Opinions On Trigger Warnings? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Opinions On Trigger Warnings?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1473 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:33 AM

It’s quite simple for me personally as someone who has undergone anorexia nervosa myself. i mean. evidently. this is a site were people with eating disorders have sought out comfort

anyhow. it’s nonsense to me really. everyone knows if you have an eating disorder you’re going to purposefully trigger yourself either way. not to mention if you can’t handle social media or sites online as a whole don’t go on. another aspect to this issue is the world isn’t a trigger warning. even in recovery, which i’m in? no ones going to get better with the world holding their hand. you have to find ways to cope because once you’re out in the real world not a lot of people give a shit. unfortunate? yes. but true. also we all know eating disorders are all consuming. well their all consuming to the people around you. of course calling someone fat or purposefully triggering someone is fucked up. but simple things or comments that are triggering. it happens and i refuse to whine about it, you know? it’s my responsibility and people have been through hell and back for me. now it’s my turn. cope, find ways to react or manage triggers, etc. it’s always going to be their and it’s no one else’s responsibility

that’s something i go by in recovery. we don’t have to be the demi lovato of our home. if you want to overcome it that’s how you do it and even if you don’t want to recover it’s still not someone else’s issue. don’t project for a simple comment made. your ed is yours and you not wanting to get better is you. but people have lives and it isn’t surrounded by what we’ve dealt with. people are loving and supportive but that doesn’t mean they still can’t express themselves.

i’d love to hear other perspectives because i know some agree wholeheartedly and others think tw are good. ofc some are necessary but not for every little thing, video, or comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • RumHam, FallenClover, dandan and 6 others like this

#2 dylanisnolongerdyingsadly

dylanisnolongerdyingsadly

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1687 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:43 AM

I agree.. to a degree.

I think in terms of ED a warning on a video of a girl showing off her old body checks, personally I think a warning would be nice. I wouldn’t go crazy if not but it is just nice, yknow?

But then some people go as far to trigger warning FOOD.
That really angers me.
I’ll post my food somewhere and someone will tell me to put a trigger warning for people with anorexia.
It just makes me not wanna eat, because it makes food feel like it’s a bad thing..

I think for in general basic things like “Hey warning this video mentions rape, abuse, gore etc” is ok.

But people who want the world to cater to specific triggers? Cringe.
I get triggered by some things on here and while i do think certain things some might say on here is outright uncalled for, i think for the most part we should be able to express ourselves.

Like ppl randomly posting body checks in the general forums makes me like o.O off guard, but i’m not gonna yell at them, cuz it’s my responsibility to just click off and calm myself down.
  • Choco_Bitch_612, toxicbreastmilk, ChibiBunny and 5 others like this
I have been in recovery for a while. I am mostly recovered - I can handle most things but please just be kind ^^
I still have some bad habits, like bingeing and restricting, but I am actively trying to be better.
I am a doll collector and I love anime like sugar sugar rune and kodomo no jikan !!!
I don’t come on here often, but sometimes I come back to vent or read about how others have been.
Click below for some anime gifs !!

Spoiler

773427w34lc9wivu.gif

#3 eatmore

eatmore

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:46 AM

inb4 someone mentions "snowflakes".  :lol:

• ☆PaisleySky☆ and Choco_Bitch_612 like this

"Only then, after seeing the meatless, rewrapped sandwich, did Barbara understand that her husband had a very serious problem."

Stats

Spoiler

#4 Choco_Bitch_612

Choco_Bitch_612

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9241 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:48 AM

trigger warnings still exists in things like movies and tv shows. i believe they're necessary for those who need it.

not everyone w an ed actively participates in it, some are in recovery and really appreciate it.

obviously not every little thing needs a tw. diet-talk is very common in everyday life and i don't think any ed'd person expects it to go away bc of their own issues but some things do need a tw.

