10 Day Fast With Post Fast Weight Check | completed - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

10 Day Fast With Post Fast Weight Check | completed

9 day 9 day fast

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:54 PM

So I started the fast half way through today but thought i'd fill in some background info.

Start: Monday 7th, 3:30pm

End: Thursday 17th, 3:30pm

Total Time: 10 days (240 hours)

Height: 153.5 cm

Beginning Weight: 170.4 lbs

End Weight: 156.4

Weight 1 week after breaking fast: 159

Total Loss: 11.4 

I was 167.6 lbs at my last regular weigh in (4 days ago) and have been restricting to 400 calories per day for the past month. for the last 4 days however, i've had 2150, 1150, 1525 and 1984 calories for each day due to birthday celebrations.

I am fasting for 10 days in total, though will be counting this in hours personally, so I will resume eating again mid day when the fast is over. I have quite a lot of experience in doing minimum 7 day fasts, so I don't feel as if it will be any more difficult than the times I have done it in the past. It's never easy of course, but not impossible. My intake will only be black coffee, water and salt. If i get /very/ sick I will take an electrolyte tablet.

I will update with my weight tomorrow, as well as my first day of progress. As I do with all fasts, I will also log the 7 days after I break my fast in this thread, to show a more accurate representation of my weight when food is in my system. 

• Choco_Bitch_612, crosszeria and lithesome like this

#2 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 June 2021 - 04:15 AM

Day One: Hour 18 of 216.

Weight: 170.4 lbs

The first day is always the easiest for me to be honest. I regularly see people saying it's one of the worst, but I do OMAD most days so i'm very used to not eating for 24 hours. I have some errands to do in town, gonna try to do all of the walking I need to do before I start to get weak.

• Choco_Bitch_612 likes this

#3 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:45 AM

Day Two: Hour 43 of 216.

Weight: 167.8 lbs

Started to get some weird cravings last night; pizza being one of them. Which is weird, because since relapsing into restriction the thought of how greasy and filling pizza is has repulsed me. Had an uh, very busy day spent on the toilet yesterday. Usually that kind of thing doesn't happen until day 3ish for me, so i was a little surprised lol.

Energy levels are good, feel normal so far.

#4 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:20 AM

Day Three: Hour 66 of 216.

Weight: 166.2 lbs

Just woke up an hour ago and yep, the fasting symptoms are hitting me in full swing now. Headache, dizziness when standing up, irritability. My energy is still actually ok, though I expect that to change by the time the evening comes around.

#5 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:04 PM

Day Four: Hour 98 of 216.

Weight: 164 lbs

Phew, today is a struggle. Hunger isn't a problem. I do get an intense craving if i happen to see a food pic, but that's all it is, a craving. it goes away within 10 minutes.

My strength and energy levels have tanked though. Everything goes white when I stand up too quickly and i'm breathless from just walking up the stairs. I had to walk into my town earlier today to post a letter and had to stop on 2 benches for a 10 minute break between each one. I hope i feel a bit better tomorrow, because it doesn't bode well for me if i feel so weak when i haven't even broken 100 hours yet.

#6 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:50 AM

Day Five: Hour 114 of 216.

Weight: 162.2 lbs

Thankfully I do feel a lot better today! Obviously not 100%, but I can at least do a few basic tasks without being utterly exhausted.  I need to go on an errand again today in town and i'm kind of dreading it because I don't want to rock the boat with how i'm feeling, but it needs to be done. I'm really impressed with my weightloss though! I wasn't expecting to lose so fast. I know it's water weight, but I usually don't lose this fast this quickly while fasting so it's cool to see.

• Guest484 likes this

#7 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 June 2021 - 01:16 PM

Day Six: Hour 147 of 240.

Weight: 160.2 lbs

Again i woke up and actually felt super normal, which was great. I'm almost out of the 160s! I made a fatal error though; it's an extremely hot day and i went for a 40 minute walk without being properly hydrated. Had to sit on the sidewalk so many times because i thought i was going to pass out. I did make it home though, and feel a lot better after some salt.

I also decided to extend my fast from 9 days to 10, so there's that  :D

#8 char-t

char-t

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 01:53 PM

Hey well done on your fast.
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#9 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:16 AM

Hey well done on your fast.

thank you!

#10 Unicorn SS

Unicorn SS

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:44 AM

This is insanely impressive, stay safe and take your vitamins
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#11 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:57 AM

Day Seven: Hour 166 of 240.

Weight: 159 lbs

Finally out of the 160s oh my god!!!! this means I am ONLY 4.2 POUNDS AWAY FROM NO LONGER BEING OBESE! That's been my major goal that i've been working towards all these months so i'm extremely happy to almost be there. The goal after that is to go from overweight BMI to healthy BMI, which is 26 pounds. I just can't believe i'm so close, it all feels like a dream.

I actually feel pretty weak today, but i think it's being caused by the weather. It's VERY hot and my hayfever is going crazy. it's annoying because i once again have errands i need to run but i'm going to have to postpone them.

#12 char-t

char-t

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:09 AM

Omg I'm so happy you're under 160
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#13 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 June 2021 - 12:05 PM

Day Eight: Hour 194 of 240.

Weight: 157.8 lbs

So uh, yesterday after I posted my update I had a pretty bad episode  :D  I was cutting up some steak for my cats that I had cooked and suddenly the smell started to make me nauseous. I tried to ignore it but it got worse and worse, even looking at the steak started to make me feel sick. I also started to get very lightheaded and find it hard to stand too, so I sat down and tried to wait until I felt better.... yeah, within about 30 seconds I was running to the toilet because I needed to puke so badly. I uh.... didn't make it. And it came out of both ends  :D  a very weird experience that I haven't had while fasting before. It's weird because I felt completely fine afterwards.

