This is ridiculous - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

This is ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

#1 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:16 PM

How can I be having under 1000 and gaining. Previously wasn’t gaining on around 1200 now all this gain. This is really getting to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • GloriousThorn and stkitty like this

#2 2far2L8

2far2L8

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:26 PM

Check your thyroid.

Also constipation? Too much information sorry.

That's all I can think of sorry couldn't be more help.

Please try to stay safe and take care.
  • IHateYou, firelord ozai, ugh27 and 2 others like this

#3 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • LocationColorado

im guessing 1k cals?? Im guessing its water weight as you didn't state how many pounds over what length of time... You really didn't give enough info for a proper response.....

• firelord ozai, ugh27, Heavybones and 1 other like this

<p>Dream Believe you will succeed-Scott Stapp--
Height 5-9
Weight-112

gw:100

ugh:98

#4 Barbie The Wire

Barbie The Wire

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

How much water are you drinking?Are you consuming low calorie fiber?It could be constipation or dehydration causing bloating. Sometimes on a low calorie diet that can happen.Try to get a speed walk in there.What are you consuming?Are you eating dairy or bread?Are you eating protein and carbs?
  • ugh27 likes this

#5 Barbie The Wire

Barbie The Wire

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:27 PM

Maybe try drinking peppermint tea.I hope that helps!
  • xiare and ugh27 like this

#6 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:38 PM

4a8fc51064d9624a09dea5c48e00d3ad.png
1e943735ece7499315cf0150d072a6f3.png

#7 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:40 PM

How much water are you drinking?Are you consuming low calorie fiber?It could be constipation or dehydration causing bloating. Sometimes on a low calorie diet that can happen.Try to get a speed walk in there.What are you consuming?Are you eating dairy or bread?Are you eating protein and carbs?

I walk most days 9-12 miles. And drink well enough although an odd diet fizz but I’ve had that before weight gain and during weight loss and never effected me

#8 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:41 PM

im guessing 1k cals?? Im guessing its water weight as you didn't state how many pounds over what length of time... You really didn't give enough info for a proper response.....

Sorry there’s the stats

#9 MaladaptiveDreamer

MaladaptiveDreamer

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1678 posts
  • Locationdreamland

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:05 PM

if you mean 1000 calories that must be food or water weight. i saw the stats you posted. do you purge or use laxatives regularly? if not, are you at a very lw? if not, i would go to the doctor and get your thyroid checked. you could also be plateauing which is quite common 

• ugh27 likes this

HW: 87ish kg/191ish lbs 

LW: 48 kg/105 lbs 

CW: ?  

GW: 45 kg/99 lbs 

UGW: <38.5 kg/84 lbs 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

#10 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3880 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:09 PM

Accidental double post

#11 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3880 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:09 PM

If you're walking that much it's probably water retention.

Overexercise causes muscles to retain water in order to recover. Take a few rest days off from the long walks, do some stretching or maybe some light yoga, and try an epsom salt bath.

If none of that helps, talk to a doctor
  • firelord ozai, 2BeThinEnough and ugh27 like this

#12 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:43 PM

if you mean 1000 calories that must be food or water weight. i saw the stats you posted. do you purge or use laxatives regularly? if not, are you at a very lw? if not, i would go to the doctor and get your thyroid checked. you could also be plateauing which is quite common

No just restricted to this weight

#13 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:44 PM

If you're walking that much it's probably water retention.

Overexercise causes muscles to retain water in order to recover. Take a few rest days off from the long walks, do some stretching or maybe some light yoga, and try an epsom salt bath.

I’ve been walking a lot daily for quite some time. Why would it have a different impact now?

If none of that helps, talk to a doctor

#14 StillUnwritten

StillUnwritten

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • 1403 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:02 PM

I feel you OP. And here people thought I was lying when I said that it happened to me. For me it’s all about the composition of the food. I have to basically eat pure protein in order to lose. Carbs will make me gain immediately even at levels much less than 1000 but I can probably eat more than 1000 cal in protein and be fine even if there is some fat-I typically don’t want to eat that much though LOL so not really sure. Try cutting out the carbohydrates completely. All carbs including fruit so that your blood sugar will stabilize and your hunger will go down. If you have already illuminated carbs try cutting back on fat. This is almost 100% guaranteed to work-And on top of that you will feel better. By doing it that’s why I have no symptoms or side effects from restriction. I would also make sure you are doing your own investigation on the accuracy of nutrition labels and regards to calories and especially carbs because it could be that you were counting absolutely correctly but you happen to eat a lot of food that tend to be super wrong on the nutrition label
  • Revelation🎉, ugh27 and A True Queen like this

