Share your work with me - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Share your work with me

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Notreallyhere555

Notreallyhere555

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:21 PM

Hi!

Any short stories or poems that you made or that you love, share them here. These things are like windows into another person's mind. Does not need to be ED related. Just want to see what you want to share with me. 

Sincerely, 

A wandering soul

#2 Strawberryontop

Strawberryontop

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3439 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:30 PM

i was working on a story but its pretty lenghty and tbh i dont think its good enough to even coutine 

if i am never online on mpa anymore i finally kicked the bucket but rest assured i love you all

discord server V

https://discord.gg/dWkAjN2WCd

16+ only

#3 Notreallyhere555

Notreallyhere555

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:13 PM

I don't mind a longer story :) And don't worry, what will make your story interesting is the fact that it came from you, and you are the only you out there.

i was working on a story but its pretty lenghty and tbh i dont think its good enough to even coutine

#4 Strawberryontop

Strawberryontop

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3439 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:33 PM

just dont copy it and use it as ur own

if i am never online on mpa anymore i finally kicked the bucket but rest assured i love you all

discord server V

16+ only

#5 Strawberryontop

Strawberryontop

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3439 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:37 PM

“Where am I” I lifted my head, as it was spinning. It felt like someone took a bottle and hit it over my head. “How why me?” 
“JAX!!” The mother shouted up the stairs. “GET down here! Your breakfast is ready!”

“Groan, 
Jax picked up his clothes with a sigh from his mouth, picking up a picture of his father, who passed away quite some months ago. 

“Huh?”…” what’s this?” Jax tilted his head while turning the picture over to take a peek what they write on the other side

Jax spoke in a shuttering voice. His nervous tone took a hold of him, but he tried to read what they wrote.

“T-o jax, I–l-o-v-e you. I- always have,”
Jax became to cry with tears dropping the shaded photograph.

JAX GET DOWN HERE BREAKFAST. OK, MOM! 

Jase was a young lad of 18 years old.
Jase spent most of his time on social media talking to friends, playing video games. Jase is very well known in his class. He was the class clown.
Unlike Jax, his parents were very loving of his choices.
He moved from town to town. His father was a business owner. His mother was a baker. 

Jase looked at his watch and grabbed his schoolbag, along with a snack for the tutor, never liked the food others had. His family was rich and stuck up. 

Jase realized he was late for school. Breakfast in hand, he rushed out the door. 
He ran quick as he could, so he did not miss class. However, he stopped travel. A sound? Coming from the corner of the street.
Jase walked over and saw a guy crying, Jase asked himself, should I look what's wrong? He shrugged his shoulders and went over to the guy. Kneeling in front of him. 
Hey nerd, what's up?
The guy looked up at Jase. With shock on his face, it was Jax, the man he met at the bar a couple of days ago He played it cool like he was some stranger.
I'm just miserable. My mom doesn't understand me Jax said in a sorrowful tone. Why not? Jase asked. 
Because I'm not normal, according to my mom. 

I don't do this but uh want a hug or something?
Sure... I guess.
As they were about to hug, Jase's classmates pulled ahead (class bullies) 
I found this nerd crying haha. They all laughed at Jax as he put his head on his knees . Let's go Jase, we have gym class. Jase looked back, whispering sorry to Jax as he walked off.

This is college hell, this is a split collage. One placement is for the less wealthy, another part is for the more elegant students aka posh. 

Jase went to go to his art class, where we mentioned he was a model. He posed his stuck for his fans, to all draw him for their projects. 
Meanwhile, Jase saw this young woman Lucy, she was the school president walking across the hallway as she was peaking in with a blushing look on her face 
She was the lady that jases mother and father wanted to get with, more because of her wealth. However, she's a nice lady… but I like jax! 

Attention students, we seem to have a distribution in the courtyard
Jase peeked out the window and saw a crowd of people making a ruckus, what could this be? Jase walked outside to glance at a crowd of people laughing, he intervened to glance at what was going on.

This dude is a neard one bully said out loud. Why Jase asked. He's just a loser. Jase with an angry look on his face.
Took a defense to this Boy he liked.

