How do you get out of a binge cycle? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How do you get out of a binge cycle?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coffee Challa

Coffee Challa

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:04 PM

I recently went away for a family holiday and it ended in me binging every day of the trip and it hasn't stopped since. I feel so uncomfortable and gross. What do you guys do to get out of a binge cycle?

#2 clueless¿

clueless¿

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3273 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:12 PM

ease back into restriction. if you go straight back into low restriction or whatever you’ll freak your body out and binge more. start off with a few weeks of eating maintenance, then move onto a small calorie deficit around 100 calories from your tdee. lower your limit by 100 every week after, don’t rush into things
  • BIackcofffee likes this

5'0

#3 FallingAngel98

FallingAngel98

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:14 PM

For me, I overloaded on protein for a couple days and let my intake be higher(1400ish) and now I'm working on lowering that number and keeping my macros balanced to a healthier ratio than they were when I restricted before. It seems to be helping a lot. Also paying attention to how my stomach feels. But that's making it hard to finish meals so... Maybe don't at first.

Height: 5'1" female

SW: 152 lbs
UGW: 94 lbs

bi19m4.png?t=1&IHAEioBS

Please someone remind me to change this every so often. <3 updated 06/11/21

#4 FallingAngel98

FallingAngel98

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:15 PM

Oh and hydrate. One of my issues with binging is it almost always stems from desiring to taste flavor, so I flavor water to drink and that keeps me hydrated and satisfied.

Height: 5'1" female

SW: 152 lbs
UGW: 94 lbs

bi19m4.png?t=1&IHAEioBS

Please someone remind me to change this every so often. <3 updated 06/11/21

#5 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2513 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:22 PM

I hit rock bottom so hard that I stayed in bed for two days in a row eating hardly anything. It was endgame after that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users