Hair loss please help ?? Please - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Hair loss please help ?? Please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sad girl

Sad girl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3033 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hiya...So I always had this thick black hair, but because of Ana it scarily started falling out. I take multivitamins and omega 3 pills, I can't handle biotin. What other pills should I take and does what about vitamin b or b-12?? Is there any low calorie food you suggest??

#2 Guest_TheInsect_*

Guest_TheInsect_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

B12 might help? I have a disorder that causes balding, and Ana certainly hasn't helped it any. Use shampoos with tea tree oil, keep your mind and body as relaxed as possible. Ana's gonna take your hair regardless, but maybe pamper it some to insure you keep what you can. I know your pain, my hair used to be so thick and dark dark brown. Now it's so thin you can see through the curls. Keep strong, keep taking vitamins, and don't stress! :) Stress will cause more loss!

#3 SuSu23

SuSu23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

B12 can help to prevent hair loss because B12 is a component of the hair itself. Many people are deficient in this nutrient, especially vegetarians, because B12 is mainly found in meat and eggs. The B vitamins are best taken together and are frequently sold with the label B Complex. Also, Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron, which is needed to grow hair. The human body does not make its own vitamin C, so food or supplement sources are required, such as fruits and vegetables. You might also consider Vitamin D because it reduces hair loss by stimulating the hair follicle and the cells that form the hair shaft. Even Vitamin E can be helpful if massaged into the scalp. It encourages blood flow to the scalp to help prevent hair loss. Also, Biotin, which you said you don't do to well with, but I mean there are different doses of it ranging from 1,000mcg to 10,000mcg. anyhow, hope this information helps. and don't forget that vitamin C is contained in many fruits and veggies so consider eating those high in Vitamin C, like oranges. And vitamin B12 is contained in eggs and meat, if you feel like adding a boiled egg every so often to your diet or even some lean roasted/boiled chicken, which is low in calories if consumed without the skin, and is also good for you nutrition-wise. anyhow, good luck!

• Jitterbug likes this

#4 felicityraindrops

felicityraindrops

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I have the same problem... I started taking Vitamin B complex and I now eat a can of tuna everyday. Spinach is really good too. I was so freaked out, I binged on protein high food for a day :( 

Basically the most important stuff you need to have is: protein, iron, zinc, vitamin B (B12, B6 and Biotin are the most important I think). 

Protein: Try a can of tuna, it's one of the lowest calories food with the highest protein content.
Iron: lowest calories food that provide iron is probably spinach, swiss chard (I think). Basically the dark leafy greens
Biotin: found in eggs and swiss chard... 

check out some of the fortified cereal, one cup could give you 40% of the daily requirement for Iron and they also have protein, zinc and Vitamin B sometimes. I eat Raisin Bran. 

• C4P5-L0CK likes this

Height: 5'7"

HW: 150 ~ LW: 99 ~ SW: 149 ~ CW: 138

GW1: 145 GW2: 135 ~ GW3: 125 ~ GW4: 110 ~ GW5: 105

UGW: 100

#5 karah

karah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

I take hair,skin, and nails supplements and use biotin and collagen shampoo and conditioner. It helps a lot.
Hw: 137lbs
Cw: 133lbs
Gw1: 127lbs
Gw2:117lbs
Gw3:107lbs
Ugw:100lbs
Ht: 5'4"

#6 Sierrabender

Sierrabender

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

My hairdresser said a lack of iron can cause hair loss. Maybe you could try a different shampoo and conditioner. I think there are ones for hair loss

student 

vegetarian since October 2017

fa05cz.png

currently on a binge streak

#7 Bloodybones

Bloodybones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Lack of iron, protein, amino acids and micronutrients is usually the cause. Supplement with whey protein powder, eat fruit and veggies of all colors but limit white to keep calories low. Take
Prenatal vitamins or add extra iron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users