what are your best glow up tips? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

what are your best glow up tips?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 halfdreamer

halfdreamer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:43 AM

literally anything- makeup, fashion, skincare, workout routine, whayever helped you to glow up. i have to glow up as much as i can asap, i’m an artist going on tour in september and need to look and be at my absolute best

#2 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:52 AM

What is your current skincare routine like ?

#3 impmon

impmon

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11895 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:03 AM

bored? wash off. moisturize.

gotta wait a couple minutes? rinse your face. moisturize.

sitting waiting somewhere? refresh sunscreen.

WEAR SUNSCREEN.

wash your hands.

when youre brushing your hair, try to count 50 strokes. not for any important reason, but going for a while makes sure you got any knots out.

in the kitchen? quick cup of water.

refresh your deodorant.

• Keepitsecret? and paolarbear like this

5'3 / bmi 12.whatever / hikikomori

pls no bullytwitter / fat fucking ego / babble

3d1a3182d51b36604412d8a47938c9e4e7999ffb

if i'm ever mean, i'm just schizoid and don't know how to communicate. call me out.

#4 GrandMoeder

GrandMoeder

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:05 AM

Set boundaries and don't be afraid to say no.

• neipher likes this

#5 plum-crazy

plum-crazy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1592 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:21 AM

Walk everywhere, play games that you need to be active when playing like pokemon go 

Drink herbs and add lemon juice to water

Apply baby oil on skin and hair

Moisture and sunscreen like someone above said

Never sleep with your hair down, braid it or smthg

vitamin A and E

Bra that actaully suits you perfectly (may take some time to find)

Mineral foundation

#6 backbonedskunk

backbonedskunk

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:32 AM

find a skin routine. all you need is a good cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. if you want to add more look at your skin type. maybe a serum for hydrating if you have dry skin. maybe a face mask to reduce oil or minimizing pores.

this might seem dumb but have a shower schedule. i’ve been busy or even just depressed and i don’t shower admittedly as much as i should. just shower regularly, wash your hair brush it do whatever you need to feel nice and comfortable and relaxed.

get into walking. walking makes me feel nice seeing as i lost a lot of will to workout lately. it burns calories, gets you moving, if you do it outside get some sun and air, time to listen to music or a podcast you have been wanting to.

do some strength training. pilates, strength yoga, weights, anything to build some muscle and lose some fat. helps with metabolism and is a nice tight look, stopping you from looking the dreaded “skinny fat”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78b5a64626d302721c3076f611ee58f5.gif

Height: 5'2 

SW: 132lb 

CW: 1l7b

GW:

110lb

105lb

99lb

95lb

UGW: 90lb

- Ava 

#7 passages malibu

passages malibu

the prettiest bitch

• Accountability access
  • 11673 posts
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:42 PM

Get a food allergy test done as soon as possible- it helps with so much when you avoid those foods.
Drink warm lemon water before bed to stay extra hydrated.

Routines
Start a good skincare routine.
Keep a weekly planner.
Plan anything you can.
Find a makeup look and try to stick to it.
Find a signature fragrance- mix two together- just explore.

Sell clothes- buy better fitting ones.
Buy a bra that actually fits (look on reddit).
Invest in long lasting athletic wear.
It’s better to have 5 outfits you really love and feel comfortable wearing than it is to have a closet or clothes that you don’t feel comfortable in.
current bmi - 13.3

☥ she’s had plenty of drug problems and dated some questionable men
she’s been blamed for promoting anorexia and heroin use
and her nicknames include baby and doll face
she’s passages malibu, and she’s a rockstar trapped inside a supermodels body ☥

#8 ClaraClayton

ClaraClayton

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 19 July 2021 - 01:17 PM

Look up a lady called ‘Caroline Hirons’ she is the queen of skincare.

#9 Adellaide

Adellaide

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:04 AM

the essentials would be your hair, skin, and smell. So make sure you get your skincare routine down, I would even add in a retinoid now if you have acne (purge period should be over by september) and make sure you get a great moisturizer. Find your hair type/porosity and what works best for that, and make sure you dont smell bad. I use BHA under my arms in the creases of my body (knees, inner thigh, behind ears, under arms) to kill any odour. i also got a signature scent which works well with my skin 

If you are open to injectables, then filler and botox can work wonders. I'm getting under-eye filler for my dark circles, some lip filler and maybe a lip flip. I also might be getting a botox brow lift. Injectables would help a ton, but the skincare+haircare will always provide a good base and is necessary before any injectables imo. Also make sure you aren't deficient in any vitamins or minerals since this greatly effects your skin, hair, and nails (i was deficient in iron and looked absolutely disgusting and sick when it was at its worst) 

stats

height:182cm

hw:260lbs

gw1: 200

gw2: 190

gw3: 180

gw4: 160

gw5: 150

UGW: 130/140

#10 seakissed

seakissed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5725 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:07 AM

Find things that work for you. Don't just copy a makeup or hairstyle, but find what fits your hair, skin type, face shape etc. 

Jewelry makes an outfit stand out even more. It doesn't have to be a lot of jewelry; could be just earrings and a ring, for instance. But don't overdo it.

Find a signature look/style (doesn't mean you can't experience with your style!), fragrance, lipstick etc.

Having a beautiful purse also makes an outfit stand out. It doesn't have to be expensive, but timeless styles always look good.

Be confident, have good posture, be kind to others but know your boundaries. 

• pastafreak likes this

#11 zimniysoldat

zimniysoldat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6657 posts
  • LocationCryostasis

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:25 PM

the essentials would be your hair, skin, and smell. So make sure you get your skincare routine down, I would even add in a retinoid now if you have acne (purge period should be over by september) and make sure you get a great moisturizer. Find your hair type/porosity and what works best for that, and make sure you dont smell bad. I use BHA under my arms in the creases of my body (knees, inner thigh, behind ears, under arms) to kill any odour. i also got a signature scent which works well with my skin

If you are open to injectables, then filler and botox can work wonders. I'm getting under-eye filler for my dark circles, some lip filler and maybe a lip flip. I also might be getting a botox brow lift. Injectables would help a ton, but the skincare+haircare will always provide a good base and is necessary before any injectables imo. Also make sure you aren't deficient in any vitamins or minerals since this greatly effects your skin, hair, and nails (i was deficient in iron and looked absolutely disgusting and sick when it was at its worst)

Does bha work? Like especially longterm for reducing le stink?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Winter in Siberia is colder

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#12 pixie paris

pixie paris

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • 14432 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 05:01 AM

apple cider vinegar and celery juice first thing in the morning

#13 Adellaide

Adellaide

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:22 PM

Does bha work? Like especially longterm for reducing le stink?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any chemical exfoliant with a low pH works. The Ordinary’s glycolic acid toner is a favourite of many for this, i just use BHA since it’s what I have on hand. As long as it has a low pH it’s good. Its also anti fungal which helps with smell as well (if u have any fungal overgrowth it increases bad odours). It will work long term since it’s not something your body gets used to, this bacteria can’t live at a low exfoliating pH. I also use it on my feet and my feet don’t smell bad either (unless i’m working for long hours or smth lol)

While your body adjusts you might not notice a huge difference, but i’ve been doing this for a year and i rarely smell bad now.

stats

height:182cm

hw:260lbs

gw1: 200

gw2: 190

gw3: 180

gw4: 160

gw5: 150

UGW: 130/140

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users