Wierd period/just light spotting TMI SORRY - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Wierd period/just light spotting TMI SORRY

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BalletSwan

BalletSwan

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:36 AM

Was due on yesterday …. Had some light spotting, feel bloated but nothing else.
I’ve lost weight reallllly fast like 20lbs in a month
Took a pregnancy test to be sure but it’s negative
What’s going on?

#2 sazzle

sazzle

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationThe Phantom's lair

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:28 AM

Hey, don't worry about TMI - this is something that I feel everyone should not feel taboo about or shy away from talking about.

It definitely sounds like your rapid weight loss has impacted on your period flow but that's totally normal and happens at times of stress, weight loss, changes in diet/nutrition etc.

Menstrual cycles can be really reassuring and are your body's way of communicating to you. Listening is key, and being kind to yourself is very important  :) 

• clemishungry likes this
FYI When I talk about food, I am never talking about animals  :wub: 
Untitled

#3 ProDancer

ProDancer

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:52 AM

This is normal with underweight BMI. I rarely have my period and if I do, it is extremely light spotting.
When I was normal BMI my periods were crazy long and heavy.

#4 BalletSwan

BalletSwan

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:24 AM

This is normal with underweight BMI. I rarely have my period and if I do, it is extremely light spotting.
When I was normal BMI my periods were crazy long and heavy.

That’s what I mean like I’ve pretty much ate nothing for the past month and a half and I’ve lost over 20lbs and when I have eaten I’ve been throwing it up like and it’s just been like water and soup etc. But I’ve lost a lot of weight I’m now a bmi of like 21 ish. When I last did this I never lost my periods but they did get lighter and sometimes I did spot so maybe it’s just this? I’m just hoping it’s not pregnancy like the test was negative …. I had unprotected sex a week ago like but I don’t feel pregnant or anything I’m just really hoping it’s not that because I can’t have another child right now I’m not in a position or in the right mental state.

#5 Gothkitty

Gothkitty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:24 AM

Hey! The exact same thing is happening to me! I also lost almost 20 lbs in a month and I'm still waiting for my period. (It was supposed to be last week lol) and it's just impossible that I'm pregnant (My husband is sterile) so try not to worry too much about that; you put your body through a lot this month so it may be saving it's energy ;)

• BalletSwan likes this

HW:168 lbs

SW: 145 lbs

CW: 116 lbs (-29 lbs, 16 to go!)

GW1:125 lbs

GW2:120 lbs

GW3:115 lbs

GW4:110 lbs

GW5:105 lbs

UGW:100 lbs

💜

#6 WithoutMuchHope

WithoutMuchHope

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:30 AM

It's highly unlikely you're pregnant. I get the exact same weird, spotting/very light periods when I'm restricting. I'm around the same BMI as you, and I have a low bf percentage. You don't have to be underweight to lose your period.

• BalletSwan likes this

H: 5'3

SW: 123lbs // BMI 21.7

CW: 115.1lbs // BMI 20.4

UGW: 107lbs // BMI 19.0

#7 BalletSwan

BalletSwan

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:54 PM

Thanks guys I feel better :)
I just took an early detection test anyway and it tells you if you’re pregnant like a week before you’re even due to start and I’m technically a day late now and it still said negative so I’m definitely not pregnant it’s got to be down to the restricting and weight loss!
  • WithoutMuchHope and Gothkitty like this

#8 Heavybones

Heavybones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:16 PM

This happened to me when I lost my period. It started just like what you described, and then it just stopped for about a year. Got it back on recovery, but I relapsed a few months ago and It's gone again.

If it lasts more than 3 months it falls under the criteria of Amenorrhea (idk if I wrote it correctly)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  • BalletSwan likes this

#9 BalletSwan

BalletSwan

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:23 PM

This happened to me when I lost my period. It started just like what you described, and then it just stopped for about a year. Got it back on recovery, but I relapsed a few months ago and It's gone again.

If it lasts more than 3 months it falls under the criteria of Amenorrhea (idk if I wrote it correctly)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks lovely this is really helpful to know x

#10 Gummybear.

Gummybear.

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:19 PM

It’s definetely the rapid weight loss that has caused your period to dissapear. A change in diet could possibly get it back (if you eat maintenance and watch your vitamins/nutrition quality) + rest more if you workout a lot. However for some people that isn’t enough, and they need to be at ahealthy weight as well.

I do understand if you don’t want your period though. I don’t have mine and tbh I don’t want it back. But I will have to say, not having your period can cause serious damage on your body. If your period is gone for long I highly recommend you to check your bones. I’ve done it and it’s super easy. Just an x-ray kind of thing.

Take care and be gentle to your body

#11 anarchy-boy

anarchy-boy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location地獄

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:26 PM

it's called secondary amenorrhea (when you lose your period for more than a few months after previously been able to menstruate).
i get it pretty much immedialty whenever i relapse and spotting the first time or two before it completely stops is normal.
fyi having sa for a long time can make you infertal or closer to it. that's why infertility is listed as a symptom of an ed, it's from amenorrhea caused, in our case, by malnutrition.

「he/they」

「sw/hw」 117 lbs ✧ 53 kg ✧ 20.7 bmi

「cw」 103.8 lbs ✧ 47.1 kg ✧ 18.4 bmi

「gw1」 97 lbs ✧ 44 kg ✧ 17.2 bmi

「ugw」 85 lbs ✧ 38.5 kg ✧ 15 bmi

「lw」 6 lbs 10 oz

†『5'3 ✧ 160 cm』†

Spoiler

tumblr.com/blog/anarchy---boy 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users