hey! apologies if this is offesnsive/wrong x - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

hey! apologies if this is offesnsive/wrong x

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 electric_avenue

electric_avenue

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2021 - 05:55 AM

stalked the BED forums for a bit, you all seem very lovely. so i really apologise if this hurts anyone!

i have wondered for a long time whether people with BED ever have a compulsion to purge? as a bulimic, the purging came way before the binging. i only started binging when i got 'better' at the purging aspect. so i've never really felt an urge to binge that wasn't motivated by purging. opinions?

wannabe egirl, pepsi max addict, lesbian

i just want to know how thin feels

CW:120 (BMI 20.3)  SW:137 (BMI 23.5)

GW: whatever BMI 18.5 is

Next goal: get to under 120 and stay there as long as possible

+ purge two dozen donuts in a day

Spoiler

fa734e4a9828dea22a9d0a0b2f87a7f5

#2 Parisian_Chic

Parisian_Chic

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:04 AM

Yes I did. It was so bad that when I would try not to I would get anxieties. 

Spoiler

2082872dm4hcudj5f.gif

π’œπ“…π“‡Γ¨π“ˆ 𝓁𝒢 π“…π“π“Šπ’Ύπ‘’, 𝓁𝑒 π’·π‘’π’Άπ“Š π“‰π‘’π“‚π“…π“ˆ...

giphy.gif

#3 benevolent_bloom

benevolent_bloom

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:06 AM

It does, but I have really bad teeth genetically so usually that is the one single thing holding me from it.

Above heaven, under heaven, I alone am worthy of honour.

#4 Jamie Π”ΠΆΠ΅ΠΉΠΌΠΈ

Jamie Π”ΠΆΠ΅ΠΉΠΌΠΈ

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Locationst petersburg

Posted 09 May 2021 - 07:54 AM

i have, and i tried once but was unsuccessful. i think another part of it is just that i practically "purge" it out anyway, whenever i binge i usually fast for at least 3 days afterwards. i guess everybody has a different method ;< 

LW: 37kgs

HW: 85.5kgs 

CW: 80.8kgs

Current goal: 75kgs

UGW: 50kgs (subject to change~)

UbkzF8.png

#5 mpqithdskcnsucbsbdjskdmcx

mpqithdskcnsucbsbdjskdmcx

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 09:04 AM

deleted

• ForeverDieting likes this

deleting most of my posts, switching to mypancakeaddiction

c:

#6 skinnynlovely

skinnynlovely

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1138 posts
  • Locationin the kitchen

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:05 AM

Yep, but trying is exhausting especially when nothing comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why

#7 skinnynlovely

skinnynlovely

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1138 posts
  • Locationin the kitchen

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:07 AM

Dp

why

#8 𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱

𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9362 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:38 PM

No. I have BED so I have a compulsion to eat. A purging compulsion isn't part of the disorder.

fa71f8ac5b172a6d0f103c4c6da40ff4c026965b

#9 Lindemann

Lindemann

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Locationwhere the wild roses grow

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:55 PM

i can't throw up, it's not like "ewwww, i just can't" but like i just can't, nothing comes out. and i came to the point to have a swollen throat, my reflux gone crazy for weeks but yes. nothing seems to make me nauseous weirdly. so it goes like one day i restrict, then binge, then restrict for 3 days, and binge. 

• Salmonella likes this

"nothing really bothers her, she just wants to love herself."     

b1iVASm.gif 

xp9cDCA.gif

#10 Salmonella

Salmonella

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationRaw chicken

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:27 PM

I have a phobia of vomit. Like I physically can’t vomit and haven’t since I was a toddler. I probably would definitely purge if I didn’t have the fear. 

• cokevanille and Tiny Blonde Spoonie like this

☁️Accountability☁️

Height: 5’1

Bmi: 24.9

SW: 135  (Feb 2020)
HW: 146  (May 2021)

CW: 131
GW: 140, 135, 130, 125, 120, 115, 110, 105

☁️UGW: 95☁️

THINSPO

#11 Lillifee

Lillifee

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1257 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:59 AM

i have, and i tried once but was unsuccessful. i think another part of it is just that i practically "purge" it out anyway, whenever i binge i usually fast for at least 3 days afterwards. i guess everybody has a different method ;< 

I used to do this too before I developed bulimia. I think fasting or restricting after a binge is also a form of β€œpurging” as you said. Then I found out how to make myself sick and everything went to shit…

• Jamie Π”ΠΆΠ΅ΠΉΠΌΠΈ likes this

You can’t change the past, but you can create the future. :wub:

#12 racecar

racecar

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationmentally, i'm skinny on a beach drinking margaritas

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:22 PM

questions like these on this forum got me to start purging, just fyi

• 𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱, thinspogirl17, Kowaitori and 1 other like this

god forbid I exercise a little...