Want to tell you all something, I felt like him, you all think I'm the coolest kid in school. That's right, I fancy this man. YOU LIKE ME SO WHY NOT HIM? Everyone stood there in shock. If you don't as it fuck off. Bullying is wrong no matter who you are! Everybody walked away thinking what to say next, as Jase picked Jax up from the ground. Are you okay? Jax just responded with tears flowing down his eyes.

“Hey now don't be sad”, Jax glanced up at Jase with a thinking face. Jase locked hands with him and pulled him to the medic's room We have to get you cleaned up now, don't we? “Jax Nodded as they walked to the posh part of the school. Jase tried to make Jax laugh by wearing a an assistant's outfit and got the first aid kit handy.  Jax asked jase if he could talk to him about something .jase said sure what's up. Jax glanced down and requested him if he could tell him a little about his life? “Certainly go ahead” Jase expressed in a worrying tone 

My past wasn't a very nice one my mother and father were always shouting about our lack of being a commoner no one important “when I was 9 years old my father took me to school, I recognize it was a dark morning. “The next moment it went pitch black my dad served in front of an oncoming car with a loud bang. “I recall waking up I could not not see as the ambulance sirens bled into the surrounding sound along with the footsteps of the people running around us.

I remember a mask covering my face and passing out, waking up earlier in the hospital. A physician entered the room and said we were in a crash. That's when my mother showed up rushing into the ward “JAX YOUR OKAY.” she shouted in a pleasant tone. She was pleased to look at me, I wasn't so happy to see her, I wanted my old man. Then a a physician pulled her to one side, I saw her crying.
“I had a gut feeling my old man did not make it” I walked up to the physician and tugged on his sleeve I asked “where is my father did he go to heaven” The doctor looked at my mom than me, I burst into tears, I wasn't the same for a while

A month later, we had my father's funeral. Only me and my mom were there. It was unhappy to see no one else turning up… (pic) With my dad passing away, my dad was going on nights out. I was never sure where she ran off to… but she left me alone to make my food and look after myself. By the age of 15 I was doing everything by myself, cooking, cleaning, and helping my mom. 
c) The time I was 16 I came out to my mom of being gay, but she disliked it so much. She claimed it was a phrase I should “just get over with” I was depressed and upset that she wasn't trusting me. She would bring girls from my school whom I was supposed to be “matched with”. I felt awkward, like they pushed me to do something I wasn't comfortable with. I dated a young lady for a year. She was 16 too. She was nice and romantic, but I did not want a a lady. I wanted a guy…… Now I am indeed the same, but I am a little anxious about my mom accepting me. If I invited a boy over she would flip her lid…” but this was all that continued on when I was younger” Jase took at Jax’s hand and declared, “I'm sorry”Jase whispered to Jax, ‘well I love you” with a smile, followed by a kiss as Jax blushed in delight!

Chapter 4

What is happening, Jax opened his eyes to see jase still kissing him on the lips? Jax slightly pushed jase aside and wiped his lips. “ I don't think we should do this” jax explained. “Why can't we?” Jase sounded confused and upset. “We can’t because my mom won’t accept us” Jase raised his hand to touch jax’s shoulder. “Don't touch me!!” Jax rushed out of the area, deciding to keep in his tears. “ JAX WAIT!” Jase got himself up and ran after Jax. As they were running, Jax started crying. He could not keep it in any longer. Jase followed him all the way home. Upon arrival, Jax slammed the door and shouted to Jase, “GO Elsewhere!” Jax’s mom expressed  concern  like someone was trying to hurt her son, “Jax hunny what is wrong?” She spoke in a soft tone, getting on one knee. “It’s nothing mom. Just leave me alone.” Jax went to his room and buried himself in the bedsheets. “Hm” jax’s mom thought to herself.
She then decided to open the door for this “young lad” standing outside the house. “Yes, may I help you?” She spoke in a grateful voice. “ Uhm yes may I come in?” Jase asked. “Sure come right in.” As she pointed to the kitchen table, ”have a seat.” Jase walked into the house and bowed to show his respect and said thank you. They talked a little about jax’s dad and looked at photographs. “Jax told me a little about his dad. It was a shame what happened to him.” Jase replied while glancing down at the photos. “ Yes it was sorrowful, but I would never forget him.” Jax’s mom started glancing at her wedding ring.

