Purging and having kids - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Purging and having kids

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:13 PM

Does anyone here purge regularly but have children? How do you hide it from them? Do you think they know and do they understand you have an ED?

#2 langweilig

langweilig

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Locationdiet mountain dew baby new york city

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:19 PM

ok i don’t completely fit in but i want to add in that one of the main ways kids learn is by seeing and copying. so i don’t think that kids, especially young kids but kids in general, have enough knowledge and realization that what you’re doing is bad and that they shouldn’t. it’s hard to prevent monkey see monkey do, even at an older age :/

#3 Uhdicted

Uhdicted

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1926 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:20 PM

Honestly when I was purging constantly in 2017 it was so hard to hide. My kids just though I was sick all the time and I let them believe that. Now that they’re older and I’ve gotten in the habit of doing it again I try to spit while their at school or after they’ve gone to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw:175

cw:115

gw:110

starting bmi:26.6

current bmi:17.8

i DoNt ThInK i CaN sToP

22Hhm7.png

giphy.gif
I cuss a lot

#4 Uhdicted

Uhdicted

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1926 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:22 PM

I’ve also began trying to eat around that schedule and then just pretend I’m too busy cleaning to eat at the moment. Give everyone they’re dinner then take like a bite or two and then start cleaning up the kitchen mess and be like oh I’ll finish it later. I have two daughters so I try really hard to hide it.

sw:175

cw:115

gw:110

starting bmi:26.6

current bmi:17.8

i DoNt ThInK i CaN sToP

22Hhm7.png

giphy.gif
I cuss a lot

#5 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:35 PM

ok i don’t completely fit in but i want to add in that one of the main ways kids learn is by seeing and copying. so i don’t think that kids, especially young kids but kids in general, have enough knowledge and realization that what you’re doing is bad and that they shouldn’t. it’s hard to prevent monkey see monkey do, even at an older age :/

100% agree which is why I think it's so important to try and hide it as much as possible.
  • langweilig likes this

#6 Kermitleggs

Kermitleggs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1992 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 June 2021 - 10:01 PM

my four year old follows me into the bathroom so i have to wait until he's at daycare or asleep

#7 loanesay

loanesay

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:46 PM

I have three kids and I lock the door. I’m a quiet purger though.

#8 TooMuchAdiposeTissueYUCK

TooMuchAdiposeTissueYUCK

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:00 PM

I have three and I purge quietly. Or so I thought until my daughter asked me if I was throwing up one day.

I just told her I wasn't feeling well.

I now play a show every single time and I am 100% cognitive of being quiet now. And I normally make sure it is when their father is home and they're distracted or they're watching TV.

Something to where they aren't trying to bug me in the bathroom. So they don't know. And I make sure to wash my face and walk out with a huge smile on my face or laughing or something silly. No matter how weak I feel after.

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using Tapatalk

Height: 5'5''

HW :unsure: : 216 (post preggo)

LW :) : 140.1 (been a fata** forever)

CW: 180.9

GW1: 160   GW2: 140 GW3: 120

UGW1: 110

UGW2: 100

UGW3  :D : 95

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users