Chew and Spit ( how often ) - Other recognized eating disorders - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Chew and Spit ( how often )

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:16 PM

How often do you C/S ? How long does the session last ? How much and what foods do you use ? How do you get rid of the evidence ? Hide the smells? Etc

#2 Pandoras-Box

Pandoras-Box

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2855 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:53 PM

How often do you C/S ? How long does the session last ? How much and what foods do you use ? How do you get rid of the evidence ? Hide the smells? Etc

foods though ya meant tobacco, man i done clicked on the wrong thread again

• ekkiana likes this

<p>Dream Believe you will succeed-Scott Stapp--
Height 5-9
Weight-112

gw:100

ugh:98

#3 crunchycoffee

crunchycoffee

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Locationgarden shed

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:03 PM

whenever i’d usually eat something, i spit it out now, and then i purge to be safe. i mostly c/s bread or anything carby, but i will do it w anything really. i just spit in the toilet directly or into a cup which is rinsed into the toilet

5’4

lbmi 15.5

0 days b/p free | accountability 

#4 Kennedydrakes

Kennedydrakes

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 05:41 AM

I do it every few days and it will last till i feel like stoping

#5 ekkiana

ekkiana

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1069 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:15 AM

Just as a warning, I used to do this when I relapsed with Anorexia/OSFED and it ended up turning into bingeing within a few weeks. Eventually I was just so hungry and tired I just stopped spitting it out even though I wanted to get thinner. Plus you can't do it with greasy foods or dissolve-y foods and in the end its just not anywhere near as "satisfying". So in the end, whether or not it was from my chewing and spitting I ended up putting on all the weight I'd lost plus more. But I struggle with bingeing just as much as I have struggled from restricting in the past.

Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
SW: 73kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
CW: Was 73kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
GW: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight
UGW: 35kg (BMI 12) - Underweight
LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Very Underweight
“Anorexic” GW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)

#6 Dollhouse Cat

Dollhouse Cat

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationOn a scale

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:54 AM

I’m not going to answer all of your questions to avoid setting up some sort of guide, but I will share my experience.

It started for me when I really wanted to stop binging. It didn’t even stop me from binging at first, but it was just that at the end of a binge, when I couldn’t stop eating but was way too sick to eat any more food I started to C/S whatever food I had left. After that it became a way to deal with my trigger foods that my mom would sometimes buy specifically for me even if I’d asked her to stop doing so. It was usually pastries that she’d buy for me that I would C/S, so it only happens a few times a month at most. Pizza, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, are things I C/S if I want the taste but am really scared I’ll binge or gain weight once I eat them. I don’t feel comfortable sharing how I do it or get rid of though, sorry. :/

HW:69,5 kg

CW:64.5

GW1:64,0 kg 

GW2:62,0 kg 

💜 GW3:60,0 kg 💜

GW4:58,0 kg

GW5:56,0 kg

GW6:55,0 kg

💜 UGW:53,0 kg 💜

Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place.

Hearts for June:

💜🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

#7 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:25 PM

I’m not going to answer all of your questions to avoid setting up some sort of guide, but I will share my experience.

It started for me when I really wanted to stop binging. It didn’t even stop me from binging at first, but it was just that at the end of a binge, when I couldn’t stop eating but was way too sick to eat any more food I started to C/S whatever food I had left. After that it became a way to deal with my trigger foods that my mom would sometimes buy specifically for me even if I’d asked her to stop doing so. It was usually pastries that she’d buy for me that I would C/S, so it only happens a few times a month at most. Pizza, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, are things I C/S if I want the taste but am really scared I’ll binge or gain weight once I eat them. I don’t feel comfortable sharing how I do it or get rid of though, sorry. :/

I totally understand and get why you don’t want to say to much about it. ! I am not new to c/s, I’ve been doing it on and off for a few years now , it’s just with in last couple of weeks I’ve felt triggered into doing it again. Not sure why I just had the urge and my mind wouldn’t settled until I had carried it out. Just wounded how many do it these days and if it was still a thing. I don’t know what started it with it , it just happened. But think I am going to have to stop it again , or limit myself for now.
  • Dollhouse Cat likes this

#8 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:38 PM

whenever i’d usually eat something, i spit it out now, and then i purge to be safe. i mostly c/s bread or anything carby, but i will do it w anything really. i just spit in the toilet directly or into a cup which is rinsed into the toilet

I’ve never been able to purge , tried it once but just didn’t like it. Plus throwing up makes me feel proper rough. So it’s something that I would never do.