#13 𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱

𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9362 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:28 PM

questions like these on this forum got me to start purging, just fyi

I don't think every person who asks this on the BED forum means harm (I hope not anyway) but if they just used the search function they'd see they're one of maaaaaany people who solely come to this forum to ask us that. If I make a thread on the anorexia forum asking them why they don't just eat..yeah it wouldn't go well lmao

I don't get the fascination or why the other threads asking the same thing didn't satisfy their curiosity. Who knows. I'm really sorry it affected you in that way though.
  • thinspogirl17, Kowaitori and flickerbeat like this

#14 Kowaitori

Kowaitori

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:35 AM

But why would you suggest people suffering from one eating disorder to develop another one? I know that you probably didn't mean it, but questions like this can be very harmful - people with bed often don't feel valid (even if we are!) and my brain, reading those questions is like "well, you see, you aren't sick enough because you don't purge". 

• 𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱 likes this

#15 racecar

racecar

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationmentally, i'm skinny on a beach drinking margaritas

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:29 AM

I don't think every person who asks this on the BED forum means harm (I hope not anyway) but if they just used the search function they'd see they're one of maaaaaany people who solely come to this forum to ask us that. If I make a thread on the anorexia forum asking them why they don't just eat..yeah it wouldn't go well lmao

I don't get the fascination or why the other threads asking the same thing didn't satisfy their curiosity. Who knows. I'm really sorry it affected you in that way though.

I totally understand the curiosity from op, but frankly, I'm kind of sick of people asking why my eating disorder manifested the way it did. if op had asked "no offense, but why do you purge" on the mia forum or "no offense, but why don't you eat" on the ana forum, my guess is that it wouldn't be received very well. only reason it's tolerated here is because I think some people with bed glamorize bulimics because they think it's a better ed to have because you can lose weight from it, even though that's not the case for a lot of bulimics anyway. I also think that some of us glamorize anorexics (I used to) because they never lose control like bed's do and that's not a fair assessment either. it doesn't matter how it looks, ed's control YOU, not the other way around.

To criticize anyone's ed is just pointless, because we didn't choose this and my ed is not a reflection of my willpower, my ethic or my character. it's kind of the same as asking an addict why they picked their drug of choice. they didn't choose it, it chose them.

• 𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱 and Butterfliesdon'tfart like this

god forbid I exercise a little...

#16 𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱

𝔢𝔠𝔩𝔒𝔭𝔱

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9362 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:37 AM

I totally understand the curiosity from op, but frankly, I'm kind of sick of people asking why my eating disorder manifested the way it did. if op had asked "no offense, but why do you purge" on the mia forum or "no offense, but why don't you eat" on the ana forum, my guess is that it wouldn't be received very well. only reason it's tolerated here is because I think some people with bed glamorize bulimics because they think it's a better ed to have because you can lose weight from it, even though that's not the case for a lot of bulimics anyway. I also think that some of us glamorize anorexics (I used to) because they never lose control like bed's do and that's not a fair assessment either. it doesn't matter how it looks, ed's control YOU, not the other way around.

To criticize anyone's ed is just pointless, because we didn't choose this and my ed is not a reflection of my willpower, my ethic or my character. it's kind of the same as asking an addict why they picked their drug of choice. they didn't choose it, it chose them.

You worded that perfectly. That's everything I've always felt about these questions but I couldn't put it into words. The question always makes me feel like people think we just woke up and decided BED was the disorder for us and that's not it at all. All in all I definitely think BED is the least respected and least validated disorder there is. It's like people think we just like to eat and decide to do nothing about it. Like you said, disorders control us and we don't have a say in which one we develop.
But yeah you literally said everything I ever wanted to say about this topic and I hope people who inevitably will want to make another thread asking this again come across your reply πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

#17 Butterscoth

Butterscoth

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:37 PM

OP did not encourage purging though? Just asked if you ever felt compelled to purge.

Nothing about "why don't you purge" kind of thing either. Am I missing something?

Just "did you feel a compulsion to purge" It's nothing more than a curious question.

I don't about MPA but Binge ED is less representes, validated, respected or even ackowledged... sadly that is true and I wish more people understood it's not just "eating a lot of food". I too had BED before it turned to bulimia, everyone is different
  • ForeverDieting, Tiny Blonde Spoonie and electric_avenue like this
i love εˆιŸ³γƒŸγ‚― (Hatsune Miku)
I use she/they

#18 winter soldier

winter soldier

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:38 PM

honestly no. the closest I ever came to purging was "fuck I ate too much its probably going to come up on its own"

all I have in life is this shitty food

Spoiler

#19 Maria Sophia

Maria Sophia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:06 PM

Great question. I had to think about it. I started purging because I would over eat, and was over weight. This started the binges. Now I binge even when I don't purge. When I try to break the cycle, it's easier to stop purging than to stop binging. The binging causes me to be even more over weight. The purging just helps me to sustain within a certain weight area - but doesn't allow me to lose. So the cycle continues.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users