• cattime and greenteaeyebags like this
                                             tumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.gif                                                                                                        

H: 5'7.5 LW: 150 (2014) SW: 158 (2014)  HW: 216 (Dec. 2019..that's embarrassing) CW: 188.8

tenor.gif

Tumblrhttps://pastxlblues.tumblr.com/

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ednos.bitch/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ednospoison 

Gw 1: 190 lbs (86 kg) BMI - 29.3

Gw 2: 180 lbs (82 kg) BMI - 27.8

Gw 3: 170 lbs (77 kg) BMI - 26.2

Gw 4: 160 lbs (73 kg) BMI - 24.7

Gw 5: 150 lbs (68 kg) BMI - 23.1

Gw 6: 140 lbs (64 kg) BMI - 21.6

Gw 7: 130 lbs (59 kg) BMI - 20.1

Gw 8: 120 lbs (54 kg) BMI - 18.5

UGW: 114 lbs(51 kg) BMI - 17.6 

MAINTAIN BETWEEN 107-114

tumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.gif 

Effy & Pandora 

Spoiler

Anime stuff

Spoiler

Korra stuff

Spoiler

Weight loss stuff

Spoiler

#5 auroraangel

auroraangel

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:49 AM

Honestly, this isn't an easy question. For myself, I am pretty much desensitized to most things so I don't really have any opinion on trigger warnings in my own life. I think for some extreme things, they are necessary, but as far as eating disorders go, it's a strange concept. I've seen a lot of people putting "TW-- food" on videos and honestly, I believe that is dangerous. If you are at a point where food is triggering to you, that's definitely a sign you need to seek help.

Everyone has things that set them off/trigger them. Absolutely, it's true. But if you have oddly specific triggers, that's something you can't avoid and you need to deal with that internally. Even if you put the trigger warning, people still click and watch and complain anyway. It's just the nature of things. That's why it gets so complicated.

When it comes to trigger warnings and ED recovery, your journey must be self directed. If someone struggling with an ED triggers you to go back to your old ways, I think that's something you need to take a step back and examine internally. Our triggers can be used to examine and grow ourselves and progress forward. I think a lot of people I have seen have been using triggers to hold themselves back, or as an excuse to throw their hands up and say they can't do it. As an excuse to stay where they are. That's my only problem.

I could care less if you put a trigger warning or not, I think everyone is entitled to their own life and to do what they feel is necessary to their own happiness and the well being of others that will be consuming said content, with that being said, I don't necessarily agree with people becoming reliant on trigger warnings so much that they cannot possibly survive outside the internet. 

• Choco_Bitch_612 and dandan like this

#6 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1473 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:49 AM

inb4 someone mentions "snowflakes". :lol:

not in this thread. the trauma of my dad using snowflake for everything it’s just my opinion i wouldn’t be degrading and say snowflake more like indulged in themselves. or making others uncomfortable at the expense of their own issues

#7 Choco_Bitch_612

Choco_Bitch_612

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9241 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:50 AM

inb4 someone mentions "snowflakes".  :lol:

"ppl these days are such snowflakes !1!!!11 back in my day, we drank bl00d for breakfast!!1!!11"

• rivversflowing and auroraangel like this

H: 5'7.5 LW: 150 (2014) SW: 158 (2014)  HW: 216 (Dec. 2019..that's embarrassing) CW: 188.8

tenor.gif

Tumblrhttps://pastxlblues.tumblr.com/

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ednos.bitch/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ednospoison 

Gw 1: 190 lbs (86 kg) BMI - 29.3

Gw 2: 180 lbs (82 kg) BMI - 27.8

Gw 3: 170 lbs (77 kg) BMI - 26.2

Gw 4: 160 lbs (73 kg) BMI - 24.7

Gw 5: 150 lbs (68 kg) BMI - 23.1

Gw 6: 140 lbs (64 kg) BMI - 21.6

Gw 7: 130 lbs (59 kg) BMI - 20.1

Gw 8: 120 lbs (54 kg) BMI - 18.5

UGW: 114 lbs(51 kg) BMI - 17.6 

MAINTAIN BETWEEN 107-114

Effy & Pandora 

Spoiler

Anime stuff

Spoiler

Korra stuff

Spoiler

Weight loss stuff

Spoiler

#8 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:00 PM

I think general trigger warnings can be good for people. I know people seek out triggers, I do myself, but I’ve seen people leave comments on certain videos with trigger warnings saying they appreciated the youtuber’s effort but that they’d skip the video because of the trigger warnings for their own safety. So, evidently there are also people who it genuinely helps stay safe.

That being said I don’t agree with trigger warnings for things you can’t avoid in everyday life or like stupidly specific stuff like you said like TW Food or anything like that. What’s next? TW Parents? TW Father? For all of us with daddy issues lmao. Overdoing it will just lead to it having less and less of an impact. The word trigger in itself lost a lot of its value because of people using it for anything and everything, while it’s a genuine term used in psychology.

