Can someone please help - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Can someone please help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AmIEvenILL

AmIEvenILL

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:48 PM

Hey guys so I’ve been in recovery for a few months now and am weight restored and have been discharged from my therapist etc. I’m looking to loose a stone or so so that I’m still within a healthy range. I’ve got 6 weeks to get this off, so as us anorexics know this should be easy. But during recovery I experience extreamw hunger and have been eating a lot more than what would be considered normal but if I continue this way I will end up over weight. I am big at the minute compared to old me weighing 9.6stone :( I feel so insecure. I’m not looking to be ridiculously underweight I want to get to about 8 stone or just under but it’s like my body won’t let me starve. Please give me any help on how u think I should go about this. For reference I’m 5”4. I think I cope better on 1 meal a day as I feel so out of control if I eat more and feel as thought I’m failing the restriction, so I’m going to make that meal dinner and fast throughout the day? What do you guys think? What kcal would u recommend? 5/7 days I’m doing at least 10k steps aswell but what else could I be doing excersise wise? Please bare in mind even at my worst I was never an excerise girl I hate it so much Hence why I’m being so strict on my diet. Any suggestions will be helpful xx

#2 AmIEvenILL

AmIEvenILL

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:58 PM

Boost

#3 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2305 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:10 PM

I’ve got 6 weeks to get this off, so as us anorexics know this should be easy. 

I'm so sorry but this made me laugh in a "Rubbed me the wrong way" kind of way. 

You really should talk to your doctor/therapist/recovery team. If you're in a healthy weight range now, and you're concerned that it's going to overshoot that healthy weight range, you should discuss it with them.  They may have plans to adjust your calories, etc based on how your body does. 

But if you've only been doing this for a few months, it's highly likely your body is still healing and will start balancing itself out. The extreme hunger could very well still be your body begging for fuel and nourishment. Your hunger hormones are probably also raging right now, but they will balance out if you continue to feed yourself. 

I would also suggest looking into strength training. When there's an aesthetic goal in play, the first thing that I ask is "what if you could look that way, regardless of the number on the scale" -- which, given your numbers, it would be entirely feasible for your to grow good muscle and get a lean, athletic look without starvation. 

• ForeverDieting likes this

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#4 AmIEvenILL

AmIEvenILL

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:30 PM

I'm so sorry but this made me laugh in a "Rubbed me the wrong way" kind of way.

You really should talk to your doctor/therapist/recovery team. If you're in a healthy weight range now, and you're concerned that it's going to overshoot that healthy weight range, you should discuss it with them. They may have plans to adjust your calories, etc based on how your body does.

But if you've only been doing this for a few months, it's highly likely your body is still healing and will start balancing itself out. The extreme hunger could very well still be your body begging for fuel and nourishment. Your hunger hormones are probably also raging right now, but they will balance out if you continue to feed yourself.

I would also suggest looking into strength training. When there's an aesthetic goal in play, the first thing that I ask is "what if you could look that way, regardless of the number on the scale" -- which, given your numbers, it would be entirely feasible for your to grow good muscle and get a lean, athletic look without starvation.

I’m sorry if that part rubbed u up the wrong way I was being sarcastic 😂 thank you for your reply I appreciate it.
It’s more the fact that I don’t want to continue feeding in to my extreamw hunger when I am already way into the healthy range and I’m not on a distinct amount of calories as I am in all in recovery. This is why I am asking for advice x

#5 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2305 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:42 PM

I’m sorry if that part rubbed u up the wrong way I was being sarcastic thank you for your reply I appreciate it.
It’s more the fact that I don’t want to continue feeding in to my extreamw hunger when I am already way into the healthy range and I’m not on a distinct amount of calories as I am in all in recovery. This is why I am asking for advice x

Gotcha - I mean transparency is key though if you want to be taken seriously and not looked at like you're trying to dive back into old behaviors to hit a weight goal.

Maybe request some nutrition counseling on how to maintain a healthy weight, and some counseling on how to learn your hunger signals appropriately. Like I said your body still may need this food and that's why it's revving up your hunger, but I'm a firm believe that recovery doesn't have to set you up to be uncomfortable in your body on the opposite end. Talk to them. 

• AmIEvenILL likes this

Foxii_Fighter

HW: 226.3

LW: 108.7

RGW: 150.0

CW: 170.8

(Updated 4/22/2021)

177 - 176 - 175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170 - 169 - 168

167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160 - 159 - 158

157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

Is it possible for a recovered anorexic to lose weight the healthy, right way?

Accountability / Journey

#6 AmIEvenILL

AmIEvenILL

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:50 AM

Gotcha - I mean transparency is key though if you want to be taken seriously and not looked at like you're trying to dive back into old behaviors to hit a weight goal.

Maybe request some nutrition counseling on how to maintain a healthy weight, and some counseling on how to learn your hunger signals appropriately. Like I said your body still may need this food and that's why it's revving up your hunger, but I'm a firm believe that recovery doesn't have to set you up to be uncomfortable in your body on the opposite end. Talk to them.

Okay thank you x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users