Fighting relapse - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Fighting relapse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Winchesters-Angel

Winchesters-Angel

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 03:01 AM

My daughter is almost 8 months old and weve been struggling financially. She never goes without food, but I seemed to have subconsciously reduced how often I eat…

It seems to be a series of circumstances thing. I have to help my partner manage his diet due to health reasons - which means constantly looking at labels on food.

I’m more focused on domestic tasks and trying to find work that I’ve been forgetting to eat, even though we do have food (I can’t say plenty since we don’t have enough to cook 3 full meals a day, but we do have food)- I’ve caught myself taking a purée pouch or two just to sate my hunger…

Today I didn’t even realize I went around 18 hours without eating until my jaw started to tingle while I was driving.

I’m so tempted to check the scale… I feel like I’m walking a tightrope into relapse.

I don’t want my daughter to witness me like this…
  • skellyjelly likes this

Dean - Hate what you see

Taking it one day at a time.

#2 skellyjelly

skellyjelly

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:25 AM

Thank you for caring for that tiny little girl. Please take care of her mother too. She's under a lot of stress trying to keep her whole family healthy. If she gives in to the temptation of the scale it will only add to her stress load, and she'll need that energy for the unavoidable stressors life burdens us with.
Please, be kind to mama. Make sure she gets the energy she needs to keep up with the baby she loves so much more than any number.
  • Winchesters-Angel likes this
5'6"
SW: 144 | CW:~130 | GW: 107

I am a skeleton trapped in gelatin please free me

#3 Winchesters-Angel

Winchesters-Angel

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 09:58 AM

Thank you for caring for that tiny little girl. Please take care of her mother too. She's under a lot of stress trying to keep her whole family healthy. If she gives in to the temptation of the scale it will only add to her stress load, and she'll need that energy for the unavoidable stressors life burdens us with.
Please, be kind to mama. Make sure she gets the energy she needs to keep up with the baby she loves so much more than any number.

I’m trying… it’s just so hard 😩

Dean - Hate what you see

Taking it one day at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users