Jax heard Jase’s voice from the kitchen, he rushed out of bed to the kitchen. “MOM WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?” Jase smiled, “Well I was just talking to your lovely mom about your dad.” Jax got a mad look on his face. Jax pulled Jase aside as he waved. “What are you doing here?” Jax asked in an angry manner. “Remember I followed you home? Your mom invited me in” Jase smiled. “I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY!! Not now” Jax shouted. “Oh psfh. Your mom seems nice.” Jase drew out a picture of his dad to show to Jax’s mom. “This was my dad.” Jax’s mom glanced at the picture with a shocking expression on her face, she panicked. “Uh, you both go out and dance outside or something” She spoke while shoving them out the door.“But mom.” “just go out play have fun.” Jax’s mother shove them outside and banged the door. “Well that was weird.” Jax spoke in a confused manner. “Uh yeah it was” Meanwhile Jax’s mother was panting, putting her hand on her head, looking at the picture with her hands shaking. “It-it cannot be… Frank??? Jax’s mother recalled the time she was in a love affair with this guy. They used to meet at the bar on a weekend elsewhere from their complicated marriages. “My son bumping into this boy... No, it can't be a coincidence. I can’t let them see each other. I don’t want them to know the truth. DMAN IT. “She punched the table.

Meanwhile, jase and jax sat at the park on the swings. Jase stared at jax and put his hand on his. “You see it isn’t bad to love me, you do realize, jax” Jax looked at jase, then looked down again kicking his feet on the bark. “ I know, but I kind of feel like my mom hates me and has a vendetta against me. Jase pulled jax’s face and looked into his eyes. “ jax, I love you, nothing can come between us. Not anyone in the world can keep us apart” Jax blushed while looking into his eyes. “ You know I kind of had a funny feelinge that I met you before somehow but I can’t remember when” Jase’s heart sank, he might have to tell jax what happened. “ I uh have to explain something to you jax” Jase sighed and stare down at his feet. Jax tilted his head with a “hm”. “Well the night before I helped you in school, I saw you at a bar. You were kind of intoxicated and laying on the floor. I carried you halfway home. However, you were too drunk to even notice anything. I left you be…but i watched over you . You were gentle and kind, and we shared a kiss to” Jax looked shocked as jase continued his story. “I kissed you, and we held hands. I thought it would be one of things I have” no sympathy or feeling’s for”, but for years now I have been regretting ng never taking up the chance to explain to you.” Jase put his head in his hands and sighed. Jax stood up and frown. “You never told me this at all?” Jase looked at jax and spoke in a soft manner. “ I wanted to let you know” He stood up touching jaxs face” I love you jax I want to be with you. Jax kept on looking at jase with no reply and tears were running on his face. “Please, let’s try.”  jase expressed in a sad manner trying to hold back his tears. Jax looked away, blushing but also not knowing what to say. “ I guess.” jax declared as his face gotten more red. Jase smiled in delight and hugged jax. “ I will help you I promise” 

It got darker as the moonlight got hidden by the dark clouds. Jax heard a sound. “What was that!?” Jax said in a scared tone. “Nothing. It was just a squirrel or something” Jase explained. Little did they know it was jax’s mom. She was peeking through some trees that were close to the park. She stepped out. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?!” she screamed in anger! Jax flinched back, “uh nothing, mom. We were just hugging. That's all.” Jax’s mother pulled jax away from jase’s arms. “ Hugging? Don’t give me that bullshit story, You’re coming home!” Jax was dragged aside with jax holding his hand. Jase tried texting and texting but no reply. While at home jax was sitting at the kitchen table hearing how his mom would not allow him to see this boy. Jax put his head in his hands with tears dripping down his face. “ Mom I love him a lot. Why won’t you be happy for me” Jax said in a sad tone. “He's not meant for you. It We need to turn away” she replied while staring elsewhere distantly. “I don't want to go away. This is unfair” Jax slammed his phone down. He rushed upstairs and slammed the door.” ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD JAX” Meanwhile jase was trying to remember where jax’s house was. It took him a while. He remembered Jax had a teddy bear sticker on his window. Once he found the right place, he decided he would climb the tree that was close to jax’s window. He opened the window, falling onto the floor. “Ow” as he started rubbing his head. “What the!?” jax said in a shocking manner. “ JASE HOW did you…” “It doesn't matter how I got in... uh kind of wondering why your mom pulled you aside like that. I don’t get what she has against me” Jase asked in a depressed manner. “I don't know but my mom want’s me to move, she added I have to leave tomorrow but I don't want to leave.” jax glanced at jase with despair. 
“ Can’t you hide from her?” Jase asked. Jax shook his head in disagreement. “No I can’t. She won’t let me leave” They both heard footsteps from the hall way. Jase blew a kiss at jax and stated his love before hopping out through the window, fearing being caught by his mom.  Jaxs mom opened the door, telling Jax to pack his things tonight. They needed to leave ASAP. Jax just nodded as he had sadder but teary eyes. He sat near the window with his hands on the window “Jase!

