Fat Phobia (?) - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Fat Phobia (?)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 clueless¿

clueless¿

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3481 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:14 PM

ok honestly im not sure why ur on this website but were gonna ignore that lmao. people ate before processed foods. u can still eat fairly healthy without a ton of money. rice, beans, grilled chicken, legumes, a pound of fruit literally costs $3.94. all excuses if u want easy ur gonna get the outcome of being fat. not everyone is skinny because not everyone wants to go the extra mile. being aware of high fructose corn syrup and how it has brought on obesity is important. just dont buy processed foods its not very difficult i dont. planet fitness memberships are $10 a month and yes ik they deserve respect but they spread misinformation like "fat is healthy", "wanting to lose weight is fatphobic" and its honestly just delusional.

don’t know why you’re on this site if you’re so judgemental towards fat people. maybe ed twt is a better place for you but we’re going to ignore all of that lmao

has it ever occurred to you that maybe they’re just trying to learn how to feel comfortable in their own bodies? society and people like you are horribly cruel to fat people. while i’ve never been overweight, i used to get fat shamed and name called quite a bit at the higher end of a healthy bmi. all the name calling hurt, and to make myself feel better i used to reassure myself with the idea that i looked good and was healthy regardless of my weight. maybe i was wrong, but what’s so bad about that? i think it’s a little hypocritical to judge people for being unhealthy when we’re discussing this on an eating disorder forum. i don’t agree with the whole ‘losing weight is fatphobic’ thing but the rest of it really isn’t harming you. nobody owes it to you to lose weight and if they can be comfortable with themselves at a higher weight then they’re already doing better than both me and you

and as a matter of fact eating healthy does cost a lot more than consuming processed foods. i grew up very poor, where my family could often only afford a limited amount of foods because we didn’t have much money to spend. so naturally we’d head over to the large family sized pizzas for £1, or the four pack of ramen for 50p instead of the single pack of strawberries for £1.50, or the small bag of rice for £4. it is much easier to feed a family on a budget with unhealthy processed foods, instead of buying many separate ingredients to make healthy meals. as for the whole gym thing, most people have full time jobs, adult responsibilities and childcare. i see from your profile that you’re only 20, so i’m guessing that you’ve never experienced what it’s like to be on your feet 24/7 and barely having any time to spend with family, let alone going to a gym. i’ve experienced this firsthand and it really isn’t as easy as you make it out to be so be a little more understanding next time. not everyone is skinny because people have more important things to worry about in life, such as providing for their families and paying the bills
  • ☆PaisleySky☆, whatever95, Pandoras-Box and 2 others like this

#42 AshOfTheLilacs

AshOfTheLilacs

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:55 PM

don’t know why you’re on this site if you’re so judgemental towards fat people. maybe ed twt is a better place for you but we’re going to ignore all of that lmao

has it ever occurred to you that maybe they’re just trying to learn how to feel comfortable in their own bodies? society and people like you are horribly cruel to fat people. while i’ve never been overweight, i used to get fat shamed and name called quite a bit at the higher end of a healthy bmi. all the name calling hurt, and to make myself feel better i used to reassure myself with the idea that i looked good and was healthy regardless of my weight. maybe i was wrong, but what’s so bad about that? i think it’s a little hypocritical to judge people for being unhealthy when we’re discussing this on an eating disorder forum. i don’t agree with the whole ‘losing weight is fatphobic’ thing but the rest of it really isn’t harming you. nobody owes it to you to lose weight and if they can be comfortable with themselves at a higher weight then they’re already doing better than both me and you

and as a matter of fact eating healthy does cost a lot more than consuming processed foods. i grew up very poor, where my family could often only afford a limited amount of foods because we didn’t have much money to spend. so naturally we’d head over to the large family sized pizzas for £1, or the four pack of ramen for 50p instead of the single pack of strawberries for £1.50, or the small bag of rice for £4. it is much easier to feed a family on a budget with unhealthy processed foods, instead of buying many separate ingredients to make healthy meals. as for the whole gym thing, most people have full time jobs, adult responsibilities and childcare. i see from your profile that you’re only 20, so i’m guessing that you’ve never experienced what it’s like to be on your feet 24/7 and barely having any time to spend with family, let alone going to a gym. i’ve experienced this firsthand and it really isn’t as easy as you make it out to be so be a little more understanding next time. not everyone is skinny because people have more important things to worry about in life, such as providing for their families and paying the bills

especially for poorer people living in food deserts, or those with very little time. like it's so much easier and quicker to buy a fuckton of mcnuggets than cook something

