and never made me throw up or pass out. But wouldn’t recommend taking more than 10 of any laxatives ever anyway. The pain isn’t worth it.
  • Emptyspirits likes this

#4 Unsatisfaction85

Unsatisfaction85

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 08:31 AM

I’m pro dulcolax... so far is working for me.

#5 Emptyspirits

Emptyspirits

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2202 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:22 PM

I don’t trust dulcolax anymore. Aside from allergic reaction (swollen face) I passed out multiple times with it which should have been a sign to stop taking it but at the time I was completely disconnected from reality. Should also mention I’m not the only one and quite a few people said they experienced extreme pain and vomiting among other symptoms when they abused it. Also syncope is one of the rare symptoms but it does happen, it happened to me.
I recommend senna. It’s less painful to me and never made me throw up or pass out. But wouldn’t recommend taking more than 10 of any laxatives ever anyway. The pain isn’t worth it.

Dulcolax is the devillllll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Decomposed

Decomposed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:39 PM

dulcolax works well but it makes me feel awful plus it usually wakes me up in the middle of the night. lactulose is my go-to though (highly recommend), it feels safer bc haven't experienced bad side effects from it whatsoever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users