Random, Unintentional Retching/Vomiting? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Random, Unintentional Retching/Vomiting?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 l8cy

l8cy

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationtwin peaks

Posted 03 June 2021 - 07:30 PM

Hiyo, I'm looking for medical advice, but don't worry, i understand that the best thing to do is go to a doctor; I have an appointment set up with my gp but it's not for a few months.

CW: emetophobia

So basically I'm having this issue where I am randomly overcome with the need/urge to vomit. It happens sometimes after I eat, but not always. It's worse when I'm anxious, and can get triggered by my ocd too.

It feels physically very similar to when I used to purge, except that I'm not sticking my fingers down my throat, and it's not intentional. It comes on like a sneeze, and then I have to run to the bathroom or grab a trash can.

It's not preventing me from getting sufficient nutrients or anything at this point, but it's starting to really impact my days. Plus with a history of anorexia b/p type, I know I'm prone to gastrointestinal issues.

My best guess is that it's either anxiety induced or psychogenic vomiting. But does this sound like something physically wrong could be going on here? I appreciate any advice or suggestions, thank you in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users