5’7” people, what do you think is a good low weight that's still “functional?” - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

5’7” people, what do you think is a good low weight that's still “functional?”

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 StarvingLlama*-*

StarvingLlama*-*

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12770 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:13 AM

Well, I got down to 39kgs / 85 pounds but I definitely couldnt maintain at that because breathing took more energy than I had.

But high 45-47kgs would be borderline of ok and not ok.

I was around 39 kg as well yeah don’t recommend. Now I’m 41 so not really feeling better I’d like to be 45 kg which seems kinda sustainable and be okay with it but can’t manage to gain. :/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  • not_my_body likes this

#22 plaguee

plaguee

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Location🌧️ England 🌧️

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:03 AM

I'm 5'7.5 and 110.0lbs at the moment and I feel so awkward about it to be honest.. I feel like I'm in the inbetween of looking thin or average. I felt great at around 106-107 so I think I could maintain and still function around 105.

tumblr_lrm9aajDlt1qd8xmf.gif

Height - 5'7.5  tumblr_lkl6tz9w4G1qfamg6.gif  CW - 108.8lbs

130 129 128

127 126 125 124

123 122 121 120 119

118 117 116 115 114 113

112 111 110 109 108

107 106 105 104

103 102 101

tumblr_inline_nosyu9nwS11ry72eo_75sq.gif Instagram - @eleventhplague

I'm not a new member, this a new account.

#23 BrutalKitten

BrutalKitten

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:38 AM

I'm 5'7 and 43kg right now and feel OK. The only thing I've noticed is that my walking speed has significantly decreased after my bmi got under 16.5 and my energy levels are generally lower than before. Also, my concentration is shit. Plus, I started getting this reactive eating thing. As soon as I take a bite of something I can't stop until I eat all of it which often leads to huge b/p sessions. That's why I can't keep more food in the house than what I'm planning to eat for one meal. Apart from that, I feel fine. My GW is 39kg and I hope I won't feel too bad at that weight. However, I'm afraid that I will want to go even lower when I get too close to it like it kept happening till now.
  • 𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 likes this
☣️too weird to live, too rare to die☣️

#24 teaworkeat

teaworkeat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3840 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:01 AM

Maybe it’s because I reached it so quickly and used to be overweight. But at 17.5 I hit a wall.

#25 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:02 PM

i’m 5’6.75 and 80lbs and feel like shit! i felt my best around bmi 14-15
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was around 39 kg as well yeah don’t recommend. Now I’m 41 so not really feeling better I’d like to be 45 kg which seems kinda sustainable and be okay with it but can’t manage to gain. :/
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I'm 5'7 and 43kg right now and feel OK. The only thing I've noticed is that my walking speed has significantly decreased after my bmi got under 16.5 and my energy levels are generally lower than before. Also, my concentration is shit. Plus, I started getting this reactive eating thing. As soon as I take a bite of something I can't stop until I eat all of it which often leads to huge b/p sessions. That's why I can't keep more food in the house than what I'm planning to eat for one meal. Apart from that, I feel fine. My GW is 39kg and I hope I won't feel too bad at that weight. However, I'm afraid that I will want to go even lower when I get too close to it like it kept happening till now.

This is the size I was approx at (41-43kgs) when I had my heart attack.

Thinking of you 3.
  • Dieanax and StarvingLlama*-* like this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#26 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1691 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:21 PM

Thinking of you 3.

I was hospitalised at 38.8kg. Genuinely think I could’ve died there and then. It was a horrible place to be in.

#27 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:21 AM

I was hospitalised at 38.8kg. Genuinely think I could’ve died there and then. It was a horrible place to be in.

Yeah I was hospitalised at 39.3. I got told by the other inpatient girls that I looked like death. I couldn't see it but I definitely felt it.
  • Dieanax likes this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#28 Hardlifewithana98

Hardlifewithana98

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:34 AM

I am 5’7 and I have been maintaining at 110 for a month or two now. It’s been between 110-115 That I have been able to live a life. I do still have days where things are challenging like physical fatigue and low vitals. I want to go back down to 105 but I’m in school. 110 has been relatively stable for me. I do wish that I was lower but it’s not like I cannot stand being here. Some days I’m ok with maintaining as long as I can go to nursing school. I’m also on a contract with my family that if I drop below 110 I go back to treatment. So I think it depends on the person and how their body reacts to it. Also how long you have been at that weight. When I first hit 110 a few years ago it was my lowest since I was like 15 so I felt horrible but since I got back there multiple times I think my body adjusted.