It was morning when Jax woke up with his stuffed bear in his arms. 
All right, time to go. 
Jax's mom yelled down the stairs, packed every box in the car. 
Jax got in the car as the door was slammed shut. They took off to their new home.
Jax had no idea Jase was following him on a motorcycle. 
Jax arrived at his new home, unpacking all his stuff, in his new room.
Jase took off his helmet and looked at this new big house. He had to figure out a way to bring Jax's attention. 
He thought to maybe dress up as a girl? Then maybe mom Jaxs wouldn't notice as much.
He wore blond highlights, a long blue dress and a mask with long lashes, red gloves.

Jase walked up to his door and knock on it gently.
Jax alone at home as his mother went to the shop, ran down to open the door.

‘JASE is it you?' 
Jase covered Jax's mouth with a shh.
“Why are you here, you don't want to get caught, do you?”

Jase was smiling confidently as he knew he liked Jax and was certain that he wanted to be there with him.
“My mother will return soon, how did you find me anyway?”
“I followed you on my bike, but I had a little trouble on the road. There were some dirty hills but now I am here.”
Jax didn't know if he should be happy or worried as Jase could have had got himself into accidents. 
“Come on, Jax, take two or three things with you and let's go.” As Jase pulled his arm.
Jax could hear a car coming from a distance. He knew it was his mom, she was still riding that fancy sports car.

Jase helped Jax collect some stuff from his bedroom then they hopped onto Jase's bike and were ready to leave. 
'Where are we going?' Asked Jax, leaning on Jase. 
“We're going to a place I haven't been to since I was 15. This was my safe hideout, an abandoned house by the sea."
“It sounds strange,” said Jax, tighter on jases chest. 
“Everything will be fine, everything is fine there, trust me, nobody will find us there.”
When they arrived, they unpacked their personal stuff on the wooden floor.
They both sat down in front of the fire while Jase held a warm cup of coconut.
“What have you brought, Jax?”
I bought my blanket and some Pokemon toys, but I noticed this weird box on my mother's desk, so I wanted to pick it up.
“Hmm” Jase said, taking the box from Jax. It was delicately decorated with diamonds.
Jax indicated that it was locked and it required a key to open.
Jase got up and picked up his screwdriver “it will do.” Jase smiled.
Jase placed the box on the table and screw the hole with the screwdriver.
With a big twist, the box was unlocked, revealing some images inside.
Jase picked up the images. As he looked at them, he was shocked.
"Hey, uh, Jax, maybe you should check this out."
Jax got up and took the photos from Jases's hand with a curious look on his face.”
“Wait, this is my mother and your father?”
Jase took the pictures of Jaxs's hand.
“I guess. I'm wondering what they're doing here together, and I don't understand why it would matter if they were friends.”
"I think we should go back and ask my mom what this is about!" Jax screamed in an angry tone. 
Jase held jaxs shoulder.
“Wait, we've had a long trip, maybe we should wait a bit and take the night off.”
 Jax nodded.
Jase picked up Jax and laid him on the bed while touching his face. 'I love you, Jax, Goodnight.'
Jax closed his eyes while Jase hugged him tightly beneath the blankets.

