Heat Exhaustion - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Heat Exhaustion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 strawbunny

strawbunny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:34 AM

It's so hot lately and where I live there is high humidity even at night. Woke up the past couple days and was drenched in sweat, thought it was just my two blankets. Today I woke up and immediately was hit with severe dizziness, didn't even want to get up. I made my way to the bathroom and vomited (nothing in my stomach thank goodness). I haven't thrown up in years so this sucked. I realized I had heat exhaustion when I went back to my room and saw my vents were covered smh.. had lots of Gatorade and Zofran and I'm feeling back to normal.

Anyone else have heat exhaustion before?

Please be safe in this heat <3

5'0 | anxious

HW : 140.4

LW : 105

CW : 128

GW : 125

UGW : 105

#2 bone_app_the_teeth

bone_app_the_teeth

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Locationsouth asia

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:22 AM

i know how you feel. i live in the tropics and it's hot and humid all year around with temperatures reach 45 degree celcius and it sucks.

try loading up liquids like water, stuff like sugar cane juice and coconut water. also keep your windows open and ensure you have good ventilation and circulation going all the time and wear loser clothes. 

hope you get to feel better soon <3

• strawbunny likes this

4b60e3c35ed118aaa164de4084a8efbaadfeec9a

#3 strawbunny

strawbunny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:32 AM

i know how you feel. i live in the tropics and it's hot and humid all year around with temperatures reach 45 degree celcius and it sucks.

try loading up liquids like water, stuff like sugar cane juice and coconut water. also keep your windows open and ensure you have good ventilation and circulation going all the time and wear loser clothes. 

hope you get to feel better soon <3

That heat sounds horrible I'm so sorry ! I'll definitely take your advice lol I've never had sugar cane juice but that sounds amazing, thanks so much <3

5'0 | anxious

HW : 140.4

LW : 105

CW : 128

GW : 125

UGW : 105

#4 MsUnderstood

MsUnderstood

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:56 PM

I had heat stroke once, never felt so bad in my life! Good news was I didnt eat for a week lol. No exercise either as couldn't stand without passing out.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk
  • strawbunny likes this

If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users