• ☆PaisleySky☆ and clueless¿ like this

Zoe/Milly

atypical an (fuck knows what type)

female

5' 11"

cw 60kg 18.3

hw fuckin high lol

gw1 65kg 19.8

gw2 55kg 16.8

gw3 45kg, maybe, 13.7

GrjhVfd.png

#43 thittlelighs

thittlelighs

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1037 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:01 PM

yeah there's been this thing in body posi online spaces lately, making all eating disorders seem like we are focused on fat people's bodies and nothing else lol

Sometimes I am, if they’re in front of me. I AM SORRY!!! I apologize mentally anyway.
  • Abbey84 likes this

*Accountability*

172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 *127*

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471vdq35x4jcrbbrn4n0

"No thank you."

UnawareRaggedBobwhite-max-1mb.gif

"We're all stories in the end."

#44 thittlelighs

thittlelighs

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1037 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:06 PM

how is it that the fatties are offended by a mental illness... they make everything abt them i stg.
im not fatphobic. only fatphobic to myself because i will never allow myself to be fat again. but i respect fat people except when theyre like fat activists because that is the dumbest shit ive ever heard. if ur fat ur unhealthy and if u think otherwise ur delusional and in denial. its all the fast food, processed meat and high fructose corn syrup people consume- makes me sick to even think about it.
i just think if fat people spent the time they do preaching fat acceptance in the gym they could actually not be fat.

Wow, *heart eyes* I love you! *applauds*

*Accountability*

172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 *127*

"No thank you."

#45 thittlelighs

thittlelighs

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1037 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:11 PM

For a lot of people, processed food is the only option. Low income people have a lot less options when it comes to feeding themselves and their families. When given 5 dollars, they can either chose to make a salad that will feed them MAYBE for one dinner OR 5 one dollar meals that may be processed but will ensure that no one is hungry. Sure some people can afford to eat "better", but a lot of fat people cannot.

As for high fructose- corn is a MAJOR subsidized crop in the US. It's almost impossible to avoid corn syrup or corn byproducts. Almost everything not fresh has corn or high fructose in it.

And for your last point about fat people going to the gym- what if they can't afford a gym membership? What if they're too busy working to work out? What of they're disabled and cannot work out or risk injuring themselves or exaughsting themselves beyond the point of being able to do daily tasks?

The fact of the matter is that fat people deserve respect, not to be called "fatties". Fat people want to be RESPECTED. That's all. They don't want everyone to be fat. And for a lot of fat people, especially in America, healthy living is not a choice. They can't afford it or don't have the time. Minimum wage is too low and living costs are too high for them to focus on reaching the ideal lifestyle- they're just trying to make it through the day.

There are more societal factors to weight than just "they're lazy".

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

But.. fasting costs $0
>.>
  • ForeverDieting, Abbey84, jpi332 and 1 other like this

*Accountability*

"No thank you."

#46 ૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

tiny fairy

• Accountability access
  • 3066 posts
  • Location𝐁𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:16 PM

how is it that the fatties are offended by a mental illness... they make everything abt them i stg.

im not fatphobic. only fatphobic to myself because i will never allow myself to be fat again. but i respect fat people except when theyre like fat activists because that is the dumbest shit ive ever heard. if ur fat ur unhealthy and if u think otherwise ur delusional and in denial. its all the fast food, processed meat and high fructose corn syrup people consume- makes me sick to even think about it.

i just think if fat people spent the time they do preaching fat acceptance in the gym they could actually not be fat.

pls do not call ppl fatties lol !! ik ur probs j venting but that could hurt ppl who may be higher in BMI in the forum :3

• ☆PaisleySky☆, ForeverDieting and cancermoon like this
C348-F354-B7-B7-45-FD-8-A41-105-C62-F673

#47 ૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა

tiny fairy

• Accountability access
  • 3066 posts
  • Location𝐁𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:19 PM

save it, lol. for some reason, privileged mfs who can afford to buy a shit ton of low cal food and veggies and shit/have access to grocery stores don't have the mental capacity to understand what a food dessert is. just know this is pretty much what i was thinking and u said it WAYYY better than i could LOL

• The Flower of Carnage and clueless¿ like this
C348-F354-B7-B7-45-FD-8-A41-105-C62-F673

#48 AshOfTheLilacs

AshOfTheLilacs

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 08:32 AM

But.. fasting costs $0
>.>

most mentally stable people can't fast tho can they

• Abbey84 likes this

Zoe/Milly

female

5' 11"

cw 60kg 18.3

hw fuckin high lol

gw1 65kg 19.8

gw2 55kg 16.8

gw3 45kg, maybe, 13.7

GrjhVfd.png

#49 thittlelighs

thittlelighs

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1037 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Posted 30 May 2021 - 08:38 AM

Of course they can. Ask the monks 🤪
  • sailormoonlegs and jpi332 like this

*Accountability*

"No thank you."