So basically: I think trigger warnings are a good thing, just don’t overdo it or it becomes nonsensical, and also come to terms with the fact that some people will use it to trigger themselves but that’s on themselves and almost never on the creator (unless they like romanticise dangerous stuff).
  • dandan, fairies, BabyBo and 2 others like this

HW:69,5 kg

CW:-

GW1:64,0 kg 

GW2:62,0 kg 

💜 GW3:60,0 kg 💜

GW4:58,0 kg

GW5:56,0 kg

GW6:55,0 kg

💜 UGW:53,0 kg 💜

Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place.

Hearts for April:

💜💜💜💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Hearts for May:

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#9 fairies

fairies

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5871 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:08 PM

I think it’s necessary for some things, but just that it’s been taken too far these days and kind of lost all meaning like I need trigger warnings for certain things or it will cause me intrusive thoughts, I will get into a hysterical state, it might even make me want to hurt or kill myself and it’s things that are obviously something that’s triggering and not something you would ever likely see in real life. I get the world doesn’t “hold your hand,” but when it comes to seeing something distressing that I and no one else needs to see or be exposed to without a trigger warning then I think it’s different.

I think there’s a difference between ED content on this site being triggering because you’re on a site called myproana like people know what they’re getting into and they’re prepared to potentially be triggered or doing it intentionally whereas not being prepared for triggers can cause people who have PTSD like me severe distress. I think people have watered down trigger warnings though to the point where it’s like something that would maybe mildly upset someone and trigger warning everything in the world and things that are unavoidable. Also, a trigger coming out of nowhere is more distressing to me than having the warning and decision to whether I can handle watching something that might trigger me for example.

I also hate the food trigger warning that people do because I don’t think that’s good for anyone and I actually don’t see how that helps people with EDs to trigger warn food because it just makes the association that food = bad more in our minds and it’s not like most of us don’t think and talk about food really often anyway. It’s also not helpful to people who could potentially become disordered especially younger people who are more impressionable.
  • rivversflowing and inevitablestarvation like this

#10 rivversflowing

rivversflowing

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:09 PM

That being said I don’t agree with trigger warnings for things you can’t avoid in everyday life or like stupidly specific stuff like you said like TW Food or anything like that. What’s next? TW Parents? TW Father? For all of us with daddy issues lmao. Overdoing it will just lead to it having less and less of an impact. The word trigger in itself lost a lot of its value because of people using it for anything and everything, while it’s a genuine term used in psychology.

I use a content warning instead of trigger warnings for things like that. Food is something I commonly CW on sites like this one, but I'm not just gonna do it in everyday life on a non-eating disorder related platform. When I go to an eating disorder space, I know that a whole lot of people in the space are triggered by food. On my personal Instagram, that's not a concern because only a few people who follow me will be triggered by that. It's unnecessary to cater to the 1% of a group when it's a trigger they're going to have to deal with for the rest of their life. I know that a lot of people think it equates food to a bad thing, and I think that doesn't really fully represent how things could trigger someone. Not everything that triggers someone is bad. There are certain songs that are extremely common triggers and I don't think it's right to consider them bad just because they're triggers.

hydrate h*e

#11 percy

percy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Location3rd circle of hell

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:15 PM

I think with triggers you tag the main ones such as rape and gore and then after that you kind of judge based on the people around you. I remember on tumblr I would see people tag #tw scopophobia and I started doing it too, but then I realised why do that if none of my followers have that phobia? If someone had asked me to do it, I would start doing it again, if they themselves needed it. My point is there's no use in needlessly tagging things unless someone asks you to do it in which case then it's the polite thing to do. 

• fairies, butterflyparadise, VV0lpert1nger and 1 other like this

#12 BabyBo

BabyBo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:38 PM

honestly after reading these replies i have nothing much to add. you’ve all hit the nail on the head ! i personally find TWs really really useful, sometimes i’ll pause a video and take a moment to breathe and prepare, sometimes i’ll skip altogether; so they’re definitely useful.

i agree that TWs should be broad, any nitpicking of triggers is just bizarre and honestly just impractical
  • VV0lpert1nger and Dollhouse Cat like this

zz5xp1.png?t=1&ND4SZTwo

1_by_akreon-d4xen5k.gif                                            

#13 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1473 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:54 PM

I think it’s necessary for some things, but just that it’s been taken too far these days and kind of lost all meaning like I need trigger warnings for certain things or it will cause me intrusive thoughts, I will get into a hysterical state, it might even make me want to hurt or kill myself and it’s things that are obviously something that’s triggering and not something you would ever likely see in real life. I get the world doesn’t “hold your hand,” but when it comes to seeing something distressing that I and no one else needs to see or be exposed to without a trigger warning then I think it’s different.