Chapter 6 .
The next morning Jax and Jase started to get ready to set off, looking for an answer for all these questions that they have about jaxs mother and about Jase’s father as well.
They picked up the box with the pictures they had looked at the  night poir into the basket of the motorbike.

When on arrival the mother was home, but Jax went inside the door first to make sure she wasn’t angry at Jax and that everything would be calm to speak to her. “JAX WHERE HAVE YOU ALSO GOTTEN UP?” She yelled. “ Uh, I was just gone for a long walk needed some fresh air, but I'm back now” Jax’s mother gave him a hug with a grin slightly on her face. Never go anywhere again, you got me. She stated that Jax had moved a little further away and that he had to ask her for something important. He took out the box he has taken from his mother's room the prior bar.  She looked mad at Jax and swiped the box from his hands. I said, “What are you doing with my box? “ Jax started to stand back a bit and said in  a stuttering voice. Before Jax's mother was able to come forward, Jase looked out the window and decided to intervene. Opening the door Jase stepped in with an urging look on his face standing in front  of Jax  as Jax looked over jases shoulder. Jase said he needed to know what was happening.

Jax's mother leaned her head aside. Jase took a step forward and took out the photos of his father and slightly moved the mother from the box. “This is what I am talking about, why are you with my father!” jax’s mother looked down over the sink with a mad yet annoyed look on her face. “Tell me the truth, please”. She turned around and held her head on the table. “As a teenager, his father was part of a group of men doing business in a nearby town.” She's getting a little weepy. ” One thing leads to another where I couldn't handle the mess he had made, I had to find something more, more love and care. Jax seemed confused and asked why his father loved him so much. She looked up at her son. “ I wanted more love. This stunning man who was also in the same situation with me. His wife never paid attention to him. We met at a bar a long time ago, we got to get to know each other and we felt something. After a while, we made love, we had fun, in fact, the best moment of my life.” Jax's mother organised the pictures. “ But it went sour when his wife found out. It was quick for her to forgive him. Jax’s father found out and became somewhat obsessed with where I was going, where I went. That guy I met kept wanting to see me. I said I couldn't go. I had a son and I couldn't leave him alone after his dad trying to take him away. Jax began to look sorrowful. “I got a call from the paramedics that there was an accident, and I saw Jax in the hospital, lying on a bed. I asked directly what had happened. He said he crashed into our car without knowing Jax was inside, but he wanted us to be happy” Jax started to get mad wanting to move forward but jase held him back. “That's all we needed to hear. We are going to the police.” Jase said, turning around. “WAIT! Don’t, ” she shouted. “You hurt Jax and me just for the sake of your own love affair. But he had a father as well. you are ruining Jax’s life.”

• sam the maltster likes this

discord server V

16+ only

#6 Strawberryontop

Strawberryontop

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3439 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:37 PM

The next morning Jax and Jase started to get ready to set off, looking for an answer for all these questions that they have about jaxs mother and about Jase’s father as well.

They picked up the box with the pictures they had looked at the  night poir into the basket of the motorbike.

When on arrival the mother was home, but Jax went inside the door first to make sure she wasn’t angry at Jax and that everything would be calm to speak to her. “JAX WHERE HAVE YOU ALSO GOTTEN UP?” She yelled. “ Uh, I was just gone for a long walk needed some fresh air, but I'm back now” Jax’s mother gave him a hug with a grin slightly on her face. Never go anywhere again, you got me. She stated that Jax had moved a little further away and that he had to ask her for something important. He took out the box he has taken from his mother's room the prior bar.  She looked mad at Jax and swiped the box from his hands. I said, “What are you doing with my box? “ Jax started to stand back a bit and said in  a stuttering voice. Before Jax's mother was able to come forward, Jase looked out the window and decided to intervene. Opening the door Jase stepped in with an urging look on his face standing in front  of Jax  as Jax looked over jases shoulder. Jase said he needed to know what was happening.