#29 Hardlifewithana98

Hardlifewithana98

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:34 AM

I am 5’7 and I have been maintaining at 110 for a month or two now. It’s been between 110-115 That I have been able to live a life. I do still have days where things are challenging like physical fatigue and low vitals. I want to go back down to 105 but I’m in school. 110 has been relatively stable for me. I do wish that I was lower but it’s not like I cannot stand being here. Some days I’m ok with maintaining as long as I can go to nursing school. I’m also on a contract with my family that if I drop below 110 I go back to treatment. So I think it depends on the person and how their body reacts to it. Also how long you have been at that weight. When I first hit 110 a few years ago it was my lowest since I was like 15 so I felt horrible but since I got back there multiple times I think my body adjusted.

#30 Hardlifewithana98

Hardlifewithana98

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:35 AM

#31 Hardlifewithana98

Hardlifewithana98

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:35 AM

#32 Hardlifewithana98

Hardlifewithana98

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:37 AM

#33 Dieanax

Dieanax

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1365 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:15 AM

Thinking of you 3.

god yeah it’s a horrible feeling. i’m trying to work my way back up to maintenance cals after stopping bp (:

• not_my_body likes this

5'7
hw:119lbs(bmi 18.6)
cw: 96lbs (bmi 15)
lw:75lbs(bmi 11.8)

currently in forced treatment. fun.

#34 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:31 AM

god yeah it’s a horrible feeling. i’m trying to work my way back up to maintenance cals after stopping bp (:

Thats a great idea.

When I get back down to around there I'm going to try to maintain.

I feel like that's the hard part though. Maintenance.

#35 anhedoniac

anhedoniac

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 12:01 AM

I think 105 lbs is right at the cutoff before people in my life start getting suspicious. But then again that same weight could look either less or more emaciated on someone else depending on how they carry their weight. Im right under 110 and feel decent physically. One could even say “good”. But I dont think i could function properly under 100

#36 kitkat27

kitkat27

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5458 posts
  • LocationLothlórien

Posted 27 June 2021 - 01:02 AM

I’m a tiny bit over 5’7 (171cm, 5’7.34), but I personally feel like 105-110 is an okay range for me. It’s low enough that I don’t feel too uncomfortable, but not so low that I feel physically unwell. I also don’t “look sick” within that range, so other people don’t care.
Spoiler

#37 Vilie

Vilie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationMost probably my room

Posted 27 June 2021 - 03:24 AM

I'm at 114 lbs and feel like i could go for another 4 pounds, and then probably maintain. 110 is the magic number I think, but I also thought 114 was gonna look better than this. My thigh gap is barely there but I look kinda skinny on top, I just want thinner thighs :/

tumblr_mnbo6h5sGr1qamo2bo1_500.gif

"I have a love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine, and a rage the likes of which you would not believe. If i cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

​"Like a dandelion up through the pavement, I persist. Anyway, still, despite." 

Height: 5'6.5

bmi: 18.1

CW: 113.7

GW1: 125

GW2: 122

GW3: 120

GW4: 115

GW5: 113

GW6: 112

GW7: 111

UGW: 110

accountability: https://www.myproana...-12-lb-126-115/

#38 Kayngel

Kayngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:36 PM

What kind of macros are you aiming for daily? And what was your highest weight? Jw :)

Max 150 grams carbs
100 grams protein
At least 25 grams fat - this ones tough to reach bc high fat foods are fear foods

Highest weight I’ve ever been was 145 like 3 years ago

#39 Milianna

Milianna

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:40 PM

I honestly feel pain here where I am. I have no idea what the exact answer is but on body checks from when I compulsively weighed, I'm somewhere in the highest 18s or low 19s bmi.

I get brain fogged, can't sit on the floor lest my butt hurts, lying down on my bed hurts, but this could all be because I'm a pretty prolific purger and I'm generally having a low intake outside of what I purge. But from my experience when I was shorter, 15s bmi is where I completely fell apart and wanted to die. So... 16s is realistically the lowest I could possibly stretch myself before I completely break

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users