Fat Phobia (?) - Page 8 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Fat Phobia (?)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 valfreyja

valfreyja

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:24 PM

People from low income backgrounds aren't overweight because of ignorance and lack of education. That's so patronising; people know that eating too much junk makes you gain weight. Most people are not this obsessed with being thin and would rather find comfort in food and be a bit overweight. And a lot of people are under pressure, stressed or unhappy and overeat for comfort.
  • Abbey84, stkitty, ConfusedLizzie and 1 other like this

#142 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3635 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:52 PM

This is why I am not on tiktok and if I was my response to that line of BS would likely get me kicked off ...who tf came up with that in the first place ? Personally I never see anything wrong with anyone other than myself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

#143 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3635 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:55 PM

yeah there's been this thing in body posi online spaces lately, making all eating disorders seem like we are focused on fat people's bodies and nothing else lol

And like we weren't misinterpreted as narcissists enough as it is

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  • stkitty likes this

#144 jpi332

jpi332

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:27 AM

ugh thats so dumb!! and like even past bulimia and anorexia, BED, orthorexia, arfid, and so many others that arent rooted in even internalized fatphobia. i hate the way ppl group all eds as just a bunch of skinny ppl who hate fat ppl because its not at all like this!!

And even when it is like anorexia it’s usually not like “I saw a skinny model in a magazine guess I’ll starve to be PrEtTY” like people in HAES want to think it is. We can’t cure this just by looking at body positivity websites. For me it’s more like “bones=self control, fat=the opposite”. Fucked but what can you do? If this was all just about not being obese, wouldn’t people not care to lose weight past a BMI of 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Abbey84 and stkitty like this

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#145 stkitty

stkitty

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:31 AM

And even when it is like anorexia it’s usually not like “I saw a skinny model in a magazine guess I’ll starve to be PrEtTY” like people in HAES want to think it is. ...

Totally. I mean women in general do it, but they compare themselves to anorexia to make themselves look more tragic.

Anorexia is quite different, probably the opposite.

• Abbey84 likes this

#146 stkitty

stkitty

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2498 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:33 AM

And like we weren't misinterpreted as narcissists enough as it is

Right lmao. I mean women in general can be weird + shitty but it's next-level with them and THEY NEVER LISTEN when people call them out.

#147 jpi332

jpi332

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:04 PM

Right lmao. I mean women in general can be weird + shitty but it's next-level with them and THEY NEVER LISTEN when people call them out.

I really don’t think that weird or shitty is a female specific behavior, personally I’ve heard of far more weird/shitty dudes. I think that with fat activists though, some are super self absorbed, others are just ignorant as hell.

• stkitty likes this

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#148 Abbey84

Abbey84

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2397 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:15 AM

And even when it is like anorexia it’s usually not like “I saw a skinny model in a magazine guess I’ll starve to be PrEtTY” like people in HAES want to think it is. We can’t cure this just by looking at body positivity websites. For me it’s more like “bones=self control, fat=the opposite”. Fucked but what can you do? If this was all just about not being obese, wouldn’t people not care to lose weight past a BMI of 20?

Agreed. And no you most definitely cannot be cured by "body positivity" quite the opposite. Honestly looking at those people plus they're shitty attitude makes me starve more.

And there's no shortage of them, I wonder why there's been so many relapses since obesity becomes more common.
CW 80lbs bmi 16.2 gw 78lbs

#149 ConfusedLizzie

ConfusedLizzie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:29 PM

not fatphobic

that's like saying that fat people are skinny shamers for existing. It makes no sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users