Jax's mother leaned her head aside. Jase took a step forward and took out the photos of his father and slightly moved the mother from the box. “This is what I am talking about, why are you with my father!” jax’s mother looked down over the sink with a mad yet annoyed look on her face. “Tell me the truth, please”. She turned around and held her head on the table. “As a teenager, his father was part of a group of men doing business in a nearby town.” She's getting a little weepy. ” One thing leads to another where I couldn't handle the mess he had made, I had to find something more, more love and care. Jax seemed confused and asked why his father loved him so much. She looked up at her son. “ I wanted more love. This stunning man who was also in the same situation with me. His wife never paid attention to him. We met at a bar a long time ago, we got to get to know each other and we felt something. After a while, we made love, we had fun, in fact, the best moment of my life.” Jax's mother organised the pictures. “ But it went sour when his wife found out. It was quick for her to forgive him. Jax’s father found out and became somewhat obsessed with where I was going, where I went. That guy I met kept wanting to see me. I said I couldn't go. I had a son and I couldn't leave him alone after his dad trying to take him away. Jax began to look sorrowful. “I got a call from the paramedics that there was an accident, and I saw Jax in the hospital, lying on a bed. I asked directly what had happened. He said he crashed into our car without knowing Jax was inside, but he wanted us to be happy” Jax started to get mad wanting to move forward but jase held him back. “That's all we needed to hear. We are going to the police.” Jase said, turning around. “WAIT! Don’t, ” she shouted. “You hurt Jax and me just for the sake of your own love affair. But he had a father as well. you are ruining Jax’s life.”

discord server V

16+ only

#7 Notreallyhere555

Notreallyhere555

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:09 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. It has many interesting twists and turns so far. Lots of emotion too! 

• Strawberryontop likes this

#8 sam the maltster

sam the maltster

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 09:39 PM

Hello! I'm writing a book currently and just wanted to share a chapter.  :D

My best friend Harlan is the same age as me. He is shorter than me, though, and he has russet hair and gray eyes. We just became friends this year.

Harlan comes from a strict family just like me. We often vent to each other about the daily annoyances and be as understanding as we can. Although, that part is not difficult due to the fact that we are so similar to each other. He has good marks, too, which makes him a rival in terms of academics, as ironic as it is. I won't let school ruin our friendship in any way, though.

Speaking of school, Mr. Collins gave us a (surprise, surprise!) TEST as his CHRISTMAS GIFT. Who in their right mind does that?!

Mr. Collins smacked the test scroll on my desk. "Merry Christmas, my dear Samuel," he sneered. Strangely, I could feel cold, hard anger underneath his faux grin. Goodness, what was the deal with him? Mr. Collins stomped around the room, slapping scrolls in front of students' faces, attempting to conceal the wrath burning within. There was something terribly amiss with him. Sure, teachers can be quite cold, but this was concerning to me.

I took out my quill pen, dipped the tip in blackberry ink, and got started. The test was Latin verbs. It was a piece of cake, so I breezed through. I did catch a few kids sneaking a glance at my answers, unfortunately, but I didn't react. Well, it's their responsibility.

"TIME IS UP, KIDS!" Mr. Collins hollered. He stood up and began storming around the room once more, only this time ripping the tests away from the students. "Your time is up, Jacob. You too, Nathaniel," he ordered. 

When the two reluctantly handed theirs to the teacher, he looked at them with mock disapproval. "Sixteen questions unfinished, Nathaniel?"

Nathaniel winced. "Sorry, Mr. Collins..." he apologized. "Latin is difficult for me, especially this unit."

Mr. Collins just said, "Perhaps if you tried, it wouldn't be so hard." Then he moved on. Nathaniel shrugged in response. His turquoise eyes were full of humiliation. I felt bad for him. 

During our lunch break I sat next to Harlan like usual. We had to stay inside because it was snowing outside. 

"Hey, something's on my mind. I wonder what's up with Mr. Collins," I started. 

Harlan took a bite of his apple. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well, he is a crummy teacher and all, but I think something is HORRIBLY WRONG with him." Harlan raised his eyebrows. "He is always so angry, even when the students are behaving well and on task. Is there something wrong with him?"

Harlan swallowed his bite of apple. "Hm, he probably just despises teaching," he shrugged. "I mean, who wouldn't go crazy if their world revolves around articles, verbs, nouns, adjectives, Latin, books, scrolls, feather quill pens, and rambunctious little kids? Or maybe you are right. Maybe something tough is going on in his life."