#50 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:20 AM

im not sure why i laughed yet i did...Even with an e.d i cant fast... Maybe my body is fucked up or i am ,yet i cant... i black out/pass out if i try... idk fasting is like a hard no....

• jpi332 likes this

<p>Dream Believe you will succeed-Scott Stapp--
Height 5-9
Weight-112

gw:100

ugh:98

#51 James Buchanan Barnes

James Buchanan Barnes

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationWakanda

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:32 AM

I have said this once already today but I am going to say it again.

HAVING A RESTRICTIVE EATING DISORDER HAS VERY LITTLE WITH A FEAR OF BEING SEVERELY OVERWEIGHT.

Having a restrictive ED is a mental illness. Most people with them have such severe lacks of control in life that they turn to control the one thing they think they can: their bodies, food, etc. For a lot of people yes it starts off as 'dieting' and wanting to drop X or Y amount of weight but it's so much more than that. A restrictive ED isn't fatphobia. It's an actual mental illness that you need help from a doctor for.

"OH I'M FATPHOBIC, I ADMIT IT... wait I'm still anorexic?! What's happening?!" This advice of admitting you're fatphobic in order to recover from an ED is not only misinformation, it's dangerous because it'll teach people that they can't get help because they admitted they were fatphobic but, wow! Their mental illness is still there! "Well I admitted it and I'm still sick so I guess I'll never recover."

Son of a bitch. This kind of stuff is gonna hurt people. Is fatphobia a real thing? Yes. CAN fatphobia lead to an ED? Of fucking course. But to say every ED is caused by fatphobia... is just dangerous. Fuck TikTok for this. God I need a drink.

• BoredAsHell, The Flower of Carnage, Empty_Feels_Good and 1 other like this

My ideal body weight is Sebastian Stan on top of me.

tumblr_inline_ojwhlxCeLT1rthn9r_540.gif

THEY/THEM ~ Transmasculine ~ Biracial ~ Polyglot ~ Autistic ~ EDNOS ~ A Fucking Adult

#52 Empty_Feels_Good

Empty_Feels_Good

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:31 AM

I guess I’m fat phobic because I personally am terrified of becoming fat (even though I already am…) but I actually don’t care if other people are fat. It’s not my life and I mainly care about having control over my own body.

#53 AshOfTheLilacs

AshOfTheLilacs

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:15 PM

Of course they can. Ask the monks

cough anorexia mirabilis innit cough

• Sasha_Ascendant and ForeverDieting like this

Zoe/Milly

female

5' 11"

cw 60kg 18.3

hw fuckin high lol

gw1 65kg 19.8

gw2 55kg 16.8

gw3 45kg, maybe, 13.7

GrjhVfd.png

#54 rose.bear_

rose.bear_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:19 PM

I think a lot of us are internally fat phobic and to recover we need to work on that, but i really don’t see the point in targeting people with eds rather than the root cause of why we don’t want to be fat so bad. it feels like they’re just demonizing mentally ill people.

#55 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12358 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:57 PM

My eating disorder started with trauma from my house fire, grief from my grandma dying of cancer, and stress from trying to find a job. My goal weights were my weights from childhood: 9th grade, 8th grade, 7th grade, 6th grade, then I’m not valid until I hit BMI 13. None of it had anything to do with fatphobia. Also I’m not afraid of becoming fat because I know it will never happen. I’m afraid of being medium size.

I relate. I fear being a healthy weight as it coincides with a body I had during an abusive relationship.

My ED stems from fearing change, feeling safer in a body that reminds me of my younger self and wanting to control/change my body at my own hand since I cannot change my birth defect or serious health issues. Weight gain interferes with that.

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

ask me stuff

find me on edc 

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

#56 claraistired

claraistired

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:34 PM

I'm fully aware that I am fatphobic but a large (pun intended) part of me does not want to change it and it probably makes me a terrible person.