#9 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:45 PM

Just as a warning, I used to do this when I relapsed with Anorexia/OSFED and it ended up turning into bingeing within a few weeks. Eventually I was just so hungry and tired I just stopped spitting it out even though I wanted to get thinner. Plus you can't do it with greasy foods or dissolve-y foods and in the end its just not anywhere near as "satisfying". So in the end, whether or not it was from my chewing and spitting I ended up putting on all the weight I'd lost plus more. But I struggle with bingeing just as much as I have struggled from restricting in the past.

It’s very addictive , I’ve been using baked pastry type foods , sandwiches , sub rolls. Even Naan breads. But I know it’s all bad, but guess it’s the ED in me coming out in me and making me the urge to carry it out. It doesn’t work as well with sweet things for some reason. But going to do a few more with foods I want to taste and try then stop it again

#10 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 July 2021 - 04:51 PM

Daily.

I have for around 15-17 years now. 2 hours on a good day and 12 hours straight on a bad day (but this was when I was closer to BMI 13)
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#11 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 18 July 2021 - 02:21 PM

Daily.
I have for around 15-17 years now. 2 hours on a good day and 12 hours straight on a bad day (but this was when I was closer to BMI 13)

Wow, that long! I know once you start it’s hard to stop, but I am working on ways of slowing mine down! But it’s very addictive and once you start tasting all the different foods , you want to try more and more. Need to get it under control before I get in. to deep.
  • not_my_body likes this

#12 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2021 - 04:44 PM

Wow, that long! I know once you start it’s hard to stop, but I am working on ways of slowing mine down! But it’s very addictive and once you start tasting all the different foods , you want to try more and more. Need to get it under control before I get in. to deep.

It's great that you are trying this. It's not easy but you can do it :)
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#13 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:11 AM

It's great that you are trying this. It's not easy but you can do it :)

Usually I would have had a session today, and was going to go out and get some goods in. But due to the heat, I felt to dizzy and lightheaded/sick to go out. So won’t be having a session today, don’t plan to until this nasty hot weather had gone over.
  • not_my_body likes this

#14 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 July 2021 - 03:52 PM

Usually I would have had a session today, and was going to go out and get some goods in. But due to the heat, I felt to dizzy and lightheaded/sick to go out. So won’t be having a session today, don’t plan to until this nasty hot weather had gone over.

I'm in Australia so I'm very familiar with the heat causing nausea, dizziness etc.

Maybe this is a good chance to see how you go without doing it? At least you would get an idea of what you are up against.

#15 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:24 AM

I'm in Australia so I'm very familiar with the heat causing nausea, dizziness etc.
Maybe this is a good chance to see how you go without doing it? At least you would get an idea of what you are up against.

The heat floors me, trying hard not to be sick.

I think your are right there, going to see how long I can go with out it. I beat it before, so can’t beat it again.

#16 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:34 PM

The heat floors me, trying hard not to be sick.
I think your are right there, going to see how long I can go with out it. I beat it before, so can’t beat it again.

How are you going with this?

#17 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:21 AM

How are you going with this?

No cravings or urges right now, in fact totally put off doing it right now, as just feel to sick and scared about the food getting into my body and making me ill. To ill to even more.
  • not_my_body likes this

#18 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:58 AM

No cravings or urges right now, in fact totally put off doing it right now, as just feel to sick and scared about the food getting into my body and making me ill. To ill to even more.

I'm right there with ya. I'm feeling the same. It's a blessing and a curse lol.

#19 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:02 AM

I'm right there with ya. I'm feeling the same. It's a blessing and a curse lol.

I’m trying very hard not to be sick right now, very bad nausea for past couple of days. It’s punishment for what I did.

#20 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:21 AM

I’m trying very hard not to be sick right now, very bad nausea for past couple of days. It’s punishment for what I did.

Yeah it's definitely not fun. I have anti nausea medication I take when it's this bad. If I was allowed, I wish I could pass you some so you don't have to feel this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users