I nodded. "Right. Anybody who is normal cannot be as hostile as he is." I looked at Harlan's apple.

"Perhaps he is experiencing a financial crisis?" Harlan wondered. I scratched my chin in thought.

"I dunno about that," I said. "Maybe it's something else?"

Harlan chewed his apple. "Maybe he experienced a traumatic event, like the death of a dear one," he figured. It could be.

"Maybe," I agreed. "Nobody who hasn't witnessed trauma would be this unhappy, especially not on Christmas Eve." The pieces fell to place. But what now?

Harlan nodded.

"Well, what do we do about it?"

"I don't know. Why should we bother?" Harlan shrugged again.

"Hmm, maybe so he wouldn't intimidate us students. Also, it's for his benefit."

Harlan remained silent as he finished his apple. "Ah, it sounds like a splendid idea, but I am not sure how to help him. Maybe you could try," he finally said. 

I fiddled around with my chestnut hair for a while, looking around the lunchroom. The other boys were all chatting and laughing.

"Sam?"

"Yes...?"

"What is your family planning to do for Christmas?"

"I guess a decent dinner with relatives, stories, and prayers. No singing, dancing, or playing, though." Chores and studying reinforcements still had to take place. Talk about melancholy.

"Oh, my God. Same," Harlan groaned. "Fun. Fun stuff. This sucks."

I rolled my eyes. "I know, right? Besides, my sister and her quarrels with my little brother ruin everything."

"I heard your sister is Mary, correct?" Harlan murmured. 

I sighed. "Yes, Harlan..."

"I'm sorry. I understand your pain...as I have irritating brothers and sisters. Strict parents as well, if that even helps anything at all."

I smiled wistfully at him. "It's all right. I hope all is well." 

Harlan smiled back, his gray as silver eyes radiating a cool glow.

Pretty soon lunch was over. Right before it was over, though, Harlan stood up from the table. "See you in a bit, Sam," he smiled faintly. My eyes followed him as he exited the lunchroom.

I smiled, too, because we were going to go home right after.

Harlan and I walked home together, trudging through the white, sparkling snow. Snow sprinkled all over us. The entire town of Boston was a quaint winter landscape.

"How'd you think you did on that test?" asked Harlan as we walked.

I grinned as I felt a snowflake drift onto my nose. "I think I did well. It was a piece of cake!"

"Yeah, same," Harlan replied. Suddenly he stopped. "Hey, let's go there!" he pointed at a candy shop. The candy shop had a huge window displaying jars of sweets. 

"Why, do you have money...?" I whispered. I didn't.

Harlan abruptly shook his head. "No, but let's just go in and see!" Before I could respond, he grasped my hand and began to make a beeline for the shop. 

"WOAH, slow down!! An unsuspecting coach can crush us!" I yelped as he pulled me along. Within seconds we were inside. There were jars and jars of candy EVERYWHERE. There were chocolates, licorice, hard-boiled sweets, you name it!

Harlan smiled widely. "Isn't this candy all so delightful, Sam?" He squeezed my arm with excitement.

I gazed at each individual jar. "Yeah," I nodded. At that moment, I spotted a tiny elderly woman in a white bonnet, crouched behind the counter.

"What?" Harlan asked, following my gaze. "Oh!" The woman heard us and stood up straight. 

"Why, didn't I TELL YOU the shop is closing early?!" she screeched, her face all wrinkly. I gulped. Clearly Harlan and I had not checked the sign outside. If we hadn't been so hurried, we would have stopped. We stood there speechless.

The woman paced back and forth, from the milk chocolate caramel truffles she had spilled to us. "Why, don't you naughty little kids read at all?" she fumed.

"We deeply apologize, ma'am. Sam and I were too enthusiastic for your absolutely DIVINE sweets that we forgot to look!" 

"Agh...now, now, naughty little children, won't you PLEASE do me a favor and..." the old woman started, her voice growing rough.

"Okay, we'll scram!" Harlan responded before she could finish. Then he grabbed my hand once more, and we were out of the candy shop in seconds. I knew she was going to kick us out if we didn't run, so that was a smart move. We panted as we finally reached the other side of the street, which was covered in snow. "I...don't...think...she...would...want us...to come back...there..." I huffed.

