Going back to what works - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Going back to what works

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:29 PM

So there was a time when I was taking Restora probiotics and they were the only thing that has helped me lose weight rapidly. My only issue with it are the side effects, yes they take away hunger and you lose weight but while the probiotic sets on your body it gives you depression and sv!cidal thoughts for pretty much a whole month. But at this point I don't care I'm a fucking walking blob and I hate it.

Responses or not I will keep posting on this thread just to make myself conscious of how I let myself go and make myself ashamed everytime I stay the same or derail and gain.

Here we go!

H:5'3"
CW:94.5kg (208.33lbs)

1st GW:86.1k(190lbs)
  • young goddess, Hollow_belly and rotten_apple like this

#2 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 17 June 2021 - 06:18 PM

Kay! So my Restora finally arrived so hopefully I can go back down to where I was before and hopefully some more. I already took my first dose today but I probably wont see any results till next week. I also have some Plenity that should arrive next week and I know that will make the process go faster.

I'm so sick of being stuck

#3 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 19 June 2021 - 04:44 PM

I just wanted to update that my Plenity arrived today and I just took the first dose. Thankfully I hadn't eaten anything. I'm not sure if it's the pills making me nauseous or if its drinking a whole 20oz bottle of water.
  • Fullmetal_ likes this

#4 Known2Run

Known2Run

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 04:47 PM

Where do you get this? Like what country are you in? And what sort of results do you have?

#5 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 20 June 2021 - 01:08 PM

Where do you get this? Like what country are you in? And what sort of results do you have?

The restora you can get it at the pharmacy on walgreens or walmart, you can also find it on amazon. Plenity you need to have it approved by a doctor online on their page.Im in the US.

#6 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 20 June 2021 - 01:18 PM

So I wanted to write this yesterday but I decided to wait till today to see how my body would react. So I already know how restora works, you take the probiotic and go on with your day but I was a bit nervous with Plenity. I actually ended up waiting 2 hours before eating instead of 30min because I could not for the life of me get out of bed. I was super bloated for like an hour and felt as if I'd eaten a whole thanksgiving meal. After a couple of hours I ate two ham and cheese sandwiches and couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day. I thought I was going to vomit but I didn't.

I'm gonna end up eating something smaller today so I don't end up feeling sick again.
  • Light_Tuna likes this

#7 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:17 PM

So yesterday I decided to eat a bowl of pasta and ate almost half since I got full. It's been a while since I've gotten full with small portions so I'm guessing Plenity is working nicely. No nausea or anything I'm glad, decided to eat the other half of the pasta when I got home from work today.

Speaking of today! I spent all morning drinking iced black coffee and while I don't have a stomach ache I have been feeling stupid nauseous since noon. I took the pills in the morning in case I had any cravings during the day sonI wouldn't fuck up my progress. What ended up happening was I got full from coffee, which is not bad but I kept drinking coffee and felt as if I was going to explode. After 5 trips to the bathroom and arriving home everything's good but I'm not sure If I should eat the other half of the pasta. I am hungry, I'm just not sure if its a good idea. I'll give it a try but if after the first bite I feel like shit I'll stop.

Kinda want to weight myself but I'll just wait till saturday.

#8 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

I accidentally posted the same thing 3 times so since idk how to delete them I'll edit these 2 and wrote something else.

So I did end up eating what was left of the pasta, It was a really small portion so it didn't mess up my stomach.

#9 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

I know that there is no one to blame but me for being this heavy, but it pisses me off knowing the exact moment that I started gaining weight from eating so much. I would only eat once a day and was about 105 lbs and suddenly everything changed.

Shit

All I can do now is apply myself, I want to feel good again.

#10 Serene waters

Serene waters

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:36 PM

I know that there is no one to blame but me for being this heavy, but it pisses me off knowing the exact moment that I started gaining weight from eating so much. I would only eat once a day and was about 105 lbs and suddenly everything changed.

Shit

All I can do now is apply myself, I want to feel good again.

I get you:( I understand this completely. But the fight is harder when you're heavier. Everyday I wake up with good intentions and some how fuck it up, I super fucked up today. I want to go to bed and not wake up but there is still breath in my lungs, so I can still carry on.

I can feel how desperate you are to be lighter again, that's how I feel too so yoire not alone :( xx

#11 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:46 PM

I get you:( I understand this completely. But the fight is harder when you're heavier. Everyday I wake up with good intentions and some how fuck it up, I super fucked up today. I want to go to bed and not wake up but there is still breath in my lungs, so I can still carry on.

I can feel how desperate you are to be lighter again, that's how I feel too so yoire not alone :( xx

I hope you can also reach your goal. Dealing with weight is a bitch!

#12 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:04 PM

Today I woke up nauseous as if I'd still had a full stomach. Took my pills and went to work.

Couldn't eat anything, only drank water so I'm making myself something to eat now. I still feel full but I'm worried that if I don't eat anything I'll have really bad cravings tomorrow and eat the whole fridge.

I'm doing my best not to fall under the same things that have messed me up before. Evading stress, not weighting myself everytime I go to the bathroom just in the mornings. Going straight to a meal instead of snacking, and saying no when I'm asked if I want to eat out.

I won't deny I'm scared of weighing myself this saturday and having no meaningful changes and just saying "fuck it!" and ruining everything. If the results are not what I expected I just need to remember that Plenity might leave water weight for the first two weeks and I've been behaving when it comes to food. I just need to give it time.

#13 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:43 PM

I've been thinking for the last 4 days if I should just vomit to stop the nausea but I hate vomiting and I know that will fuck up my progress. Ugh.

#14 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:39 PM

Had a great morning, no nausea. When I got back from work I was really hungry so I made myself some chili dogs and chili fries but only managed to eat the fries and now I feel like I want to throw up with how full i am. I'll have the leftovers tomorrow.

Love how I can't ruin my own progress even if I try as long as I take the pills.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm now at 93.6kg (206.3lbs). I wont make that my official loss of the week since I'm going to wait till saturday but I'm happy I can see some progress on the scale since I wont see much difference even if I hit my 1st goal weight. My engagement ring is also not tight anymore, that's a big motivation since I don't want to get married rolling down the aisle.

Progress progress!

#15 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:23 PM

I haven't been hungry for 2 days, tomorrow I think i'll do a liquid fast. Let's hope that stops the nausea.

#16 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:41 PM

I puked.

I feel better tho
  • JustSomeEnby likes this

#17 Alice_in_Chains

Alice_in_Chains

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3248 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ether

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:17 PM

Can i ask what happens when you stop taking them? I guess if they are a probiotic then you don't really need to take breaks from them. Do you get tolerant to them?

#18 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:33 PM

Can i ask what happens when you stop taking them? I guess if they are a probiotic then you don't really need to take breaks from them. Do you get tolerant to them?

When I stopped taking the restora the effects lasted me for about 2 weeks and then my body acted like it did before, water weight stayed, i would get bloated and since i dont have a gallbladder i had diarrhea.Sounds bad but its not an after effect, its just how i was.
  • Alice_in_Chains likes this

#19 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:33 PM

I also never got tolerant

#20 shekinna1

shekinna1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:51 PM

My official first weigh-in:

SW:94.5kg (208.33lbs)
CW:92.8kg (204.58lbs)

Weekly loss: 1.7kg (3.75lbs)

It's not a big amount compared to if I just water fasted but It's a big deal for me. Hopefully by next week I can get out of the 90kg's. I also haven't pooped so I'm guessing when that happens I'll have a big drop.

Let's keep going!
  • UsernameName and strainer like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users