Can i stop my hair falling out? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Can i stop my hair falling out?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fennie

Fennie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:23 PM

My hair has been falling out pretty rapidly for 1+ month now, to the point where it's getting obvious my hair is thinning :( Can I do anything to stop or slow it?

What I'm doing right now: trying to make sure 20%+ my food intake on eating days is protein, and I take biotin, collagen, and vitamin E every day in addition to a multivitamin.

Thank you for any tips

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#2 Fennie

Fennie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:49 PM

Its getting so much worse aaah

I have visible balding patches now and I dont know what to do

#3 passages malibu

passages malibu

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5335 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:26 AM

I would definitely recommend a dermatologist

also castor oil
  • Fennie likes this
𝔲𝔤𝔴- 27kg
𝔤𝔴- 37
𝔠𝔴- 37.5
𝔟𝔪𝔦- 14.6

if i’m going to die then i’m going to die hot

#4 faerie-lo

faerie-lo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:08 AM

See a dermatologist!! Also see about getting bloodwork done as you might have some deficiencies.
  • Fennie likes this

5ft

GW1: 120

GW2: 100

UGW: <74lbs

CW: Fat Fuck

Accountability

“You think I’ll be the dark sky so you can be the star? I’ll swallow you whole.”

― Warsan Shire

Spoiler

#5 faerie-lo

faerie-lo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:08 AM

See a dermatologist!! Also see about getting bloodwork done as you might have some deficiencies.
  • Fennie likes this

5ft

GW1: 120

GW2: 100

UGW: <74lbs

CW: Fat Fuck

Accountability

“You think I’ll be the dark sky so you can be the star? I’ll swallow you whole.”

― Warsan Shire

Spoiler

#6 Fennie

Fennie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:55 PM

Thank you for the tips!! Unfortunately I'm in the US so cant afford doctors

I take a bunch of vitamins and supplements every day, I hope I don't have any deficiencies Ill see what google says hair loss is a sign of a deficiency of and try to up the related supplement

Thank you so much!!

#7 JunoMcGaff

JunoMcGaff

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 06:03 AM

Might be something w your thyroid.
Try to visit a doc as soon as possible.

Odesláno z mého POT-LX1 pomocí Tapatalk

#8 touchbones

touchbones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPNW 🌲

Posted 29 June 2021 - 02:25 PM

i lost a lot of hair during a hardcore restriction phase and also had other symptoms of protein deficiency at the same time (random swelling/edema)... this time around i am drinking lots of protein shakes and even tho i am restricting to the same level my hair is okay for now. lack of protein definitely causes hair loss, try bumping up your protein intake if you can
  • Fennie likes this

#9 Rea Eris

Rea Eris

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Locationtall and skinny chile

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:00 AM

Rosemary oil or a rosemary rinse works amazing, i heard that it works similar to minoxidil but im not sure, it worked amazing for my hair tho

#10 Adellaide

Adellaide

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 02:06 PM

Like everyone else said, make sure you aren't severely deficient in anything and make sure you are getting the proper nutrition to support hair maintenance (all your healthy fats, macros/micros). Check for any hormonal issues as well. I'd also experiment with different biotins since I hear that some people react better to different products? Not sure, the cheapest one worked for me. Make sure you aren't taking too much if you experience acne though (since biotin causes acne in large concentrations in some people! you really only need 1000-5000 mg, I take 3000!) 

Stress can also cause hair loss, so although ik its hard to control stress levels, you might benefit from some meditation or more self care activities. 

Rosemary has been proven to support hair growth, so i'd do a leave in with the infused water and then rinse it out. I would also look into serums that could support hair growth, I think that the ordinary has one. 

I'd also look into what shampoo you are using since some shampoos and conditioners can actually affect the follicle and clog it (which makes hair fall out, i'm pretty sure shea moisture has this issue with their more heavy products). Make sure you baby your hair (no intense rubbing, dont use high tight ponytails or buns, use a silk bonnet or pillow case).  You might also benefit from a rinse (like apple cider vinegar) to cleanse the scalp (prevent clogging) and a hard water filter if you live in an area with hard water. If you cant afford a water filter, then an apple cider vinegar rinse is really good 1-2x a month to just cleanse all the minerals from the hard water (this is what i do lol). I'd also make sure your shampoo isnt too harsh, but not too gentle (unless you have really thick curly hair, you probably wouldnt benefit from co-washing, I do a low-shampoo without sulphates). A rinse can help remove any build up throughout the month that your more gentle shampoo couldn't fully clean. 

Do you have low or high porosity hair? Do you think you might have excess protein (brittle, dry, snappy hair) or too much moisture (flat, dull, stretchy hair?). Hair type and thickness also play apart, if you have thicker or curlier hair you might need more moisture. Protein can really help the hair strengthen to reduce breakage, but if you get protein overload it causes hair breakage (its about finding a middle ground!). A good, cheap protein treatment would be fermented rice water, but its very potent so if you have low porosity hair or protein overload then dont use it too often. If your hair has protein overload, stop using protein in all products (check shampoos, conditioners, masks) and switch to deep conditioning and oil leave ins.

This is all just supplemental though, it can all help somewhat but you really need to ensure your diet, sleep, and stress levels promote proper hair growth. 

• Inkyana likes this

stats

height:180cm

cw: 198.6

hw:260lbs

gw1: 200

gw2: 190

gw3: 180

gw4: 160

gw5: 150

UGW: 130/140

#11 chopstick legs

chopstick legs

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2560 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted 13 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

make sure ur diet includes protein, biotin, vitamins and essential fatty acids .

#12 Orangealoha

Orangealoha

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:41 PM

5000mg biotin tabs, if it can stop postpartum hair loss it can stop anything 😂

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users