#15 ugh27

ugh27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:12 PM

I feel you OP. And here people thought I was lying when I said that it happened to me. For me it’s all about the composition of the food. I have to basically eat pure protein in order to lose. Carbs will make me gain immediately even at levels much less than 1000 but I can probably eat more than 1000 cal in protein and be fine even if there is some fat-I typically don’t want to eat that much though LOL so not really sure. Try cutting out the carbohydrates completely. All carbs including fruit so that your blood sugar will stabilize and your hunger will go down. If you have already illuminated carbs try cutting back on fat. This is almost 100% guaranteed to work

Like how many grams of carbs do u recommended

• xColdx likes this

#16 StillUnwritten

StillUnwritten

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • 1403 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:30 PM

Like how many grams of carbs do u recommended

I don’t tend to go above 10, mayyyybe 15 at the very most per day. I mostly eat lean meat (beware of condiments and sauces because you can very very easily get several days worth of carbs just from regular ketchup) end prepared low carb foods like smart cakes which are zero carb. I also drink isopure zero carb protein powder with unsweetened almond milk You also have to be careful of hidden carbs like sugar alcohols such as maltitol, xylitol, etc. that are commonly in foods that are incorrectly labeled sugar-free or low carb but In reality are the same thing as sugar. A lot of brands will also label things as fiber that are really digestible carbohydrates. Perfect examples of this would be the ‘45 cal’ Sara Lee bread and other similar items. It sounds complicated but it’s actually very easy once you get into it, gets absolutely the best weight loss results, stops binges, and makes you feel a lot better so it’s totally worth it
  • ugh27 and sickfaerie like this

#17 Ava Guinevere

Ava Guinevere

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:50 PM

I feel you OP. And here people thought I was lying when I said that it happened to me. For me it’s all about the composition of the food. I have to basically eat pure protein in order to lose. Carbs will make me gain immediately even at levels much less than 1000 but I can probably eat more than 1000 cal in protein and be fine even if there is some fat-I typically don’t want to eat that much though LOL so not really sure. Try cutting out the carbohydrates completely. All carbs including fruit so that your blood sugar will stabilize and your hunger will go down. If you have already illuminated carbs try cutting back on fat. This is almost 100% guaranteed to work-And on top of that you will feel better. By doing it that’s why I have no symptoms or side effects from restriction. I would also make sure you are doing your own investigation on the accuracy of nutrition labels and regards to calories and especially carbs because it could be that you were counting absolutely correctly but you happen to eat a lot of food that tend to be super wrong on the nutrition label

Bloat/ water weight is not real weight and it's how normal people think they're losing weight by cutting out carbs. It's like 'don't exercise as much'- doing stuff simply to stop yourself from bloating when the weight isn't real isn't very smart. Cutting out carbs simply because you're afraid of false weight isn't very productive and the more you cut, based on 'loss; via macro elimination, the more you increase your risk of side effects and binging. You will not lose actual weight unless you were eating far more in calories in those carbs than you were accounting for.

No one is lying or out to make you gain weight.

• firelord ozai, 2BeThinEnough, LazyAnorexic™ and 14 others like this

Oh, wait. I just realized I don't care.

#18 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:02 PM

Can you tell us what you have on a standard day?

As someone said, it might be the types of foods.
  • ugh27 likes this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#19 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3880 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 03:13 AM

Bloat/ water weight is not real weight and it's how normal people think they're losing weight by cutting out carbs. It's like 'don't exercise as much'- doing stuff simply to stop yourself from bloating when the weight isn't real isn't very smart. Cutting out carbs simply because you're afraid of false weight isn't very productive and the more you cut, based on 'loss; via macro elimination, the more you increase your risk of side effects and binging. You will not lose actual weight unless you were eating far more in calories in those carbs than you were accounting for.

No one is lying or out to make you gain weight.

I would respectfully disagree and say it is smart to take a rest day from exercise once in awhile.

Doing it just to lose water weight may not be the smart reason to do it, but doing it for muscle recovery/your health is a good thing.
  • ugh27, 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑐𝑦𝑛𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑒, Chris404 and 4 others like this

#20 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2535 posts
  • Locationsleeping

Posted 29 May 2021 - 06:29 AM

I don’t tend to go above 10, mayyyybe 15 at the very most per day. I mostly eat lean meat (beware of condiments and sauces because you can very very easily get several days worth of carbs just from regular ketchup) end prepared low carb foods like smart cakes which are zero carb. I also drink isopure zero carb protein powder with unsweetened almond milk You also have to be careful of hidden carbs like sugar alcohols such as maltitol, xylitol, etc. that are commonly in foods that are incorrectly labeled sugar-free or low carb but In reality are the same thing as sugar. A lot of brands will also label things as fiber that are really digestible carbohydrates. Perfect examples of this would be the ‘45 cal’ Sara Lee bread and other similar items. It sounds complicated but it’s actually very easy once you get into it, gets absolutely the best weight loss results, stops binges, and makes you feel a lot better so it’s totally worth it

don’t you mean mannitol? the sweetener in sugar free gum
  • ugh27 and rivversflowing like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users