I think there’s a difference between ED content on this site being triggering because you’re on a site called myproana like people know what they’re getting into and they’re prepared to potentially be triggered or doing it intentionally whereas not being prepared for triggers can cause people who have PTSD like me severe distress. I think people have watered down trigger warnings though to the point where it’s like something that would maybe mildly upset someone and trigger warning everything in the world and things that are unavoidable. Also, a trigger coming out of nowhere is more distressing to me than having the warning and decision to whether I can handle watching something that might trigger me for example.

I also hate the food trigger warning that people do because I don’t think that’s good for anyone and I actually don’t see how that helps people with EDs to trigger warn food because it just makes the association that food = bad more in our minds and it’s not like most of us don’t think and talk about food really often anyway. It’s also not helpful to people who could potentially become disordered especially younger people who are more impressionable.

i completely agree with most of your points. things such as sexual assault / rape and so on but particularly with eating disorders — people have taken it to such an extent others don’t care and see it as an annoyance it makes eds look like whiny people — when it’s not

• skinnydreams2212 likes this

#14 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2361 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:11 PM

I think with eating disorders TW's its a little more challenging because there's SO MUCH overlap of what's disordered and what's healthy....and unfortunately there are normal, perfectly fine aspects of daily life that can be considered triggers for people with ED's. That's not something that can be policed. 

We are conditioned to see food, different sized bodies, etc, every single day. Those things that are a part of normalized society do not need trigger warnings. I expect to see all types of bodies and skimpy clothes and food and calories, etc. Unlike Demi Lovato, I expect to see sugar free options, fat free options, etc. I expect to see my triggers every day because SOCIETY is a fucking trigger to me. 

Now, what I don't expect to see every day is a girl in the middle of the mall, stomach and legs and arms exposed, actively body checking herself in the window of a store. That kind of shit needs a TW, minimum in my opinion. I don't expect for someone to walk in front of me with a tri-fold cut out poster board with pictures of rice cakes and diet cokes and tape measures with the title "If you know, you know." 

But I also think people have a responsibility. I was off social media for MONTHS until I learned coping strategies. Hell I avoided going to grocery stores and clothing stores or anything with a mirror. 

With all things - balance is needed. 

• ChibiBunny and inevitablestarvation like this

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#15 ☆PaisleySky☆

☆PaisleySky☆

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1679 posts
  • LocationPNW🌲

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:15 PM

I don’t really see why people are so anti-trigger warning. Adding one is a lot less inconvenient for us than the consequences might be for a vulnerable person caught off guard by triggering content. And yes, of course coping mechanisms are important - everyone is bound to encounter triggering content in the real world and ideally people should be working toward distress tolerance and exposure therapy. However, that doesn’t happen overnight. You don’t teach someone to swim by tossing them into deep water without a life jacket, ya know? We have no idea where someone might be at psychologically. Coping mechanisms need to be learned and practiced in a safe, stable environment before they can be used effectively in surprise situations, and sometimes a TW/CW doesn’t serve as an indication that the content should be avoided, but rather prepare someone that they will need to practice their coping mechanism. It’s easier to just put a damn TW on something sensitive than expect everyone in a fragile place to “toughen up”, and while some find it a minor annoyance, it isn’t worth the harm that might come to others.
I don’t see it as coddling - I see it as harm reduction and empathy. Yeah, there are SOME cases where people take it to an irrational level, sure. For example when I was in treatment there was a girl in my group who had recently gone through a bad breakup. She saw that I had pictures of my boyfriend (now husband) and I hung up, and requested that I take them down and not talk about him in group therapy conversations because it reminded her of her relationship with her ex. This seemed unreasonable to me because we literally lived together, he was my main source of support and asking me not to talk about my most significant interpersonal relationship could be detrimental to MY healing. You wouldn’t expect a teenager to avoid all mentions of their parents because someone else had abusive ones - you would just ask them to be mindful about future mentions of abuse. I took the pictures down because I felt bad that they upset her but told her that I HAD to talk about him occasionally in group, although I agreed to warn her in advance. I think situations like this are rare though - and honestly just giving her a heads up wasn’t a big deal to me. When it comes to TW or CW around discussions of numbers, self harm, assault etc on social media and recovery spaces, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect and just the considerate thing to do.
  • Choco_Bitch_612, fairies and VV0lpert1nger like this

5'2"

CW 🐳

LW 76 lbs

Recovery failure.