• BoredAsHell likes this

#57 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:35 PM

I was like ok with this until the end...You ever think that they are ok with being fat, n may enjoy it.. i won't go into the health aspect, cuz god knows none of us are all that healthy on here anyways.....

<p>Dream Believe you will succeed-Scott Stapp--
Height 5-9
Weight-112

gw:100

ugh:98

#58 ANAtomist

ANAtomist

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3014 posts
  • LocationIn a mortuary next to an autopsy table OR climbing beyond octaves written by Rachmaninov and Paganini OR cracking the Da Vinci code

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:36 PM

I am really struggling to understand these people... This is so confusing:

In order to RECOVER (???) from an ED you NEED to admit you are fatphobic(?) I can't see a reasonable, logical link between these two things...

If this argument applies then ED can mean any ED (it doesn't say anorexia/bulimia) so ok let me substitute this formula here with a random ED, let's say rumination disorder.

In order to recover from rumination disorder I need to admit I'm fatphobic? How will that help? Admitting I'm fat phonic will somehow, magically fix my regurgitation, that it can reverse the dtysfunctioning of my relaxation of the muscle at the bottom of my esophagus? ok then... why did I even need to study for my pre-med school bridging course exam? I can just write "admit you're fatphobic" (lol jokes, I'll get off MPA and study now)

• ForeverDieting likes this

[Updated: June, 2021] 168cm | 37kg | BMI = 13.1

PLEASE!! THIS IS MY PERSONAL PLEA: DON’T SAY THINGS LIKE “if your BMI is true you need to be hospitalised” or “if your signature is still accurate...” because A. yes? It’s still accurate? It says updated on JUNE 2021, which is like...literally what today is B. why would you think it’s not true? Why do I need to lie on an anonymous site? It’s exactly because I can’t talk about my ED IRL so I have to go online... I’m already struggling & hurting so much, just like how you are too. Imagine you having no support whatsoever, go online to find an outlet, only being questioned for your credibility about your stats and posts, how would you feel? C. yes it might seem low but my highest ever BMI was around 17, I’m premature and have multiple medical conditions that made me weight less/can’t eat much even prior my ED. So yea, 13 is not that bad compare to someone who got here from a much higher HW.

EDC: ANAtomist Da Vinci | Pancakes: ANAtomist van Beethoven

~ AN - r ~

#59 claraistired

claraistired

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:40 PM

...I'm confused?

In order to RECOVER (???) from an ED you NEED to admit you are fatphobic(?) I can't see a logical link between these two things...

They (the body positive people) are offended because our fear of being fat is to them like saying "I'd rather die than look like you." In my opinion, it seems more about them than us. Whether or not my beliefs about thinness are moral has no bearing on my compulsions to restrict so their guilt tactics are null and void.

• BoredAsHell and James Buchanan Barnes like this

#60 ANAtomist

ANAtomist

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3014 posts
  • LocationIn a mortuary next to an autopsy table OR climbing beyond octaves written by Rachmaninov and Paganini OR cracking the Da Vinci code

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:50 PM

They (the body positive people) are offended because our fear of being fat is to them like saying "I'd rather die than look like you." In my opinion, it seems more about them than us. Whether or not my beliefs about thinness are moral has no bearing on my compulsions to restrict so their guilt tactics are null and void.

I agree - it definitely is more about them than us. In a way this is belittling our struggles because it's beyond weight and wanting to be a certain size. No wonder why people thinks EDs are out fault.. it's all because these people spreading disinformation

• vacationtownprincess likes this

[Updated: June, 2021] 168cm | 37kg | BMI = 13.1

PLEASE!! THIS IS MY PERSONAL PLEA: DON’T SAY THINGS LIKE “if your BMI is true you need to be hospitalised” or “if your signature is still accurate...” because A. yes? It’s still accurate? It says updated on JUNE 2021, which is like...literally what today is B. why would you think it’s not true? Why do I need to lie on an anonymous site? It’s exactly because I can’t talk about my ED IRL so I have to go online... I’m already struggling & hurting so much, just like how you are too. Imagine you having no support whatsoever, go online to find an outlet, only being questioned for your credibility about your stats and posts, how would you feel? C. yes it might seem low but my highest ever BMI was around 17, I’m premature and have multiple medical conditions that made me weight less/can’t eat much even prior my ED. So yea, 13 is not that bad compare to someone who got here from a much higher HW.

EDC: ANAtomist Da Vinci | Pancakes: ANAtomist van Beethoven

~ AN - r ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users