Leg injury - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Leg injury

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 That Slav Guy

That Slav Guy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLjubljana (but England currently)

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:11 PM

Got a serious leg injury in December during a failed suicide attempt. Really bad nerve damage and muscle tears all down the leg. Can't use it at all.

Got heavy muscle wastage. Basically my right leg is about half the size of my left leg. My right leg is thinspiration for the left one lmao

It's really painful constantly tbh. Got a high pain threshold but it's wild. Was in hospital for 3 weeks. On heavy duty painkillers but they're gabapentin and can make you gain weight which is scary, altho can't live without them currently.

Exercise is out of the question other than upper body weights and even then it's not the same. Barely any I can do. I have retained a fair amount of muscle from constantly working out prior to the injury despite literally only doing a handful of workouts in the past 5 months, which is alright I guess.

Can't even walk far and if I do the pain over the next week days is unbearable. Wake up shouting in pain from muscle spasms.

Doctors have been saying potentially MS, which is scary af. Most recent neurologist said he doubted it was MS, but they're doing more tests. It's overwhelming.

I just drink a lot to cope with it. Sick of this. Sorry to whine. Just struggling.

Ne hrana, samo vodka

#2 chasingcalm

chasingcalm

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1329 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:07 AM

Sorry to hear that you are struggling so much. I broke my femur last March, also in a suicide attempt and I'm still recovering my stamina. You don't realize how much you take your legs for granted until they get hurt. 

• That Slav Guy likes this

just a twenty-something trying to get her shit together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users