Being poor inspires/helps my restriction. Anyone else? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Being poor inspires/helps my restriction. Anyone else?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 cloverhoneyy

cloverhoneyy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:59 AM

Oh I am the exact same way. Whenever I get back into really heavy restricting I always end up making this huge elaborate budget plan, and I figure out how I'm going to make my entire life perfect in the next three months. It makes me feel in control. I notice this also happening when I get really anxious/ I go off of my anxiety meds

This is so relatable. Wow.

#22 NetochkaNezvanova

NetochkaNezvanova

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:30 AM

At one time, I was barely making enough money to cover my apartment and utilities. So I only ate three or four days of the week, and very little at that. I would just have a yogurt and a pack of granola bars in the morning.

#23 cloverhoneyy

cloverhoneyy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:43 AM

At one time, I was barely making enough money to cover my apartment and utilities. So I only ate three or four days of the week, and very little at that. I would just have a yogurt and a pack of granola bars in the morning.

That's rough.

Obviously that's a terribly difficult and stressful position to be in financially. How did you feel about it from an anorexic perspective?

#24 Parrot

Parrot

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • Locationsinging in the rain

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:37 AM

I've seen it said that one of the things that "reward" anorexia, at least at the start, is saving money by spending less on food.

The trouble is my shitty AN tends to go for things in prepackaged units, like vegan protein bars which cost a lot.  And I'll also tend to eat a big portion of salad every day, which gets expensive, especially out of season.

I know one person at least who was shocked that I'll end up spending more money to eat less, which was pretty embarrassing as I know she's someone who has never had much money herself.

#25 NetochkaNezvanova

NetochkaNezvanova

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:33 PM

I did not really care. Not eating helped kill any emotional pain.

That's rough.

Obviously that's a terribly difficult and stressful position to be in financially. How did you feel about it from an anorexic perspective?

#26 cloverhoneyy

cloverhoneyy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:15 PM

I've seen it said that one of the things that "reward" anorexia, at least at the start, is saving money by spending less on food.

The trouble is my shitty AN tends to go for things in prepackaged units, like vegan protein bars which cost a lot. And I'll also tend to eat a big portion of salad every day, which gets expensive, especially out of season.

I know one person at least who was shocked that I'll end up spending more money to eat less, which was pretty embarrassing as I know she's someone who has never had much money herself.

Honestly, I relate with this a little bit.

Pickles are one of my fav safe foods, so Ive become a pickle snob and blow $13 on boutique pickles cause I hate the cheap ones. I like buying boutique cashew cheeses and stuff. BOOM. Half of my weekly budget gone.

#27 improper apricot

improper apricot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:24 AM

My ED loves being broke, it's the perfect excuse to latch on to.

hw: 204

lw: 122.6

cw: 195.4

gw1: 175

gw2: 150

gw3: 125

gw4: 110

ugw: 98

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users