Today was ok, was quite tired but nothing extreme. Was able to focus on stuff I needed to do reasonably well. Honestly though, I'm just starting to dread the plateau this fast will probably put me in for the rest of the month.

• Anamia. likes this

#14 Sëraphïm

Sëraphïm

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:42 PM

I'm weighing st 170lbs and you ar editing me motivation to start
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#15 Anamia.

Anamia.

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5687 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 June 2021 - 12:40 AM

You’re almost there!!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
  • DIETTEARS likes this

tumblr static tumblr static filename focused V3

Height: 5'55 

HW:200
SW:166
CW: been stuck in the 120s like

UGW: 90 

Maintenance Goal: Staying in the range of the 40kgs (90-105ish lbs). BMI 16 probs the sweet spot.

2021 Accountability: https://www.myproana.../#entry75235121

2020-2021 Older Accountability: https://www.myproana...tarving-artist/

Affirmations: 

I am worthy of abundance in my life. (Just not in regards to fat on my body okay I want that fat-free female figure.)
Opportunities are always attracted to me and I am always presented with them at the right time.
I am worthy of financial security and financial abundance.

Gave up recovery and the idea of recovering.

I'm not so naiive as to believe that reaching my UGW would be ultimate happiness,

but it is so much easier to be sad and underweight than it is to be fat and depressed.

#16 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:30 AM

Day Nine: Hour ? of 240.

Weight: 157.6 lbs

(I totally forgot to post this yesterday, sorry! Just gonna write the post as if it's still yesterday )

Kinda sad about only being 0.2 lbs down but I think my body is trying to pass a solid BM and that's the reason my loss is so low; i've had a little bit of the stomach pain that I have gotten in the past when i've been constipated. Had a suuuper busy day. Once again I had to brave walking out during the middle of a heatwave, and phew. Let me tell you that being a ginger who has fainted in the past to the most mildest of heat + being 9 days into a fast is not a good combination for walking. I was ok for the most part, but on the way home i started to get a lot of shortness of breath and I was absolutely shattered when I got back. 

I picked up some groceries for when I break the fast in the evening, thankfully I got a ride to go do that :) Gonna have a little bit of watermelon, some fresh salad and some salmon. I hope i'm able to eat again without much issue; I'm a little bit anxious of throwing up, so i'm definitely going to spread my food out a bit through the day.

#17 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 June 2021 - 12:28 PM

Day Ten: Fast Complete!
Weight: 156.4 lbs
Intake: 500 calories

Fast is finally over! I hit 156.4 this morning, which means i'm down 14 lbs in total!

I broke my fast pretty slowly; had some watermelon slices and a cold matcha latte made with unsweetened oat milk. Laid down for an hour and let my stomach settle a bit and get used to having calories in it. It felt really good to be honest. Made summer rolls for dinner and omg, they were delicious. The saltiness of the salmon was so amazing. It was my first time making them and i was super impressed! Pic below for those interested.

I will of course, keep updating the thread with weigh ins to stay accountable during the refeeding process and to monitor my weight fluctuations. Kinda sucks knowing that tomorrow I will weigh more than I did today, but I know it's all just water weight. I'm hoping that in 7 days time I will at least be that the weight I am today again. :)

Spoiler

#18 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 June 2021 - 01:35 PM

Day Eleven: One day post fast
Weight: 157 lbs (+0.6)
Intake: 400 calories

Today I pretty much ate the same thing as I did yesterday, but I swapped out the matcha latte for some edamame and baby cucumbers. It was reaaaally difficult to eat at first, I had to force myself to do it tbh. Now that it's later in the evening though, i'm feeling genuinely hungry. I kind of hate that because I never usually feel hungry at all. I expect i'll probably keep gaining until monday, i'm not sure. Trying to focus more on rebuilding my strength than on my weight right now.

#19 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:28 AM

Day Twelve: Two days post fast
Weight: 158 lbs (+1)
Intake: 600 calories

Had baked salmon, asparagus and edamame today. It was SO insanely good. I don't know if it would usually taste this good as i've never actually made it before, but it feels like everything I eat post fast just tastes amazing. I swear I get like a 2 hour dopamine hit too, i'm just so zen after I eat. It's crazy what food does to your body.

My water intake has been bad, I need to up it. It's difficult to drink water now that i'm eating again for some reason.

#20 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 June 2021 - 03:25 PM

Day Thirteen: Three days post fast
Weight: 157.8 lbs (-0.2)
Intake: 550 calories

Was a little surprised to not have gained again today. I also finally got my period, which is several days late at this point. I'm expecting fasting probably caused that? I felt awfully bloated and gross all day, but hopefully that will have passed a bit by tomorrow.

I went for a meal to a pub for fathers day; luckily for me, they had an ultra low calorie option. It's a 'buffalo wing' salad (the wings are actually made out of cauliflower). It was VERY tasty actually and I really did enjoy it a lot. (I didn't use the included sauce, obviously). The nutritional information page on the pubs website claims the meal itself is 300 calories which i'm guessing is not including the sauce, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and overestimated at 400 because it's not like these places are delicately portioning each meal out to be calorie consistent lol. I also had some low fat houmous and cucumber when I got home because I started to get a little hungry.

I just wanted to throw in that everything I eat tastes so good now. Fasting really reset my palette; I don't want or crave anything that isn't fresh or healthy at the minute, every vegetable I eat i feel nourishing my body. It's just so nice. It's truly the best i've felt in quite a while and i feel so satiated from such little food. Pics are included below!

Spoiler

• snufkincore likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 9 day, 9 day fast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users