"Darn, we're not going to get to buy her sweets?" Harlan complained. I knew he was probably thinking of his favorite chocolates there.

I shrugged. "Welp! I guess not..." I smoothed out the skirt-like part of my jacket. "We might want to go home now..."

Harlan smiled weakly, his round cheeks red from the cold. "Okay."

We turned, hands held together, and walked to my home, which was closer. Harlan and I stopped.

"Goodbye, Sam. Have a very Merry Christmas!" Harlan waved.

"Thanks, you as well. Goodbye," I smiled at Harlan and trudged to my door. The glittery snow crunched under my feet. When Harlan left, I knocked on the door. 

Pretty soon, a very flustered Mary answered. "Oh, my God, I am in a dire situation! I can't find the sauce for Mother's turkey!" she screeched.

I noticed the smell of cooking meat. "Uh..." I did not know what to say or do.

"Just come in, already!" Mary threw her hands up into the air. "How long are you going to take?" Jeez!

"Okay, okay!" I immediately stepped in and closed the door behind me. Recently Mary has gotten a lot more demanding and impudent. There was no reason, but I feel like Mother knows why. Maybe I should ask...

Mary kicked me a pair of my leather buckled shoes. "Put these on!! And don't you DARE tread snow and mud and whatever disgusting boy germs around the house," she threatened. I pulled off my boots, stepped into the buckled shoes, and looked at my sister like she was insane. Maybe she was insane. Who knows. "What?!" she demanded. "HELP ME FIND THAT SAUCE FOR MOTHER'S TURKEY!" 

I sputtered. "W-What sauce?! How in the world am I supposed to know where it is?!"

Mary stamped her foot hard. "Ugh! It's that round jar with a lid of yellow that Mother always uses when she cooks meat. Think chicken! Think roast beef! Think lam-"

"I'm rarely around when she cooks, though! I study, remember...?" I cut her off, trying to remain calm. 

"SAM!" she screamed. "HAVE YOU SEEN IT?!!" Her face was red as a tomato. I suddenly remembered Mr. Collins, and how he tried to conceal his fury that may have been like this. I suddenly realized the similarities.

"No, I have not seen it!" I retorted.

Mary shrieked. "I NEED TO FIND THAT SAUCE!" She gripped my shoulders and began to shake me. "HELP ME FIND THE SAUCE!"

I swallowed in fear. "Why the Devil are you being so aggressive?!" I yelled. This was not okay. My sister was shaking me and screeching all because of a stupid sauce. My supposedly mature, goody-two-shoes older sister was being more immature than me.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" my father suddenly boomed. We both froze. He was towering above us. I gulped.

Uh, thanks for reading, lol. This takes place on December 24th, 1733, by the way.

"𝓘𝓯 𝓪𝓽 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓾𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓮𝓭,
𝓣𝓻𝔂, 𝓽𝓻𝔂 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷."

𝟷𝟹𝟶 (25)
𝟷𝟸𝟻 (24)
𝟷𝟸𝟶 (23)
𝟷𝟷𝟻 (22)
𝟷𝟷𝟶 (21)
𝟷𝟶𝟻 (20)
𝟷𝟶𝟶 (19)
𝟿𝟻 (18)

𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽, 𝓹𝓻𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵, 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮

#9 katalex

katalex

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 02:25 PM

If Food Was The Only Problem, I Wouldn’t Have An Eating Disorder

Watermark of misery,

Watermark of doom,

Compulsion to resist,

Compulsion to consume,

This ever-stronger gloom.

Face me to the finish,

Face me in the direction,

I’ll miss out on the credits,

But stay for the reception.

Stay around long enough

To remember why I hate parties,

I hate that emotion,

I want to be alone,

But you make it hard to enjoy that desire.

Anyway,

It’s over now,

And I’ll binge myself to an intoxicated bloat,

Like I love to do,

Better than kissing,

Better than running,

The rush feels like a roller coaster,

Best friend by my side.

Avoiding the truth:

Except really, trust me:

I don’t have a problem,

It’s larger than food.