✨Watch my relapse here✨

#16 mn23

mn23

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1184 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:18 PM

i think tw should always be added on potentially triggering content. but whether or not people follow them is on them, not the creator

#17 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12730 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:26 PM

If people want to put trigger warnings on stuff, that’s cool, but I take issue with people who try to force others to put TWs on things or get mad at them when they don’t.
Literally ANYTHING is potentially triggering to someone. And I think it’s everyone’s individual responsibility to deal with their own triggers; let’s not put that burden on anyone else.

• FallenClover and inevitablestarvation like this

#18 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1473 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:08 PM

i think tw should always be added on potentially triggering content. but whether or not people follow them is on them, not the creator

definitely not everything. it shouldn’t be a force thing

#19 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1473 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

I don’t really see why people are so anti-trigger warning. Adding one is a lot less inconvenient for us than the consequences might be for a vulnerable person caught off guard by triggering content. And yes, of course coping mechanisms are important - everyone is bound to encounter triggering content in the real world and ideally people should be working toward distress tolerance and exposure therapy. However, that doesn’t happen overnight. You don’t teach someone to swim by tossing them into deep water without a life jacket, ya know? We have no idea where someone might be at psychologically. Coping mechanisms need to be learned and practiced in a safe, stable environment before they can be used effectively in surprise situations, and sometimes a TW/CW doesn’t serve as an indication that the content should be avoided, but rather prepare someone that they will need to practice their coping mechanism. It’s easier to just put a damn TW on something sensitive than expect everyone in a fragile place to “toughen up”, and while some find it a minor annoyance, it isn’t worth the harm that might come to others.
I don’t see it as coddling - I see it as harm reduction and empathy. Yeah, there are SOME cases where people take it to an irrational level, sure. For example when I was in treatment there was a girl in my group who had recently gone through a bad breakup. She saw that I had pictures of my boyfriend (now husband) and I hung up, and requested that I take them down and not talk about him in group therapy conversations because it reminded her of her relationship with her ex. This seemed unreasonable to me because we literally lived together, he was my main source of support and asking me not to talk about my most significant interpersonal relationship could be detrimental to MY healing. You wouldn’t expect a teenager to avoid all mentions of their parents because someone else had abusive ones - you would just ask them to be mindful about future mentions of abuse. I took the pictures down because I felt bad that they upset her but told her that I HAD to talk about him occasionally in group, although I agreed to warn her in advance. I think situations like this are rare though - and honestly just giving her a heads up wasn’t a big deal to me. When it comes to TW or CW around discussions of numbers, self harm, assault etc on social media and recovery spaces, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect and just the considerate thing to do.

Completely agree. when it comes to sexual assault, ptsd, etc but eating disorders are a bit different.

in the end we’re responsible and the world doesn’t have a trigger warning on it. my issue stems from how unreasonable it’s getting and how it’s “tw food” that’s so unnecessary and creates a stigma. we also make others uncomfortable and put things on them.

I hurt no i mean we all have hurt people we love because of our eds. it isn’t people shit to deal with and at this point I’d be tired of myself whining about every little Inconvenience

#20 ☆PaisleySky☆

☆PaisleySky☆

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1679 posts
  • LocationPNW🌲

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:32 PM

Completely agree. when it comes to sexual assault, ptsd, etc but eating disorders are a bit different.
in the end we’re responsible and the world doesn’t have a trigger warning on it. my issue stems from how unreasonable it’s getting and how it’s “tw food” that’s so unnecessary and creates a stigma. we also make others uncomfortable and put things on them.
I hurt no i mean we all have hurt people we love because of our eds. it isn’t people shit to deal with and at this point I’d be tired of myself whining about every little Inconvenience

Wait people put TWs on pics of food...? That’s pretty weird tbh I’ve never personally seen that before, only on things that mention numbers like calories/weight, references to purging and sometimes graphic before and after photos. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me but I guess if someone specifically reached out to me and explained that seeing food was a trigger I’d be willing to hear them out, however I wouldn’t think to TW food by default. I do see what you mean though, treating something generally universally benign like food as a taboo could possibly be read as enabling a fear of food and restrictive EDs. I wonder if this is more common among BED or BN (like food porn as a binge trigger?) and that’s why I haven’t heard of it.

5'2"

CW 🐳

LW 76 lbs

Recovery failure.

✨Watch my relapse here✨

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users