Protein for hair loss? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Protein for hair loss?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fatgirl07

Fatgirl07

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:20 PM

I’ve seen a ton of people saying they increased their protein to stop or minimize the hair loss but how much protein exactly? I’m now frantically searching my house for the biggest sources of protein when I don’t even know how much to get. Also does anyone have any food recommendations with high amounts of protein?

#2 aintafraidtodie

aintafraidtodie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:50 AM

I have no clue on how much protein you need in a day, but I suggest upping your calories while eating lots of salmon, shrimp, chicken, eggs, Greek yoghurt etc.
Tbh the best solution to hair loss is still recovery, because I doubt eating more protein while restricting actually helps.

#3 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5635 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:03 AM

I'd recommend getting a blood test. They (your doctor) can check your Protein levels that way and will be able to tell you how much roughly you need a day.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#4 ChocoNat

ChocoNat

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:20 AM

I used Myfitnesspal to see how much I need. I basically get protein shakes daily. As someone recommanded, try to eat food with more proteins like salmon. 

Not sure if it helps or if it's a coincidence, but I apply a mask once per week made of yellow egg and olive oil. On wet hair, put this mix ( 1 or 2 yellow of the egg depending on how much hair you have) + olive oil. Apply it for 20min, then rince it off, then wash your hair normally with shampoo etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users